• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2020 Jetboat Pilot SEADEK Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Seadek from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - the discount has now reached the maximum 30% already!

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Seadeck is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until Wednesday September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trolling Motor Owner Questions - Specific Post

washipdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had to remove the factory mount and trolling motor this week to get the cover on the boat. I ordered a Minn Kota RTA-54 Quick Release and the MKR-26 plug. Going to remount everything this week and hopefully will be better than what was there originally.
The quick release is a great addition. When I want to put my cover on, I just pop the trolling motor off, put it in the bow, and the cover fits perfectly.

Botchco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I had to remove the factory mount and trolling motor this week to get the cover on the boat. I ordered a Minn Kota RTA-54 Quick Release and the MKR-26 plug. Going to remount everything this week and hopefully will be better than what was there originally.
you’ll like the new setup. cover fits great with motor off via the quick mount. Good luck and share how it comes out.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So the RTA-54 and the MKR-26 when on without any problems. It's much better than before, comes off and goes on easy. The installation is more rigid with the addition of the thick mount plus an additional aluminum plate for rigidity in the mount. The quality of the materials was worth every penny. Comes with all of the parts that you need. I'd highly recommend these to anyone interested. Some of the pics are from before cleaning up, it's all white and no dirt now.

IMG_4120.jpg IMG_4112.jpg IMG_4118.jpg IMG_4116.jpg
IMG_4117.jpg IMG_4113.jpg IMG_4119.jpg

Botchco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
So the RTA-54 and the MKR-26 when on without any problems. It's much better than before, comes off and goes on easy. The installation is more rigid with the addition of the thick mount plus an additional aluminum plate for rigidity in the mount. The quality of the materials was worth every penny. Comes with all of the parts that you need. I'd highly recommend these to anyone interested. Some of the pics are from before cleaning up, it's all white and no dirt now.

View attachment 128443 View attachment 128444 View attachment 128445 View attachment 128446
View attachment 128447 View attachment 128448 View attachment 128449
Looks great! Well done and thanks for sharing!

Botchco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length

View attachment 128443 View attachment 128444 View attachment 128445 View attachment 128446
View attachment 128447 View attachment 128448 View attachment 128449
Hey one other thing... I think Minn Kota recommends the puck be mounted no closer than 24" from the trolling motor itself due to interference. curious if you've tested...

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey one other thing... I think Minn Kota recommends the puck be mounted no closer than 24" from the trolling motor itself due to interference. curious if you've tested...
You are absolutely correct though, shouldn't be mounted where it is.

Unfortunately I didn't mount it, the previous owner did.

I'd move it but then what do I do with the holes from the screws. I'm planning on using it for the first time tomorrow.

What's the old saying, if you want it done right, do it yourself.

Here's the text from the instructions:

1596589280093.png

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So had the boat out yesterday for the first time. The Minn Kota worked flawlessly. This is my first experience with a trolling motor and I was blown away by the Spot Lock feature. OMG! Loved It! Has changed my entire experience on the water.

JASmith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just bought the same power connector as you, since the twist lock thing my dealer installed was a hateful, evil thing. Should be here tomorrow and then I can install it.

I may have to switch my mount to the same you used as well, since the aluminum sharp edged thing they gave me is bound to gouge something or put a hole in a seat when removing it. I'll probably do it at the same time as I create a custom mounting bracket though.

How much does your trolling motor weigh? I have the Garmin Force, which I really like, but it's nearly 75lbs.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just bought the same power connector as you, since the twist lock thing my dealer installed was a hateful, evil thing. Should be here tomorrow and then I can install it.

I may have to switch my mount to the same you used as well, since the aluminum sharp edged thing they gave me is bound to gouge something or put a hole in a seat when removing it. I'll probably do it at the same time as I create a custom mounting bracket though.

How much does your trolling motor weigh? I have the Garmin Force, which I really like, but it's nearly 75lbs.
Not sure of the weight, but it’s fairly easy to place and remove from the mount.