• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I started it since it’s been sitting for a month or so. Yup still starts :p

BDOne

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could you have installed this valve in the engine compartment for easier access? Seems like it would be very hard to reach where it is now.
Where I have them installed, I can actually reach them though the access panel between the clean-out plugs. If you put them in the engine bay you have to locate them before the flush line T's in behind each engine. There isn't a lot of room there either. To me it made more sense to put them back by the mufflers.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Could you have installed this valve in the engine compartment for easier access? Seems like it would be very hard to reach where it is now.
It's the easiest place to install. The point of access is thru the storage locker port hole cover. Really not hard to get to. Most place it in this location.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some do put the in the engine compartment.

That being said the cleanout tray has an access port to allow you to reach down into the bilge. If you’re being towed you’re going to be on the stern hooking up lines anyways so it’s just easier to remember I would think having it all in the bilge or stern area. Ultimately it’s up to you where you want to put it.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got my trailer registered in Hawaii. Now I'm legal to tow the boat to the harbor to get it registered. Hoping to get it in the water in the next week or so.

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rascalrider - Love the design - where did you get the metal for the rafters? I’m considering doing the exact same thing but building by hand with wood stick built roof. Metal seems easier and possibly cheaper? Thoughts?
Well I’m not sure what it would have cost to do the metal work with wood instead. I do know the guy got all the material for less than $400 not including roofing and posts. He picked up the metal in Dallas somewhere.

penziol

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd put about 20 mice traps around that bad boy to keep them from messing things up during the winter.

BDOne

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do you put your boat trailer on blocks off the ground?
Unfortunately I can't. It's my brother-in-law's barn, and he may need to move it out of the way at some point. Though getting moved around occasionally may achieve nearly the same result.

I'd put about 20 mice traps around that bad boy to keep them from messing things up during the winter.
My nephew told me they haven't had trouble with mice on the pontoon boat that has been stored in that barn for the past 10 winters. Hopefully they don't like jet boats any more than pontoon boats!

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I cut up Irish Spring bars of soap and put throughout the boat and that is supposed to keep the mice away.

BDOne

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cut up Irish Spring bars of soap and put throughout the boat and that is supposed to keep the mice away.
Actually, my wife had heard that, so she went out and bought the soap (and left it to me to dice and deploy). I figured what could it hurt? So it's in the boat. Hopefully it doesn't backfire on us! :nailbiting:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The green and red nav light lenses broke. My light is the flip kind. $100 is a lot. Wrong time of the year to be spending lots on the boat.
Turns out I was able to swapped the lights as they were identical. I lucked out and added $70 to the checkbook. :greedy:🤫:winkingthumbsup"
This sounds suspiciously like the kind of math my wife uses when she's out shopping 😜

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After several years of this boat (2008 SX230 purchased NEW in 2011, so really only 8 summers of apparently little use) I winterized today, after having the boat out ONCE in 2019. Average summer usage? 23.5 hours. Grand total of 188 hours on the MR1s. I asked my guy if that was alot and he laughed and said the engines will outlive the life of the boat. I guess I will check back in 5 years and see where we are at. Damn those 27 footers looked nice on the lot, but I am not paying 100K plus for a Yamaha jet boat.
20191206_122241.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yesterday I left work early to pick up the cockpit seadek kit I purchased from jet boat pilot on Black Friday. The only surprise was that ups charged me $3 to hold the package at its location instead of leaving it on my porch for as potential porch pirate bait.
945F6258-7C85-4EC4-8BC1-1DE051840D5D.jpeg

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie I would love to see a hidden camera of porch pirates opening your box of seadek and trying to figure out what it is. I have a feeling there would be a lot of "WTFs" and "What do you do with these big foam stickers?" :)

You will enjoy the seadek, just take the time to prep it correctly to ensure the adhesive last for years to come. Don't rush it.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only surprise was that ups charged me $3 to hold the package at its location instead of leaving it on my porch for as potential porch pirate bait.
I wonder if they'd have charged you if you required a signature (3 failed delivery attempts, and they force you to come pick it up)