• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We have been looking to add to our boating options

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Y’all almost got me in a car accident lol.
It was red and we were all stoped and I was looking at the pictures I started driving when the person in front of me did not. I cannot believe I managed to stop before I messed his and my fender. All your fault people

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Y’all almost got me in a car accident lol.
It was red and we were all stoped and I was looking at the pictures I started driving when the person in front of me did not. I cannot believe I managed to stop before I messed his and my fender. All your fault people
Pay attention my friend to what is in front of you, in reality. Vermont is a "hands free" State. They will use your device against you if you get in an accident. My pictures can wait until you are in the comforts of your home, or at least pull over so you don't wrinkle the Prius. Thanks for showing interest...and be safe. :winkingthumbsup"

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was literally one traffic light before turning to the hotel. Lol

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was literally one traffic light before turning to the hotel. Lol
No excuses for texting while driving!
Bad Betik.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That Teak came out amazing, Zip.
Thank You Sir! Almost done, I just have to finish the cockpit sole. I did the companionway sole this afternoon.

20190626_132302.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cannot believe the difference the teak is making to the boat. Such a step change!

I continue to be amazed at your progress with this small project...

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I cannot believe the difference the teak is making to the boat. Such a step change!

I continue to be amazed at your progress with this small project...
Yes it is quite a change. When you see what was there just a few months ago. Broken, worn out and missing pieces.

20181125_121023.jpg

The missing piece on the left, I took off to give to the place, to copy the profile, that we bought the teak from.
This was the condition of the cockpit during the survey in late April 2018. Shame on the PO for only putting a tarp over the boom as a winter cover. We still find strands of that tarp while washing under the cover on the deck that houses the running rigging.

20180409_091346_1.jpg

I dont have a current picture, I will take one tomorrow when it is finished, but you can get the idea from these two recent pics.

20190621_174834.jpg

MVIMG_20190624_183544-3.jpg

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The new cockpit is finished, but for 1 short piece on the cockpit sole, I ran out of adhesive. It has been quite a project with many different fascets in work experience performed and she is shining now. We love the new Teak, I started finishing the wood over the winter. The new helm is awesome with the folding Lewmar wheel, new angled pedestal guard, NavPod with Raymarine Axiom 9RV, wind instruments and EV-100 Auto pilot. Refinishing the 28YO teak table to make all the wood match. And to top it off...the job done on the new dodger and bimini makes me smile. I can kick back now and finish my beer, it has been a Long Trail...Now, where do I get that "No Shoes on Board" barefoot graphic. ;)

For reference You can see what she looked like, at purchase, 14 months ago in my previous post. I dont't like looking at that picture, it makes me cringe.

20190628_171638.jpg

20190628_171522.jpg

20190628_172338.jpg

I am stealing a quote from R.W. Emerson and making it my own... "Refitting an old boat is not about the destination, It's about the Journey".

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Perfect quote selection @zipper!

When you started this thread almost two years ago we were all happy to go for the ride; However I don't think a single one of your fans here thought it would be such an amazing journey!

To be part of this, from vessel selection thru the full metamorphosis, has been an extremely enjoyable experience. And this coming from a guy just looking at pics on his phone a few hundred miles away.
(Not while driving.... @Betik, lol)

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for sharing your journey.

Now when are you going to bring that gorgeous vessel down to some blue waters!?!
You and Willow definitely deserve the break!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On the boat this afternoon cleaning her up for the party and fireworks on the 3rd. Flying the colors for the USA and Willow's home State. @rkim808 might be familar with this one also.

20190629_152428.jpg

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so when are you changing the picture on your signature ?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I can get both boats together, stern to stern in the same picture. Just waiting for the right conditions and an extra hand or two. But in the interum, i may update the Beneteau pic.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@zipper that new Teak is stunning!
I want it.

--

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The covers and the teak are amazing.

You must know you're setting the bar pretty high for others to post pictures of "resto-mod" projects :D :D

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I finished the windlass wire runs and terminations this afternoon. We now have a working windlass.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The canvas company finished the install this morning. They/she did a great job with the cockpit rain/sun shield and the dodger windows.

20190709_090007.jpg

20190709_091413.jpg

Looks pretty awesome.