• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Welcome back?

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well. The deal is done and we brought her home today! We've been been looking for the right boat for a little over a year+ now (not wanting to buy new). 3+ weeks ago I saw a boat listed in the classifieds and contacted the seller - the next weekend we did our sea trial and though it took an extra weekend to get all the paperwork settled - we're happy to be back!
We took ownership of a 2018 AR240, and already have a ton of plans for the summer with it. Funny how owning a boat friends just come out of... everywhere? 🤔 😂

Anyway, I'm thrilled beyond thrilled to be able to be back on the water and to share my love of all things boating with my wife and stepson!

@Stevepro172, your boat is in great hands - my wife is very happy (she came home from work and just 'wow, she's big!') and my son can't wait for our trip tomorrow to Raystown Lake. Good luck sir with your new adventures and enjoy that beach house!

Also, since the last time I was here - changed my tow rig! I have a 2019 Ford F250 with the 6.7 diesel - and let me tell you - this truck tows that boat around like a toy! Unbelievable power and stability.

I'd be remiss if I didn't thank Dana Scott for handling all the financial aspects of boat loan/registration. If you need someone, I'd HIGHLY recommend her! 5+ star service and is great to talk to!

Dana L. Scott
Vice President, Southeast Region Manager
Intercoastal Financial Group
315 Deaderick St, Suite 1550
Nashville, TN 37238
Phone 443-220-9473
Fax 772-264-3883

I think that's it, for now. I've been awake for 28ish hours and need some rest for this coming weekend!

I hope y'all have a great weekend! It's supposed to be, b-e-a-utiful!

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! She’s a beauty for sure!

The 6.7’s are awesome! I have a 20 model year and like you said it tows great. Lately been using the eco mode and am getting 18mpg empty. Towing its right at 12mpg.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! She’s a beauty for sure!

The 6.7’s are awesome! I have a 20 model year and like you said it tows great. Lately been using the eco mode and am getting 18mpg empty. Towing its right at 12mpg.
Thank you! She is definitely a beautiful boat! We went out to Raystown Lake yesterday, and I swam around the boat just noting the differences between my 08 SX230 and this one...just the white/blue combination on the water looks great!

Towing to RL I got high 12's (mpg) which I thought was pretty good - mainly because I was in the throttle most of the trip :) Still, towing at 75mph on the turnpike was a lot better than my 1500 ever did...

Oh! Before I forget - saw at least a dozen, if not more Yamahas on the lake yesterday - even saw a FSH (not sure what length). But wow, that FSH was nice, never saw one in person before!

So many thoughts this morning - my wife and stepson loved being on the Yamaha and zipping across the lake... And being on something different than a pontoon or my last boat, affectionately known as the mini Titanic...