• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

Thegreatfloundini

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm on a Bourbon kick right now. I try to get something different every time I go to the package store. My favorites so far are: Basil Hayden's, Woodford Reserve, Redemption, Mitchter's, and Elijah Craig. The one that really disappointed was Russell's 10 year reserve. Small batch by Jimmy Russell who is a master distiller for wild turkey. I hated it. I normally drink with one big ice cube, but for the bad stuff I usually just make an old fashioned with it.

What's in your glass??
Try High West double rye. Very smooth

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just tried Black Saddle 12 year aged. Pretty tasty!

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can't complain with the High West as that is probably my favor, but as a less expensive, good tasting especially with a Key West Cigar and my go too is Woodford Reserve

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know this thread is mostly about Bourbon however I am mostly a Rum drinker. So I ran across Richland Rum when we were camping in GA. It is actually made in two locations one of them being Brunswick Ga and the other is Richland Ga where it was first made. It is a single estate rum and in my opinion as I sit here sipping it over ice is worth the price. For me it is very smooth almost like a fine bourbon. Anyway I am curious if anyone else has run across it and if so how did you like it? [flag]

IMG_0076.JPG

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know this thread is mostly about Bourbon however I am mostly a Rum drinker. So I ran across Richland Rum when we were camping in GA. It is actually made in two locations one of them being Brunswick Ga and the other is Richland Ga where it was first made. It is a single estate rum and in my opinion as I sit here sipping it over ice is worth the price. For me it is very smooth almost like a fine bourbon. Anyway I am curious if anyone else has run across it and if so how did you like it? [flag]

View attachment 91573
That sounds pretty good. How much was that bottle you have pictured?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Friends were up for vacation with us, and he recommended Door County Distillery's bourbon. It WAS quite good, but I bought a 375ml of that, and the one pictured - as you can see, the single malt was the winner of the two. 104090

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Colonel Taylor when I can find it. Noah’s Mill is more complex but I like Taylor better.

Also digging Bulleit 12 year rye whiskey

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I prefer the Irish. My go to is Jameson. I have tried many others, but keep coming back to Jameson. It's all about personal preference.

A non Irish pleasure if mine is Dancing Pines Black Walnut whiskey. Distilled locally and is a nice treat when I am in the mood for something different.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I prefer the Irish. My go to is Jameson. I have tried many others, but keep coming back to Jameson. It's all about personal preference.

A non Irish pleasure if mine is Dancing Pines Black Walnut whiskey. Distilled locally and is a nice treat when I am in the mood for something different.
If you like the Irish, I can wholeheartedly recommend Redbreast 12 year old. It's really gone up in price, but I will still buy it for special occasions.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you like the Irish, I can wholeheartedly recommend Redbreast 12 year old. It's really gone up in price, but I will still buy it for special occasions.
@drewkaree I agree about Redbreast 12 YO. It is mighty tasty. Yes price ends up being part of the decision while standing in the isle drooling at all of the heavenly goodness staring back at me...... One can say the same about Jameson now too.... :rolleyes: Around here Jameson has slowly creeped up about $10/bottle in the last couple years. It seems that now that they are advertising on about every channel on TV the price has gone up to cover their costs.....

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Colonel Taylor when I can find it. Noah’s Mill is more complex but I like Taylor better.

Also digging Bulleit 12 year rye whiskey
Lol I got you hooked on both Taylor and Noah’s Mill! I love them both when we can find them..
Have to run for Kentucky or Indiana usually.. Basil Hayden is my go to regular drink though.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
jack d is the go to. Bulleit rye whiskey is so tasty. Headed to the bourbon trail with my wife in early November.

BigJ

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pappy Van Winkles!!! 20 year.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's a phrase that comes to mind - the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

I'll take one if someone is buying, but that'll never be me, at that price point.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm back on a Basil Hayden's kick. I love Basil Hayden's, not the rye though.