• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We have been looking to add to our boating options

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@zipper I'm continually impressed by the amount of work you and your wife get done.

I mean, you guys sleep at some point right?

Also, the value you've gotten from the Sailrite machine with all of these projects is equally amazing. Most people don't use a tool like that to 1/2 of this capacity.

Well done sir!

Also, it's definitely a boat shoe on wheels.
Thank you, I sleep she doesn't. She added a few tools to the Sailrite. A new Juki this past Spring and an Osborne fastener press next to the Sailrite, in front of the window in the background.

20211207_083045.jpg

She is at a cockpit enclosure course at
Hood Marine Canvas and Hood Marine Canvas Training Workshops in Mass. as I type this.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New bow filler base insert and cushion for the cabin/v-berth. We removed the v-berth door and insert this. Increases the sleeping area up front.

20220402_125406.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Opened up the boat today. Loaded the truck with cushions, took the Winter cover off and enjoyed the warm afternoon.

Screenshot_20220405-192332_Photos.jpg

20220405_192713.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah, spring. When an old man's thoughts turn to... how close is Lake Champlain from where I am? Oh. How close is it to where I am vacationing this summer? Oh. How close is it to family I might visit? Hmmmm...

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ah, spring. When an old man's thoughts turn to... how close is Lake Champlain from where I am? Oh. How close is it to where I am vacationing this summer? Oh. How close is it to family I might visit? Hmmmm...
Do tell!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wife's cousin, as it turns out, lives in Vermont. Where? On Lake Champlain...

Perhaps we need to arrange a visit during sailing season...

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Very cool.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Welcome aboard...we have special seating for our guests! Many enjoy the ride on the Freeboard seats.

20220408_061752.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been working on the gelcoat with a couple of 3M products. She has not shined like this in a long time, years before we bought her 4 years ago and my arms are about to fall off from holding up the rotary buffer while using the 1 step clean and wax. But a little soreness never looked so good. I also added a coat of 3M wax to seal it all up. Hard to get a good picture with a camera phone but trust me, she's lookin good. She will get wet Thursday.

20220510_184801.jpg

20220510_182323.jpg

20220510_182154.jpg

20220510_182123.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been working on the gelcoat with a couple of 3M products. She has not shined like this in a long time, years before we bought her 4 years ago and my arms are about to fall off from holding up the rotary buffer while using the 1 step clean and wax. But a little soreness never looked so good. I also added a coat of 3M wax to seal it all up. Hard to get a good picture with a camera phone but trust me, she's lookin good. She will get wet Thursday.

View attachment 177574

View attachment 177575

View attachment 177571

View attachment 177570
Always a nice feeling when she gets wet👍

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it is! There is nothin else quite like it.⛵:p:cool:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well after a 3 day delay, the marina called at 9:30am to tell us the boat was in the water. The call would have been better last Friday, but it is what it is.We finished our errands in town, went home and changed clothes/plans and made a b-line to the boat. Once there I started the engine, idled for 5 mins., threw off the dock lines and motored to our slip, 30 mins away @ 6kts. All is well. Needs her sails. Our 2022 season has begun. Done whining.

47798EB1-8283-4491-BBD6-879361F2A0AA.jpeg

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, I’m 103 and 104 certified. MOB drills in a 15-20knt wind was intense. One of the students just could not pull the maneuver off from the helm and I was on Main sheet and jib sheet. My hands are raw!!! Then when I was on helm we did a jibe and the guy on port job sheet did not time the let out correctly which with the high winds caused the furling to get fouled up. We then spent almost an hour trying to unfoul the roller furling in a pretty heavy wind. As we were doing that we had an accidental anchor drop. It was an intense mess. We managed to get the jib furled and then had to deal with the main. This boat had a lazy jack which seemed to always get in the way of raising or lowering the main.
The navigation and chart work of both the 103 and 104 were fun I thought. Now I just need to log some hours and I think I’ll do 105 and 106. 106 is tough. You are navigating at night and doing that in Galveston bay with all the ship channels is crazy.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like you were in the thick of it. With all that going on and you lived to tell about it, you will be a competant sailor. You had a lot coming at you on that Beneteau Oceanis 350 I saw you posted a couple of days ago. Very similar to our Bene First 35s5, but the Firsts were built for racer/cruisers where the Oceanis series is more geared for cruiser/racers lol if you catch my drift. Sounds like you learned and experienced many different aspects of sailing this past weekend. Now you are certified to charter pretty much anywhere. Now to get ASA 114. Let me know when you buy, I've been all through this era of Bene 35' boats and know what to look for. And remember, buy your second sailboat First. :winkingthumbsup"

PS... I assume from your handle that you maybe tall or big, lol. Our cabin has 6'3" of head room and can be small at times, with both of us and the dogs. You may want to start looking at 38-42' ers depending on size/type of crew. The wider beams over 12-15' have way more room.

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, I'm thinking my minimum length will be a 40'er. I will most likely keep my eye out for some boats this year but will probably not buy til next year just to see if the bubble is bursting and boat prices come down. Based on the housing trend I would say these boats will decrease in value as well. I get a free all day charter with the school I used for all my certifications, so I think me and the Mrs. will go down and do a full day charter here in the next few weeks. I can't wait!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, I'm thinking my minimum length will be a 40'er. I will most likely keep my eye out for some boats this year but will probably not buy til next year just to see if the bubble is bursting and boat prices come down. Based on the housing trend I would say these boats will decrease in value as well. I get a free all day charter with the school I used for all my certifications, so I think me and the Mrs. will go down and do a full day charter here in the next few weeks. I can't wait!
Rule of thumb when we bought ours before this shit happened for this era 90's production boat was $1000/foot. Recent values and the refit of our boat put it up at $75k. But that is the bubble talking. Though it is a completely different boat than we purchased. Man, a lot learned since the start of this thread in 2017.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, I’m 103 and 104 certified. MOB drills in a 15-20knt wind was intense. One of the students just could not pull the maneuver off from the helm and I was on Main sheet and jib sheet. My hands are raw!!! Then when I was on helm we did a jibe and the guy on port job sheet did not time the let out correctly which with the high winds caused the furling to get fouled up. We then spent almost an hour trying to unfoul the roller furling in a pretty heavy wind. As we were doing that we had an accidental anchor drop. It was an intense mess. We managed to get the jib furled and then had to deal with the main. This boat had a lazy jack which seemed to always get in the way of raising or lowering the main.
The navigation and chart work of both the 103 and 104 were fun I thought. Now I just need to log some hours and I think I’ll do 105 and 106. 106 is tough. You are navigating at night and doing that in Galveston bay with all the ship channels is crazy.
Well now with all that knowledge at the helm, you won’t have any issues deciphering this artwork. Cool to look at, but you know all this now.

6E76B39C-94BE-4469-AA8B-18C3C9003004.jpeg

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not to get overly technical, but the points of sail is missing Close Reach!;)

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not to get overly technical, but the points of sail is missing Close Reach!;)
Funny, your right, Italian Sailors...