• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Used Boats For Sale

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am seeing a lot of Yamaha's as well as others getting posted on Facebook, Craigslist as well as some dealers lately around here for sale. Models and years are all over the place. It is increasing over the last week or two, somewhat rapidly.

Anyone else seeing that trend around their area?

Yes, here in the Sf Bay Area I saw 4 for used Yamaha’s last night (two weeks ago there were none), some were clearly scams. I think the weather getting better and the pandemic continuing has a lot to do with it here. Now is the best time to sell / get the highest price.

Same here but as stated by @Ronnie the prices are high, a couple of Yamahas with recent model years (2019 for example) are probably what the owner paid. Definitely a seller's market here. I've asked the Admiral a couple of times if she wants to get our money back - pretty sure I could get every cent back - but she says no. :cool:

Makes sense. Will see how many more hit the market and how crowded and crazy the lakes and boat launches get around here. We have decided, as can be seen by all my mod posts, to keep the current boat at least another year. Otherwise I would be selling it now and possibly going 25'. Want to see if they make changes to the 21' footers this year or the next and work out any kinks.

I received a call from a local dealer Tuesday that they had a buyer back out on a 2021 AR210 and were curious if I was interested...I’ve been looking for awhile and with the market figure I’ll get more for my 2012 SX190 now than I will next year after everyone sells their COVID boat purchases. While the dealer is working out the numbers, I went ahead and posted my 190 on Facebook Tuesday for an absurd amount (24,000), and you wouldn’t believe the amount of messages I have.
I was just trying to gauge interest and not get flooded with messages like I would if I put a more reasonable number on it.

If the deal doesn’t work-out with my local dealer on the new boat, might honestly just unload what I have and wait for another new boat to arrive at the dealer or wait until next year for a used 2019+...

My local dealer only has a few 190's, and all are pending. Only new ones listed show sold amd not yet delivered to the dealer.

I still have my boat trader search saved from when I was looking about a year ago and it has slightly fewer boats than then. But FL market has already had its hot spot.

This one really caught my eye though, great looking refurb.

Just checked my local dealer's website for used inventory. One boat: a 1987 Boston Whaler!

Checked the second closest dealer's website and they did have four used boats for sale including one Yamaha, a 2016 AR240.

I don't know if there are more listings or not (not looking) but a buddy of mine in the market sent me a Facebook post for a 2014 212SS that was 7K more than what I paid for my 2015 212X last year.

Came across a boat same as what I bought but 1yr older. Same as when I bought mine no aftermarket anything and it was priced $11k higher than I paid for mine 2yrs ago. Crazy how prices are right now on boats, trucks, houses, lumber and the list goes on.

I'm so tempted to list my 242 LSE. But I don't wanna be boatless

My long time friend has been looking for a boat.... he found a used pintoon boat all set for fishing, the asking price was $10K. My friend was ready to buy the boat when he got an email from the seller letting everyone know the bidding would start at $10K. My friend emailed him an asked wtf? You said it was $10K? The seller wrote back and said he viewed his boat like a house and people could bid on it. My friend said, oh okay their is a Raptor you could tow it with at this dealer.. (he had gone shopping for a Raptor and this dealer was charging a $25K Mark up-my friend walked away) when the seller wrote back to ask about the Raptor comment he told my friend he was second in line to buy the boat, to which my friend replied, shove that boat up your ass. Lol!

I agree with others here, there are going to be a lot of not only slightly used boats coming on the market-either sale by owner or bank owned, as well as rvs and vehicles. Interest rates are going to rise along with inflation, possibly stagflation, which will further exacerbate the growing inventory of used fun machines.

The only boat I’m Interested in is my boat... super happy with it!

Last edited:
Update: just had from what I can tell a very legitimate buyer offer full asking price... 24k for a 2012 SX190...unbelievable. Will update after she comes to purchase Sunday.
OMG, you better take the money and run. (that's assuming you have a replacement) But wow, that's a full $10K over what that bought should have sold for pre-pandemic! Good luck!

I was thinking that there would be a lot of one year old boats for sale this year but with the pandemic still going on, looks like next year might be the year. The question is how long into the season can you go to still capitalize on the crazy market and then roll the dice on being able to get a replacement next year? Can't be without a boat all summer!

2017 190FSH Sport for $27,895 at the dealer (non yamaha) in South Florida where I bought my new (to me) boat

I'm so tempted to list my 242 LSE. But I don't wanna be boatless

I keep thinking about this too. But in addition to being boatless, I’m not sure I want to deal with the pain in the butt of trying to work a deal on an upside down used boat while interest rates are rising. Since we’re happy with our current boat, I think we’re better off just holding still.

I’m just happy I got in before things got really crazy.

I received a call from a local dealer Tuesday that they had a buyer back out on a 2021 AR210 and were curious if I was interested...I’ve been looking for awhile and with the market figure I’ll get more for my 2012 SX190 now than I will next year after everyone sells their COVID boat purchases. While the dealer is working out the numbers, I went ahead and posted my 190 on Facebook Tuesday for an absurd amount (24,000), and you wouldn’t believe the amount of messages I have.
I was just trying to gauge interest and not get flooded with messages like I would if I put a more reasonable number on it.

If the deal doesn’t work-out with my local dealer on the new boat, might honestly just unload what I have and wait for another new boat to arrive at the dealer or wait until next year for a used 2019+...
Did the dealer give you an out the door price on the AR210? I would have jumped on that since they are so hard to find.

Worth considering: Not only is COVID social distancing continuing to drive demand, pushing prices up, but BOTH fiscal policy (waves of stimulus spending and significant cash to the people) AND monetary policy (massive, massive expansion of money supply - see below chart) are pushing prices up, up, up.

How much is temporary, how much is structural and will be with us for many years? Very difficult to tell. Think it through... How has the stock market been hitting record highs amidst this global economic crisis? Why are housing prices going up, up, up at the same time? What does this mean to our savings and investments, what does it tell us about our salaries and wages, in real terms?

My point? There are very, very large macroeconomic forces in play driving boat prices beyond the social-distancing-driven pop in demand for boats. We def live in interesting times.

Screenshot_20210424-102348_Chrome.jpg

Back