• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What to do about gas? Not boating for six weeks.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I will be away from boating until October. What should I do with gas? Run it till it’s empty or fill it up like I do when winterizing? Other? Thanks!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Fill the tank and put in 1 oz Stabil marine 360 per 10 gallons.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
6 weeks? I wouldn't even do a single thing lol.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Seriously... I would fill the tank. 1/2 tank leaves to much room for condensation.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We’ll, maybe the safest thing is to fill it up and add stabil. Seems to cover all the recommendations. Ha! (Double Hernia surgery soon. Hoping six weeks recovery is all I’ll need. Screwed the first one up by exerting too much pressure. Wife doesn’t want me using the winch too soon.)

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have gone months before, I just always try to keep a full tank. I think the longest was close to three months in 2020 when I blew my supercharger on my SeaDoo Speedster. It sat at the dealer with whatever gas I had when I went out prior to it failing. Had to wait months for a new one due to COVID. It was a 2007 and it started right up there was no fuel problems when I got it back.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed, doing anything us more than enough for 6 weeks,lol

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We’ll, maybe the safest thing is to fill it up and add stabil. Seems to cover all the recommendations. Ha! (Double Hernia surgery soon. Hoping six weeks recovery is all I’ll need. Screwed the first one up by exerting too much pressure. Wife doesn’t want me using the winch too soon.)
Ouch! I‘ve had that and the surgery to fix it… I think the doc had restrictions on me for three weeks…. Did they use the Vag mesh on you? Or did they stitch up the paranieum (sp?) ?

I think a lot of the athlete’s get released in a week…

Maybe your wife can run the winch for you?

As far as the gas goes… are you going out again? Is it ethanol fuel? If you are going out again, just add your Stabil, Amsoil, Star Tron or whatever and fill the tank, then go run it a bit. If not, I’m kinda with the others here about not doing anything… I guess you could add the Stabil and fill the tank up which would be prudent.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ouch! I‘ve had that and the surgery to fix it… I think the doc had restrictions on me for three weeks…. Did they use the Vag mesh on you? Or did they stitch up the paranieum (sp?) ?

I think a lot of the athlete’s get released in a week…

Maybe your wife can run the winch for you?
The one I screwed up was old school cut. Horrible recovery and my wife dealt with that back then. That one now has reappeared (25 years later) along with another one. These will be done by scope. Thinking a quick recovery but wife does not. Ha! She’s saying no boat for six weeks. And, no she won’t touch the winch. She doesn’t want to deal with the boat in any way ever since she put a gash in our old boat. 😬

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Star Tron is WAY more effective than Stabil Marine.

Also, you can use Star Tron Diesel instead of Star Tron Gasoline. Both are the exact same ingredients... except Diesel is 2× higher concentration. So use half as much.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Fill it up quick and add stabil before gas prices go back up again lol

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The one I screwed up was old school cut. Horrible recovery and my wife dealt with that back then. That one now has reappeared (25 years later) along with another one. These will be done by scope. Thinking a quick recovery but wife does not. Ha! She’s saying no boat for six weeks. And, no she won’t touch the winch. She doesn’t want to deal with the boat in any way ever since she put a gash in our old boat. 😬
You are going to be pleasantly surprised by the new hernia repair compared with the old one. I had my surgery on a Friday and was back at work Monday, I had a desk job at that point of my career. Hell, I climbed up into my attic the day after my surgery to fix my heater. My doc told me to get up every 20 mins and walk around the house for 10 mins starting the day after. On the Sunday after my surgery I went for a two mile walk.

The biggest thing for me to get over was the anesthesia…. I could feel that for weeks. And I only took pain pills the day afterwards and on the Saturday after, none after that.

You are going to get over this way quicker than you think.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You are going to be pleasantly surprised by the new hernia repair compared with the old one. I had my surgery on a Friday and was back at work Monday, I had a desk job at that point of my career. Hell, I climbed up into my attic the day after my surgery to fix my heater. My doc told me to get up every 20 mins and walk around the house for 10 mins starting the day after. On the Sunday after my surgery I went for a two mile walk.

The biggest thing for me to get over was the anesthesia…. I could feel that for weeks. And I only took pain pills the day afterwards and on the Saturday after, none after that.

You are going to get over this way quicker than you think.
That’s what I think too. I don’t ginger around. Been going full force with two hernias. Thinking surgery will only make things stronger. Six weeks without boating?! But thought I should take care of the gas situation just in case.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That’s what I think too. I don’t ginger around. Been going full force with two hernias. Thinking surgery will only make things stronger. Six weeks without boating?! But thought I should take care of the gas situation just in case.
Aside from things like winching the boat on to the trailer, flying around on a tube, or wakeboarding, I don't see why you can't go boating if you take it easy.

As for the gas...don't waste your money if you have a fuel injected system - it won't go bad for months.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cool. I have a half tank in there now. So just put proper amount of Stabil in and I’ll be good? Thanks!
@captras was right. Manufacturers always recommend filling the tank to prevent condensation from the air in the unfilled tank space. This is especially important if you're using gas station gas instead of recreation fuel because the ethanol draws moisture too. Marine grade Stabil will help.