• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are you seeing in Dealer prep costs

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BenjaminF A lot of these 2021 / 2020 boats have between 10 and 40 hours on them. That is just broken in. For a good deal they could be worth it.

Also I didn't see in your numbers above the extended warranty, which I believe is$2,500 or so for 4 years give or take, not quite sure on your model or if you purchase warranties.

Hope you find something that suits you.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BenjaminF A lot of these 2021 / 2020 boats have between 10 and 40 hours on them. That is just broken in. For a good deal they could be worth it.

Also I didn't see in your numbers above the extended warranty, which I believe is$2,500 or so for 4 years give or take, not quite sure on your model or if you purchase warranties.

Hope you find something that suits you.
There is no extended warranty included in those numbers. I forget to mention that with the 2k discount when financing with them, they are also offering ceramic coating. I don't really care but maybe I should.
I will look a lot harder in the used one for sure.
Thanks again

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got my buyers order for an AR250 in Texas
79545.40 OTD with a 2k discount if I finance with them. :eek:
MSRP 65999
Freight 4100
Make Ready 2900
Final Dealer Prep 995
Trailer in Galva 1400
Cover 960
Discount if financing with them -2000
Doc 175
Title 230
Taxes in Texas 4786
What do you think?
Can you let me know your dealer? I have a deposit currently and now im nervous

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just got my buyers order for an AR250 in Texas
79545.40 OTD with a 2k discount if I finance with them. :eek:
MSRP 65999
Freight 4100
Make Ready 2900
Final Dealer Prep 995
Trailer in Galva 1400
Cover 960
Discount if financing with them -2000
Doc 175
Title 230
Taxes in Texas 4786
What do you think?
absolute crooks. freight is easily 3x what normal is. final prep? prices include trailer so not sure why they charging 1400. The difference between galvanized and painted isnt 1400.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
$0 bought mine lightly used with 50 hours :) Good luck to all those getting new boats

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
$0 bought mine lightly used with 50 hours :) Good luck to all those getting new boats
That's what I say, I will never buy a new boat as long as I live. Just isn't worth it if you can find a used low hour boat that has been taken care of

Feeder Driver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other
2022 AR250 $2950.00 destination charge $1595 Dealer prep

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just a heads up, if anybody is looking for a like new 2020 sx210 @Beachcampin has one for a hell of a deal. 40K

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

kbell413

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
101k OTD for the 255XE I have coming. That is including mooring cover in. Irwin Marine in Laconia, NH. No sales tax in NH so that's saving a few thousand depending upon where you live. Seems like they are being fair on all the dealer prep/freight costs especially compared to some of the comments I've seen on this thread.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
101k OTD for the 255XE I have coming. That is including mooring cover in. Irwin Marine in Laconia, NH. No sales tax in NH so that's saving a few thousand depending upon where you live. Seems like they are being fair on all the dealer prep/freight costs especially compared to some of the comments I've seen on this thread.
That seems like good price OTD.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those struggling with high fees, you can find better deals. I was able to secure one in Oklahoma. 4.5k less than the one near by.
And its an apple to apple comparison. In fact I'm paying more than 6k less because I'm not having a galvanized trailer. Downside of having a stock boat I guess but definitely worth the 7h trip. And cherry on the cake, it is available right now in the color I wanted. Going to pick it up next week.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Charging crazy prep fees is nothing more than dealers taking advantage of the people. This is a way for dealers to get more money from a customer, otherwise every prep charge would be the same for every dealer. For 3k in prep the boat should be flawless.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Charging crazy prep fees is nothing more than dealers taking advantage of the people. This is a way for dealers to get more money from a customer, otherwise every prep charge would be the same for every dealer. For 3k in prep the boat should be flawless.
totally agree. I talked to the dealer in Coeur d'Alene and was told, "every boat we get is a mess when it arrives and has to be sent out to have the gel coat redone" and "Yamaha rarely reimburses them for it". Was also told that "they have to pay to store the boats as no one wants to pick up their boat in the winter..."

So, basically, what they are saying is that my brand new, never used boat will be damaged in transit and my brand new boat will have to be sent out to get fixed and (get this), before I even take delivery of it, I have to pay to have it repaired. Can you even get your mind around that. LOL

Cbullard3895

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Here's what I've got in NC for a 2022 212se:
MSRP: $64,899
Freight/Prep/fees: $2,100
Tax: $1,620
OTD: $69,014

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Here's what I've got in NC for a 2022 212se:
MSRP: $64,899
Freight/Prep/fees: $2,100
Tax: $1,620
OTD: $69,014
NC dealers know what's up. Very reasonable fees. Is that Chatlee?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Don’t you love when they charge all these prep fees and the new boat owners find tons of problems wrong with it in the first month that the dealer didn’t find on their “prep”?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
totally agree. I talked to the dealer in Coeur d'Alene and was told, "every boat we get is a mess when it arrives and has to be sent out to have the gel coat redone" and "Yamaha rarely reimburses them for it". Was also told that "they have to pay to store the boats as no one wants to pick up their boat in the winter..."

So, basically, what they are saying is that my brand new, never used boat will be damaged in transit and my brand new boat will have to be sent out to get fixed and (get this), before I even take delivery of it, I have to pay to have it repaired. Can you even get your mind around that. LOL
I can get my mind around, after this experience last year: stopped by the Ford dealership last fall to get a look at the newly redesigned F150, their website said they had just received a hybrid Platinum Powerboost (MSRP >$75K). When I got there to take a look at it, the salesman tells me it's down the street at the body shop for an estimate because it showed up with a big scratch on it. While we're there talking, sure enough the tech comes driving back up in it and it's got a ~4 in scratch on it that was in need of repair. It doesn't matter what it is...furniture, vehicles, boats, appliances, and on and on...nothing's immune to a little damage in transit. The important thing is that it's made right before the new owner takes possession.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length