• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Noises

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last night trailering it around town I had everything off inside and all the windows down so I could hear the tires. With all the noise, which I wasn't cognizant of before, every time I hit a bump I had to check in the back because it sounded like the boat fell off the trailer or the trailer came loose. LOL

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I guess I’m fortunate so far. My trailer sounds okay. Not sure if this is why though. Here is a pic of the grease port I was referring to. It’s behind the fenders. You have to look hard to find them. 2012, so maybe they don’t exist any more.

1658942916061.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I guess I’m fortunate so far. My trailer sounds okay. Not sure if this is why though. Here is a pic of the grease port I was referring to. It’s behind the fenders. You have to look hard to find them. 2012, so maybe they don’t exist any more.

View attachment 183763
They are there on my 2020 trailer… will have to hit it again just for good measure! Thanks for posting!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are there on my 2020 trailer… will have to hit it again just for good measure! Thanks for posting!
Going to crawl under trailer the minute I get home......

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZMark that's the definition of pain...lol

In response to some mentions of torsion axles, yes they're basically silent. They have their pros and cons also, though. When the rubber "suspension" portion is worn out, the axle has to be replaced. There's no way to replace just the worn out pieces. Granted, it does take a long time, it's not like they have an inferior lifespan. They are also more expensive, so added cost up front. I'd suspect that the up front cost might average out over the lifespan of the axle, considering that spring suspension components probably have a little less lifespan than the torsion. The only real disadvantage I see from torsion is that the axles don't "walk" up and down over uneven ground like spring axles do. When going over an edge of a few inches, a spring suspension will keep all 4 tires (in the case of a tandem axle) on the ground due to how the suspension has an equalizer in the middle. With a torsion axle, you'll often see the one axle suspended in the air until the second axle goes over the edge also. So basically, for road travel, torsion is the clear winner in a lot of ways, but for trailers that will be used on uneven ground, spring axles have the edge, despite their downfalls. Nobody is wrong in choosing one over the other, they're both tried and true with their own pros and cons.

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 2013 trailer sounds awful it's kinda embarrassing. Comforting to know I'm not alone

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I use fluid film on my trailer. Hosed the leaf springs/pivot points and it quieted down nicely. Also fights rust.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use fluid film on my trailer. Hosed the leaf springs/pivot points and it quieted down nicely. Also fights rust.
Did you use the spray cans or the gallon with an applicator or sprayer?

Also which type, they have a black, a regular and an undercoating one that I have seen so far?

Got em all in the Amazon cart, just not sure which one to use. :)

Last edited:

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Did you use the spray cans or the gallon with an applicator or sprayer?

Also which type, they have a black, a regular and an undercoating one that I have seen so far?

Got em all in the Amazon cart, just not sure which one to use. :)
I tried the aerosol can first. Good for touch ups but didnt last long. Then I bought the gun and a half gallon can. Worked but the wax was too watery and drips. The last gallon can I bought was a nasty snot looking chit that clings and doesnt run as long as you dont over do it. Let me look back in my purchase history and find it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I use the fluid film on my vehicles also. Good stuff. The applicator gun does a better job with more pressure. I think 60-70psi. It atomizeses the goop better. The goop flows into the pickup tube better when left in the sun a bit.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use the fluid film on my vehicles also. Good stuff. The applicator gun does a better job with more pressure. I think 60-70psi. It atomizeses the goop better. The goop flows into the pickup tube better when left in the sun a bit.
Ordered The Gallon and the applicator. Should all be here by Sunday. I am hoping to get it coated and quiter before towing to FL soon.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 183763
I can confirm I have one on each side of the trailer. Will grease them this weekend and alsu spray down with fluid film.

Lawman25

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe I wasn't paying attention before, but now since I was listening to the new tires with everything off in the car on the way home from the office, the trailer makes a lot of creaking noises going over bumps and manhole covers. A lot more than I can remember. I did lubricate the springs and the spring bolts, sprayed silicone, on them when I had the wheels off last weekend.

Is everyone's shorelandr' trailer sound like that? Has anyone done anything or used different lubricants that help?
That's just every trailer ever. My shorelandr, my Big Tex flatbed, even my Ranger Trail........they all creak and moan. Just turn the radio up and you'll be all good

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I took the family to the lake today. We had our windows down listening on the way out. Last night I pumped the zerks till I couildn't pump anymore on the trailer. The trailer was noticeably much quieter. The fluid film came in today and I am going to use it tomorrow if I have time.