• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what cleaner did you use? That really looks good!
I've used Simple Green on mine with no ill effects. I dilute at a 10:1 ratio (10 oz water, 1 oz Simple Green). SeaDek makes a cleaner for the stuff too, but it's not as easy to obtain if you run out in the middle of a project, while I can walk into any hardware store or Walmart/Target and pick up a bottle of Simple Green.

Here's SeaDek's suggestions: https://www.seadek.com/media/wysiwyg/Home-Three-Banner/4-019_-_How_to_Clean_SeaDek.pdf

Last edited:

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I replaced a bad spark plug and ignition coil, thankfully before the plug broke apart sending shrapnel down the cylinder. The last time I had the boat out I noticed that the rpms on one of the engines was surging a little and maxed out at around 6k. I had the same problem at the end of last season so it wasn’t hard for me to figure out what the problem and solution were. I will be replacing all the coils along with the plugs during the next off season. At $110 each it won’t be cheap but mine have been in service for 10 years, and when they go bad IT SUCKS! I know from two experiences now.

I also replaced the flexible handle on the swim deck.

View attachment 127213View attachment 127214View attachment 127215View attachment 127216View attachment 127217
Where did you order the handle? I need one also as mine is getting worn out. Replacement looks a little different? Thanks

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@NewBoater , I ordered mine from yamahasportsplaza.com out of Seattle. They cost about $15 plus shipping each. However, I’ve seen them being sold recently at bass pro shop for About $15 for a pair of them.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@NewBoater , I ordered mine from yamahasportsplaza.com out of Seattle. They cost about $15 plus shipping each. However, I’ve seen them being sold recently at bass pro shop for About $15 for a pair of them.
Thanks!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
This isnt all today. Past 2 seasons, but some things i have done to my 232 limited.....custom painted awlgrip hull, pulled windshield, had glass lightly tinted, mediablasted and powdercoated the frame in matte black, seadek from jbp, pulled pumps and transom plates, blasted and epoxy coated in black to protect from corrosion. Had some really super nice canvas covers and bimini top made for it to match the hull color. Guy did a super nice job. Had some custom led perimeter interior lighting fabricated and installed, keelguard and new radio, speakers and remote. That all i can think of off the top of my head.

Outnumbered212S

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
making me want to paint mine black..
I used etching primer ( the guy said it would etch down in the steel and hold better? ) then another coat of black flat primer / paint. I painted all the brackets and top of the bolts as well. Unfortunately the plastic PVC is all scratched up from shipping the box was falling apart. But I plan on replacing the PVC here soon with those slicksticks anyway.

The Primer I bought from Home Depot :
020066188658 SELFETCHPR <A> 5.28​
AUTO PRIMER SELF ETCHING​
020066387679 2X FLTBLK <A>​
PAINTERS TOUCH 2X FLAT BLACK​
2@3.98 7.96​

I also order 3 The Mercury Surface Mount Transom or Deck Light - blue × 3 from BoatPlugLight.com I should get those this weekend.​

Outnumbered212S

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Last weekend I installed the OPT7 on the back seat rest and the seat I lost. (Monday my seadek is in)
Tonight I installed THE MERCURY SURFACE MOUNT TRANSOM OR DECK LIGHT from boatpluglight.com. My plan B I put them all in the middle. Couldn’t figure out on to put them on each side. Can’t wait to test them tomorrow night.

Attachments

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Seriously?!? Because it would make too much sense to use the actual state abbreviation?
Its all about postal codes for the USPS. Next time around Michigan needs to join the US faster! lol

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know the real reason, but I know THAT isn't it. Wisconsin is similar, ours is WS, and not WI. I'm guessing it has something to do with legibility for law enforcement on the water

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finished adding two longer screws to the stereo speakers I installed last weekend, and made/finished my second SeaDek piece. This was the true "test piece", and after completing it, I'm convinced I can do the rest of the boat, so I'll be buying some sheet material and finishing off the rest of the boat, little by little.

This was putzy, but not difficult. The majority of the rest of the boat will be larger pieces with much easier cuts than this.

IMG_20200821_194720550.jpg

IMG_20200821_194703975.jpg

Last edited: