• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are you seeing in Dealer prep costs

MGR Motorsports

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Wow, that's awesome. Sounds like they are playing the long game. That is over $6000 cheaper than Specialty Recreation in Cour D Alene, ID.
Thanks for sharing.
A stand up quality family dealership that isn't around to rip off customers during covid surge. Last week he had 2022 25ft boats in stock and ready for sale actually too.

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Just got quoted $2650 freight and prep in Phoenix (Complete Marine) on a 22 252 FSH.

JoeMitchem

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
My dealer is charging $2195 freight & prep and a $200 documentation fee. This is for a 255xd so there is quite a bit of rigging that they have to do prior to delivery.

All things considered I dont think these are out of line.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My dealer is charging $2195 freight & prep and a $200 documentation fee. This is for a 255xd so there is quite a bit of rigging that they have to do prior to delivery.

That is a fair price. The dealer I was going to buy from iust sent me a note saying they would come down to $4500 for dealer prep plus $1950 for freight. So, compare you $2195 for prep and freight to what Specialty Recreation & Marine in Cour D'Alene, ID is looking to charge me at $6450 for a 252SE. It's just price gouging pure and simple. I'd prefer then call it what it is, which is additional dealer mark up or ADM.

"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"

I am sure they will find a buyer, but it is not going to be me.Meanwhile, I am going to check out a new Crownline 265SS Surf. Not a jet drive but looks pretty awesome. It is significantly more than the 252SE but sure looks nice.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Agreed, that seems reasonable.

That is a fair price. The dealer I was going to buy from iust sent me a note saying they would come down to $4500 for dealer prep plus $1950 for freight. So, compare you $2195 for prep and freight to what Specialty Recreation & Marine in Cour D'Alene, ID is looking to charge me at $6450 for a 252SE. It's just price gouging pure and simple. I'd prefer then call it what it is, which is additional dealer mark up or ADM.

"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"

I am sure they will find a buyer, but it is not going to be me.Meanwhile, I am going to check out a new Crownline 265SS Surf. Not a jet drive but looks pretty awesome. It is significantly more than the 252SE but sure looks nice.
You're right, $6450 is still absurd. Out of curiosity, if you're considering the Crowline have you also considered the Chaparral 26 Surf? A member here (not sure if they're very active here anymore) sold their '17 242X last year for Chappy 26 Surf.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

very reasonable....just make sure they do their job and catch all the issues.

JoeMitchem

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
very reasonable....just make sure they do their job and catch all the issues.
Absolutely. This will be the 3rd Yamaha that I have purchased from them. We have a little bit of a love/hate relationship. I'm a little OCD and they know it. They usually check everything over very well for me. Easier for them to do it the first time then to have me complain about stuff that they overlooked.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Agreed, that seems reasonable.

You're right, $6450 is still absurd. Out of curiosity, if you're considering the Crowline have you also considered the Chaparral 26 Surf? A member here (not sure if they're very active here anymore) sold their '17 242X last year for Chappy 26 Surf.
thank you for the tip. I'll check it out.

Rjnardi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$2000 here in south Jersey prep and freight sx190

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got my buyers order for an AR250 in Texas
79545.40 OTD with a 2k discount if I finance with them. :eek:
MSRP 65999
Freight 4100
Make Ready 2900
Final Dealer Prep 995
Trailer in Galva 1400
Cover 960
Discount if financing with them -2000
Doc 175
Title 230
Taxes in Texas 4786
What do you think?
Ouch! I’d go somewhere else!

buckley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
AR210: $56,574 OTD with tax.

Freight: $999
Prep: $699
Doc Fee: $199

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I think some of the increased dealer fees are to make up for the limited availability of boats. Empty showrooms make it difficult to pay the bills. If they don’t have anything to sell, the happiness of last year’s boom, soon goes away. It’s the same reason new trucks are $6,000 over sticker. It’s not all about sticking it to the consumer, as much as it is keeping the lights on, and the doors open. Also, the inflation of production materials cost does not seem to be slowing down. I’m in the sales department of a large building products manufacturing company. Every week we get higher and higher invoices from material suppliers. Aluminum, polymers, tempered glass, etc are skyrocketing in price. The massive inflation rates of just about everything, does not seem to be going away. I’m surprised we didn’t see a 25% increase in boat prices. Yamaha seems to be absorbing some of the increased costs, in order to prevent a screeching halt on boat sales.

Sebrown1014

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
AR 195: $47,636 OTD with tax (Texas-6.25%) and $1000 discount for having 2021 order cancelled

Freight: $1800
Prep: $598
Doc/Misc Fees: $604

When I compared this to my previous order, the only change in fees was that the freight increased by $100.

Benztech1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi,

First post. We have ordered a 2022 252SE. The deal jacket is showing a $5500 dealer prep fee. I am totally balking at that along with the huge increase in price. We've put our deposit down, but not thrilled about that prep fee. What are others paying out there for dealer prep for 2022 25' models?

Thank you for your responses.
Hi,

First post. We have ordered a 2022 252SE. The deal jacket is showing a $5500 dealer prep fee. I am totally balking at that along with the huge increase in price. We've put our deposit down, but not thrilled about that prep fee. What are others paying out there for dealer prep for 2022 25' models?

Thank you for your responses.
I bought a 2021 195FSH sport at K&M Cycles in Flrodia in May 2021. They charged list price , $495. Freight and $199 dealer paperwork fee, tax and tags.

DocksB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AR210: $56,574 OTD with tax.

Freight: $999
Prep: $699
Doc Fee: $199
that’s not bad at all. Where was this? … and also, you got your AR210? Pics please 📷

buckley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
that’s not bad at all. Where was this? … and also, you got your AR210? Pics please 📷
Wonderland Marine near Ann Arbor.

We put a deposit down on an SX210 and asked the salesman to flip to the AR210 yesterday. He just called back to say the SX is in and we can come get it now if we want vs waiting. Chose to flip back to the SX.

Freight and dealer prep stayed the same, OTD at $53,582.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As the starter of this thread, I am happy to report that the dealer in Lewiston ID just gave us a quote for an on order 252SE and the shipping + freight is $1695 total. That is a difference of almost $6000 from the other place in ID. We are putting our deposit down tonight.

Thanks all for crowd sourcing what I should be paying in fees. It helped me walk away from a bad deal and find a good one. Best to all.

sillysocks34

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
$2450 for freight and prep on a 252SD in Maryland. Plus 5% boat tax and about $600 in registration and office fees.