• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We have been looking to add to our boating options

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree. That thing looks great now.

And WOW what a process to get it back in the water. I have so many questions.

How often do you have to pull it like that?
How does that red machine pickup the black steel the boat was sitting on?
Is that red machine custom or something every marina on the coast will have?
What's the cost to pull it out/put it back in the water?

I've always been a trailer boater so this process is really interesting.
Thank You Sir.
1. Hopefully just once a year before freeze up, unless you need a short haul for some reason.
2. The red machine lifts the whole cradle that the boat sits on. They can put the boats closer together for storage than they could with just the travel lift.
3. It is not custom. But these guys pack them in closer because of smaller real estate.
4. A short haul is about $325-350 usually around $10/ft.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We performed the Denaming/Renaming ceremony this evening. So now I feel I can show the new name for the boat. It went well and we poured a lot of good Champagne into the Lake to make sure Poseidon and his brothers of the four winds take it easy on us. We had plenty of food and drink for our guests and recieved many positive comments on the ceremony and what we have done for the boat since purchase 1 year ago.

20190511_174748.jpg

20190511_174804.jpg

The after ceremony party with friends at the Marina

20190511_183650.jpg

We recorded the ceremony on the GoPro and will view/edit it later. Hopefully it will provide some video worthy of posting.

So cutting to the quick, here is her new name. It was my decision to name her after my wifes Hawaiian and ancestral name. She shares this name with her great great grandmother.

20190511_185242.jpg

This is her name and the Hawaiian Island navigational compass rose.

20190505_140638_1.jpg

I am not sure, but @rkim808 might know of this navigational aid from the past.

20190505_144310.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the de/re-naming! Cool name. Nice graphic. And awesome looking boat with the work you have done to it. Still loving following this thread...

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I gotta be honest here....
I'm rather shocked you didn't have our JetBoaters.net greek god himself, the great @Betik, come perform the ceremony.

But I wouldn't worry too much. The vessel looks amazing and I'm quite sure @Betik will take his champagne via FedEx. Lol

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@tdonoughue Thank You Sir. It has been a journey...and a big learning experience. I am glad to have you aboard. ;) Bringing the sails out tomorrow and getting her ready for the move South to Burlington in 10 days.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I gotta be honest here....
I'm rather shocked you didn't have our JetBoaters.net greek god himself, the great @Betik, come perform the ceremony.

But I wouldn't worry too much. The vessel looks amazing and I'm quite sure @Betik will take his champagne via FedEx. Lol
@Bennie I tried to suggest that to him on page 6 post #108. I appreciate his contribution in the link he posted in post #107. At $50/bottle x3 I am about out of champagne money plus shipping. :winkingthumbsup"

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We performed the Denaming/Renaming ceremony this evening. So now I feel I can show the new name for the boat. It went well and we poured a lot of good Champagne into the Lake to make sure Poseidon and his brothers of the four winds take it easy on us. We had plenty of food and drink for our guests and recieved many positive comments on the ceremony and what we have done for the boat since purchase 1 year ago.

View attachment 94083

View attachment 94084

View attachment 94089

We recorded the ceremony on the GoPro and will view/edit it later. Hopefully it will provide some video worthy of posting.

So cutting to the quick, here is her new name. It was my decision to name her after my wifes Hawaiian and ancestral name. She shares this name with her great great grandmother.

View attachment 94091

View attachment 94092

View attachment 94093
What a transformation of the vessel, and in such a short time! Amazing.

@rkim808 Rueben - this new name and compass logo is better than your wrap, lol

--

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 94083

View attachment 94084

View attachment 94089

View attachment 94091

View attachment 94092

View attachment 94093
Aloha kakahiaka @zipper, that’s awesome and congrats on the renaming ceremony. I love the addition of ur name sake Hawaiian star compass, IMO it just confirms that it is a Hawaiian name, and not another ethnicity. It’s so awesome and Pono that u r carrying on Hawaiian traditions so far away. My only question is, where’s the Hawaiian food haha lol. Mahalo nui loa for sharing.🤙🏽

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Aloha kakahiaka @zipper, that’s awesome and congrats on the renaming ceremony. I love the addition of ur name sake Hawaiian star compass, IMO it just confirms that it is a Hawaiian name, and not another ethnicity. It’s so awesome and Pono that u r carrying on Hawaiian traditions so far away. My only question is, where’s the Hawaiian food haha lol. Mahalo nui loa for sharing.🤙🏽
Aloha, Yes Sir I know...would have liked a Poke bowl or Kalua pig but our ground temps. are too cold now for a Imu. I must say, appologies, I have not yet aquired a taste for Poi. I know there are many other recipies, but hard to get the ingredients here. Mahalo.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What a transformation of the vessel, and in such a short time! Amazing.

@rkim808 Rueben - this new name and compass logo is better than your wrap, lol

--
Thank You for watching from the beginning.

