• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Our first day out will be this Friday. It will also be our first time out on our new home lake, Lake Lanier (GA). Current forecast mostly sunny and 71.
Looks like a beautiful lake....enjoy

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to give you an idea of how cold it was in Minnesota this past Friday. I opened up the back of the boat to dig out my inflator. I wanted to drag some ski tubes behind the snowmobile.

I leaned on one of the swimdeck seats and literally heard the vinyl crack!! I can't believe that crap. I've had this boat forever with near perfect vinyl from bow to stern, and I go and do something stupid like that. I'm really sick to my stomach as I look down at that 1-2" crack. I'm tired of cold. Good thing it was nearly 30 Saturday and Sunday. It helped me forget about it.
It's the only thing I can do for you. I know the feeling, buddy cracked the dash on my mom's '70 Firebird in a similar fashion many moons ago. Screw winter!

Biff.jpg

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
go boating in baby boat or work on real boat... I can boat every day so I try to work on the AR210 MR-1 Conversion rather than boat in the seadoo... at least till hump day then the peer pressure is almost too much..

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Looks like a beautiful lake....enjoy
Agreed. Very large. We will have to change our routine as there are no docks as part of the ramp. There are courtesy docks. You launch and drive to the courtesy dock around 50-100 feet away to pick up the driver o oc the tow vehicle etc.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, we got our warmest day yet of 2022. I think it was 35 and sunny. Supposed to hit 40 today before cooling down again. With daylight savings time, I could not sit inside once 5pm rolled around.

I loaded up my auger and gear, packed a few beers and headed out on the bay. Amazing weather! No fish, but amazing beer drinking weather! tunes jamming, lines wet, beer cold. Mondays!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was last weekend...
1647400166839.jpeg

Today was much better, felt like the first day of spring, and the coming weekend could be very good!

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's still acting like winter.
20220412_183752_1.gif
That's alright, we're desperate for every inch of snow in the mountains we can get to fill the lakes/reservoirs, but I'm ready to do boat things.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We are suppose to be unseasonably warm today here in southern Delaware. Forecast is for 84 degrees! :eek:

At least we will find out if the new HVAC systems cool like they are suppose to.

Jim

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya, the largest snowstorm of possibly a decade started yesterday in ND. Some areas may see as much as 40" of snow. That's not much for Lake Tahoe, but that's life changing for rural ND. Especially in mid April.

This will replenish the areas with drought, and it will cause record flooding in others. I think those in the Red River Valley between MN/ND are counting their blessings that this will drop to the North and West of that valley. They don't need another record flood.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yesterday...

20220419_065605.jpg

Today, not much better and cold temps thru the weekend.

20220420_080408.jpg

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have a mixed forecast for the entire next week. A high of 59 for Saturday with rain. But potential 4" of snow through Wednesday.

My hope is the precipitation may come as rain and melt the snow, and possibly the 2ft of ice still on the lake!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still been flying way more than any of my other obsessions. Heres my latest flying video.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I spent the past week getting dock in, lift in and adjusting all. it was time to put the boat in when i realized I had a new Keel Guard on the shelf that still needed to be installed.

These things really like 60 degrees or better for the glue to set, so I needed it to warm up. I got that chance tonight. I used the winch on the front of my Polaris General this time, rather than the trailer winch. I have a wireless remote allowing me to winch while I monitored it.

Turned out good. Goes in the water tomorrow!

2FCC5C7C-61BC-4C42-89E8-9ECE1A5340C7.jpeg
7BE193DD-4C76-496A-AB2E-D083F8D0D307.jpeg
4182B9B1-EE34-4C32-82D8-21E4C0022569.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
By this time of the year I’ve usually gone boating at least four times. I’ve spent the better part of the last three months prepping my home for sale, selling it and buying a place a mile from the water. Now the new place is being painted and having new carpet installed. The end result being that I still haven’t gone boating or Waverunning yet this season. I hope this changes soon. I’m starting to feel seller’s and buyer’s remorse. If I hadn’t moved I’d probably wouldn’t be writing this.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haven't been able to take the boat out most of the year.
Transfer Case Control Module went out on my Durango in April so cant tow the boat. Part has been on backorder everywhere that I looked. Even eBay failed me when I thought I found the part.
Just received word that its back in stock today and ordered it right away. Miss boating so much with the awesome weather we've had here in Tampa.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@biffdotorg What is that claw thing on the front of your Polaris?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@biffdotorg What is that claw thing on the front of your Polaris?
Those are Kolpin Rhino Grip Pro's. They are rated for over 50lbs. I have a set on the front and a set on the back. I can toss a rake, pole saw, weed trimmer in the summer, or Ice chisels and ice auger in the winter. Heck they keep the grain shovel from blowing out of the bed as well. very handy.