• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water in the Front Locker (Bucket Locker), Anchor Drain issue?

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After the last two times out there has been 5-10 gallons of water pooled in the front bucket locker. Does a bad anchor drain leak into the bucket locker? I thought it leaked directly into the bilge. Is there something else I should be looking to seal to keep water out of my front floor locker? Side note: do you guys keep that drain plug closed?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After the last two times out there has been 5-10 gallons of water pooled in the front bucket locker. Does a bad anchor drain leak into the bucket locker? I thought it leaked directly into the bilge. Is there something else I should be looking to seal to keep water out of my front floor locker? Side note: do you guys keep that drain plug closed?
Thats a lot of water in that compartment!

question, did you wash the deck down or have water come over the bow?

I never get water in there unless I wash the deck down a lot and open the hatch too quickly afterwards and the water in the hatch drain channel pours in because it had not drained out through the drain.

Also, that plug in there stays out, well at least not secured.

If it is a bad anchor locker drain, it will go into the bilge.

I did tighten up the latch so that the hatch pulls down onto the gasket in and that kept the water out when washing down the deck.

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah it’s got me stumped. After every time out I bail what I can with the five gallon bucket and then drain the rest.

No wash downs. Some water over the bow but most of it I see running down the deck into the valve under the captains chair.

That’s what I thought with the anchor locker. All the posts say it drains into the bilge. I haven’t seen anyone post about excess water in the front storage locker.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah it’s got me stumped. After every time out I bail what I can with the five gallon bucket and then drain the rest.

No wash downs. Some water over the bow but most of it I see running down the deck into the valve under the captains chair.

That’s what I thought with the anchor locker. All the posts say it drains into the bilge. I haven’t seen anyone post about excess water in the front storage locker.
Yeah, there is no source of water that I can think of for the bucket locker other than deck water. You might try tightening up the latch That holds the hatch closed to get to seat better on the gasket.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Drain in the lip is not draining properly. Put a garden hose in it and check water comes out the back. The hose can droop as it goes to the back preventing gravity flow.

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good idea @motomandan -- I'll check that out. The lip was full of water so I bet that's it. And the last couple times I went out there was quite a bit of chop. Maybe that much water did come over the bow??

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just finally got around to digging into this a little deeper myself. Yamaha was really lazy with how they installed this to the point there was nearly a loop of extra hose crammed in there, which created a P trap of sorts. I was able to cut this much extra hose out of the end and reattach it to the 90 degree fitting on the deck drain fitting you see here. It now drains like it should... finally. I did have to blast some water through it to clear out whatever decided to settle in there though, but now things are working much better.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ive
I just finally got around to digging into this a little deeper myself. Yamaha was really lazy with how they installed this to the point there was nearly a loop of extra hose crammed in there, which created a P trap of sorts. I was able to cut this much extra hose out of the end and reattach it to the 90 degree fitting on the deck drain fitting you see here. It now drains like it should... finally. I did have to blast some water through it to clear out whatever decided to settle in there though, but now things are working much better.
I’ve tried everything and can’t get mine to drain reliably… hood to see someone having success!!!

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2018. The drain hoses for these are almost dead flat in some places. I've had to blast mine out with a hose a few times to clear debris. My understanding on some of the model years there were actually places where the hose was run up in the engine comportment. I bought mine used and the original owner said this was a problem and the dealer re-routed it in my boat. I don't know any of the details of that.

I do know that my boat needs to be stern-down enough or the channel doesn't drain. I have an almost flat driveway, but if I don't put a block of wood under the trailer jack and crank it up all the way it won't drain.

I can't imagine how you get gallons of water in there though. You would need to put dozens of gallons on deck to have that much accumulate in there! Perhaps you should try leaving the hatch open while operating on the water and seeing if there is water rushing in from somewhere?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine was slow until I pulled the slack out and eliminaed the hump in the Scupper hose that the front drain connects to.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine was slow until I pulled the slack out and eliminaed the hump in the Scupper hose that the front drain connects to.
I used some big ty wraps to make a truss for that main deck drain as well. I also checked the routing of the bucket locker drain line and even re routed it per the one YouTube vid and it still does not drain reliably. Once the bow comes up when taking off and getting on plane it will drain. I thought about just running it overboard right in the bucket locker compartment but I’d have to drill a big hole in the liner to get to the hull which I don’t want to do.

In the next few weeks I’m just going to install a small shower sump right below the bucket locker drain and let that water flow straight down into the sump. The sump has what is basically a bilge pump in it that will pump that water out through the stock drain line and into the main deck drain line.

It seems to me there just isn’t enough slope between the drain itself and the 1.5” main deck drain scupper line to promote reliable drainage.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yep that is exactly what I did!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I used some big ty wraps to make a truss for that main deck drain as well. I also checked the routing of the bucket locker drain line and even re routed it per the one YouTube vid and it still does not drain reliably. Once the bow comes up when taking off and getting on plane it will drain. I thought about just running it overboard right in the bucket locker compartment but I’d have to drill a big hole in the liner to get to the hull which I don’t want to do.

In the next few weeks I’m just going to install a small shower sump right below the bucket locker drain and let that water flow straight down into the sump. The sump has what is basically a bilge pump in it that will pump that water out through the stock drain line and into the main deck drain line.

It seems to me there just isn’t enough slope between the drain itself and the 1.5” main deck drain scupper line to promote reliable drainage.
I had to remove about 6 inches from the deck drain hose to get mine working.

OntheWater77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I agree, I have rerouted the drain line where is connects in the engine compartment and still even at optimal drop in the engine compartment, that front bucket compartment drain ledge only drains about 50% effectively at best. There just is not enough drop over the distance.

OntheWater77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I agree, I have rerouted the drain line where is connects in the engine compartment and still even at optimal drop in the engine compartment, that front bucket compartment drain ledge only drains about 50% effectively at best. There just is not enough drop over the distance.