Last edited:

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha, Yes Sir I know...would have liked a Poke bowl or Kalua pig but our ground temps. are too cold now for a Imu. I must say, appologies, I have not yet aquired a taste for Poi. I know there are many other recipies, but hard to get the ingredients here. Mahalo.
Aloha @zipper, I can give u a recipe for making Kalua Pig in a crock pot. And u know what it comes out pretty good. Then as for the poi, add a teaspoon of sugar. I know of some people that eat it like that. I don’t personally, I love poi. And as for getting ingredients, u let me know what u want or need and I can send it too u.🤙🏽

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very very nice job!
Best time is first cup of coffee in the morning everything perfectly still, standing on deck, enjoying the the look of your hard work on her. Perfectly still water, smell of the coffee when taking a sip. Then smell the cool air, one or two birds floating gently across the sky diving down a little. The sound of the clip on the halyard hitting the mast once or twice as you shift your weight to see if you can tilt the whole boat without moving... Enjoy!
Then some jet boater comes racing by with the stereo cranked up causing a huge wake with a guy surfing in it. All the crap falls off your shelf in the galley. The breakfast your wife just put on the table slides off, there is coffee and eggs on the floor. She screams up what the heck was that? You think quickly, just look down and say a big wave just like in Hawaii.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Aloha @zipper, I can give u a recipe for making Kalua Pig in a crock pot. And u know what it comes out pretty good. Then as for the poi, add a teaspoon of sugar. I know of some people that eat it like that. I don’t personally, I love poi. And as for getting ingredients, u let me know what u want or need and I can send it too u.🤙🏽
Aloha Rueben, we would love the indoor alternative. Possibly something you could post on the "eating and drinking" section. Or if not just PM me. Mahalo nui loa Sir.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very very nice job!
Best time is first cup of coffee in the morning everything perfectly still, standing on deck, enjoying the the look of your hard work on her. Perfectly still water, smell of the coffee when taking a sip. Then smell the cool air, one or two birds floating gently across the sky diving down a little. The sound of the clip on the halyard hitting the mast once or twice as you shift your weight to see if you can tilt the whole boat without moving... Enjoy!
Then some jet boater comes racing by with the stereo cranked up causing a huge wake with a guy surfing in it. All the crap falls off your shelf in the galley. The breakfast your wife just put on the table slides off, there is coffee and eggs on the floor. She screams up what the heck was that? You think quickly, just look down and say a big wave just like in Hawaii.
You had me Day Dreaming...until that Surf Boat rocked my world. :winkingthumbsup"

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have the boat ready for the trip South to Burlington this comming Tuesday. It should be a Three Hour Tour. ;) Stopping off at Shelburne Shipyard first for a few days as we await the opening of the new Marina in Burlington, delayed due to the Ice pack this Winter and flood stage Lake water levels this Spring. Opening this Friday for the Memorial day weekend.

This weekend, today, I am attending a sail and rig trimming class down at Point Bay Marina in Charlotte, where we purchased her a year ago. Just me sailing on other's 30'+ racing boats. Yesterday I spent the afternoon on a J105, J/105 a similar rig to our Bene, but interior is stripped for racing and has a retractable bowsprit to fly an asymetrical spinnaker. Had a blast and learned a ton.

Bill Gladstone of North U, Home - North U is teaching the course. A few hours of theory in a classroom under a tent and then he follows us around in a Boston Whaler filming our tacks and gibes, shouting out trimming techniques to keep the telltails flying in the right direction. This morning we start out reviewing Yesterdays video and he critiques us from what he saw and then back out sailing this morning before the weather window closes this afternoon.

20190519_105501.jpg

20190518_135913.jpg

Here we discuss how the sail trim and rig are effected by increasing/decreasing tension on the backstay, bending the mast, with a hydrolic backstay adjuster.

20190518_135909.jpg

As Bill said in the class, "You could be out Cruising with no other boats around. But when another boat shows up, you will be in a Race".
Gotta go to class now.

Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ll share.BA56D7A8-163E-4B63-80B6-45EBA603FCFF.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The new head faucet/shower mixing valve arrived. The existing 28yo faucet sprays all over the counter. It can't be fixed and it needed to be upgraded/updated anyway. Willow chose this one from Defender Scandvik Combination Faucet / Shower with Adjustable Aerator
We like having a 12gal. hot water heater on the boat heated by shore power and/or the diesel engine. I hope to pop it in today while doing final prep. for tomorrow.

20190520_064320.jpg

Attachments

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Installed the Faucet, we have water. This was the old one.

20190520_115429.jpg

I am going to make a round HDPE base to put the faucet on. The hole was a little big and I don't care much for my caulk job. I can do better.

20190520_164829.jpg

Shower mode

20190520_164819.jpg

We postponed the trip to Burlington tomorrow for a few days. The NOAA weather forcast said 20-30mph NW winds, gusts to 40. Temps. mid 40's. That will kick up waves and conditions we don't want to be out in.

Edit: If the water looks a little pink, we are still flushing out the antifreeze, from the water heater, from this winter.
Is it ever going to warm up? The first 70° day was today during this install. I wanted to go out in the Yamaha, but it was rain and thunder all day. 72° one day, 42° the next.

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice faucet upgrade @zipper . Our bathroom (head) sink faucet is just a spicate, since we have a shower stall, has a few wild streams too. I think I need to take it off and soak in some CLR type stuff to get rid of the mineral deposits from the water. I filter all fresh water that comes into the boat that I don't think the previous owner did. The available water at the dock is clean, but nobody drinks it.