• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Winterization

Question I have a Yamaha yr 2021 252S , looking a video from JetBoat pilot you do not have to winterize the engines with antifreeze. They are an open system self draining only talking about the engines you do have to do other things. Has anyone where it gets cool , did not winterize their engines with antifreez .????? And if you didn’t did you have any problems

Just be sure and blow the water out of the water locks / mufflers per the manual when you come off the water the last time before storage, and put a block under the Jack’s wheel to get the bow up high to get all the water out of the hull.

Also, fill the tank with fuel after adding fuel stabilizer then go out and drive the boat around to thoroughly mix the stabilizer into the fuel and get it distributed through the system before you lay it up for the winter.

If the boat is going to be stored outdoors over winter you could put some fogging oil into the cylinders.

If you have a fresh water system on your boat for a shower then you are going to want to make sure that tank and system is empty, you could put some RV anti freeze into the plumbing of that system just to be sure.

I’ve got a raw water wash down system on my boat, I make sure I’ve used the pump to push out all the water I can and I drain the filter. I’ve been at some early season fishing tournaments where temps dropped into the teens overnight and only got into the mid 20’s during the day and I didn’t have any issues.

Whats the reason Yamaha says to install clean out caps if you will be trailering any distance?

Whats the reason Yamaha says to install clean out caps if you will be trailering any distance?
I have ropes and other items I keep in that area that I don’t want to lose. Also keeps the cleanout plugs from bouncing around and either damaging something or themselves.

I have ropes and other items I keep in that area that I don’t want to lose. Also keeps the cleanout plugs from bouncing around and either damaging something or themselves.

Yep, didn't think about them possibly bouncing around and getting damaged, makes sense!

Back