• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yesterday was the Penny’s Proof release at Sagamore Spirits. The Penny’s Proof is an annual release of the MD sourced and made bourbon. The 3 pack of 200 ml bottles is one penny. You pretty much need to get in line at 5 AM and wait until at least 8 AM to buy, and it is limited to about 400 sets. (Not for everyone, but still easier than getting Taylor Swift tickets!)

It was also release day for the BIB, so got some of them and the Double Oak that they recommend for an Old Fashioned. Picked up a nice sized bar mat and some shirts too.
IMG_2215.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last trip to Costco, for those who may want to dip their toes into a little Scotch, here's a pretty reasonably priced sampler. True, it's all Kirkland, but I have yet to have a Kirkland branded liquor that disappointed me. I suspect it'll be the same for this. These should be enough to point you to the regions you may like, and what you find to be swill, only worthy of cleaning rust off any metal around the house. There's one other region, but I haven't heard or seen it commonly referred to, so I think unless you're a SUPER big fan, or come from the area, you simply blend that region into the other surrounding regions. I'm not a fan of Islay in the least, BIG fan of Speyside, Highlands would be my second favorite region. I can't say that I have an opinion one way or the other on Lowlands, as the only one I've ever tried from that region is Auchentoshen, but that was good enough to purchase a replacement bottle for when the first is finished. so I'd slot it 3rd on the list, with a willingness to try more.

If it's in your local Costco, to me, it seems a pretty reasonable price to get a base to start from, and see the differences between such a small distance, and what methods/styles contribute to the final product.

IMG_20240131_173652194_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240131_173646636_HDR.jpg

gmac03

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excited for this one, Rye with a touch of maple. Had it once before, very good, happy I was able to snag a bottle. 🤙

Attachments

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I am new to this thread, didn't see it till now. Not going to lie I did not read all 23 pages so if I duplicate I apologize. I found J.T.S. Brown's Bottled in Bond 100 while on a work trip. Cheap and good. If I don't get the chance to finish while away on work, I just leave it behind for the cleaning staff. But its smooth and drinks like a much more expensive bottle. No more then $15-$20 I know, I know... I can feel the laughter, but give it a try.... you wont be completely disappointed.
323192-big.jpg

gmac03

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I am new to this thread, didn't see it till now. Not going to lie I did not read all 23 pages so if I duplicate I apologize. I found J.T.S. Brown's Bottled in Bond 100 while on a work trip. Cheap and good. If I don't get the chance to finish while away on work, I just leave it behind for the cleaning staff. But its smooth and drinks like a much more expensive bottle. No more then $15-$20 I know, I know... I can feel the laughter, but give it a try.... you wont be completely disappointed.
View attachment 214533
I feel I may be disappointed but then again for $15, who knows. Never need much prodding to try bourbon. 🤙

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel I may be disappointed but then again for $15, who knows. Never need much prodding to try bourbon. 🤙
I did say....completely disappointed, LOL
Its actually a lot better than the price indicates. If you find it, you wont mind throwing away an Andrew Jackson.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This might just be the Wisconsin in me talking, but for that price, if you can't take it straight, it'll be redeemed by turning it into a Bourbon Slush.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This might just be the Wisconsin in me talking, but for that price, if you can't take it straight, it'll be redeemed by turning it into a Bourbon Slush.
I swear its no where near as bad at the price makes it sound. You will enjoy... or at least not hate it....lol

gmac03

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bookers. Love the stuff. Hate that they jacked the price, but I still buy it from time to time as a special treat.
Snagged a little book ch6 and have a ch7 on the way. 🤙

Yama1990

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
LONG SHOT here, but anyone come across any Weller Single Barrel in their travels or have a bottle for trade? very tough up her in the New England region to find as well elsewhere id imagine

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found and purchased at my local Sam's Club, but I haven't tried it yet. I've heard good things, and also that I overpaid on that by $3. Local grocery store had/has it for less, but I don't typically shop at that store as it's really nowhere near me conveniently, and their prices on everything else aren't worth the travel

IMG_20240309_172019136_HDR.jpg

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found and purchased at my local Sam's Club, but I haven't tried it yet. I've heard good things, and also that I overpaid on that by $3. Local grocery store had/has it for less, but I don't typically shop at that store as it's really nowhere near me conveniently, and their prices on everything else aren't worth the travel

View attachment 216206
keeps us posted on what you think!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Recently discovered and tried Penelope. Both the barrel strength and toasted are worth a try.