• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which GPS/FishFinder to buy?

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2016 Yamaha 242 LS, not sure which one would be the best option for a charplotter/GPS/Fishfinder that could fit into my console/dash... any recommendations?

Thank you very much and Happy 2022!

2016 Yamaha 242 LS, not sure which one would be the best option for a charplotter/GPS/Fishfinder that could fit into my console/dash... any recommendations?

Thank you very much and Happy 2022!

That depends on how much room you have IN your dash… most folks that I have seen with a boat like yours opt for a RAM of some sort of mount ON the dash.

While all of the brands use the same technology, the GUI is a little different between the brands. I have a Solix 10” on my FSH on a RAM mount and I really like it. Others here like Simrad, Garmin, Lowarance, etc.. and use them with great success.

i just got a solix 10, I'm convinced it doesn't work cause I haven't seen the first damn fish on it. ? mount it. or go with a small garmin. search on here some guys have done some in dash flush mount that looks nice.

I’m watching this as I have a ‘20 ar240 and want to put an axiom 9 or garmin 93sv in the dash. Not sure if either will fit. I’ve been reading anything I can find. I’ve seen a few that have put the 7” ones in the dash but I haven’t seen any 9”.

Although I put a 9" in on a RAM Mount, the 9" is great on the eyes after being out in the sun all day.

I understand your situation. I did a lot of reading/research before I pulled the trigger. There are a lot of choices and I was struggling so I worked with a local well respected shop Limit Out Performance Marine. They helped me all the way through the process from selection of the unit, the LakeVu card, where to mount it, the mount, and installation. They were very helpful and I am extremely pleased.

I have an AR250 and recently went with the Garmin Echomap 94sv, US LakeVu Ultra West G3 Card LVUS107F, and the Ram 109V mount. I have included a picture of the installation.
I hope this helps.

Resized_20211122_103528(1).jpg

Last edited:
Can you see these with sunglasses on in full sun? I'd mainly be interested in it for maps around the coast, so want to be sure I could see it in normal use.

Yes. I always where my sunglasses on the water. For reference mine are Costa Jose 580g Green. Here is a picture of them for tinting reference. Haven't tried other lenses.

TBH, I use it as a ChartPlotter more than a fish finder. Especially when doing watersports on larger water. Makes it so much easier than on my old phone. Wish Yamaha's where fully Nema compatible for all the other things on it.

I understand your situation. I did a lot of reading/research before I pulled the trigger. There are a lot of choices and I was struggling so I worked with a local well respected shop Limit Out Performance Marine. They helped me all the way through the process from selection of the unit, the LakeVu card, where to mount it, the mount, and installation. They were very helpful and I am extremely pleased.

I have an AR250 and recently went with the Garmin Echomap 94sv, US LakeVu Ultra West G3 Card LVUS107F, and the Ram 109V mount. I have included a picture of the installation.
I hope this helps.

View attachment 169384
That looks amazing... thanks for sharing

Can you see these with sunglasses on in full sun? I'd mainly be interested in it for maps around the coast, so want to be sure I could see it in normal use.

I will second @HangOutdoors reply that you can see, the Solix in my case, these displays in direct sun with various sun glasses on. I’ve the Amazon cheapies polarized safety glasses (lenses made by luxotica) and now Costa Blackfin Pro’s with the green high contrast 580Gglass lenses.

I’m watching this as I have a ‘20 ar240 and want to put an axiom 9 or garmin 93sv in the dash. Not sure if either will fit. I’ve been reading anything I can find. I’ve seen a few that have put the 7” ones in the dash but I haven’t seen any 9”.

I have a 19 AR 240 and was going to put my 93 SV in the dash but it was difficult to see when standing at the wheel. I opted for a ram mount where the phone holder was mounted.Can swivel it up and down and and see from any angles.

DBEAE468-05F2-4090-89D1-7BE59332DFB5 (1).jpeg

Back