• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterize - Washdown & livewell

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've got a 2021 FSH 195. I've never owned a boat with a wash down or a live well. I live in the New York area. So freezing is an issue. Does anything need to be done to the live well and/or the wash down for winterizing?

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I live in NE Ohio and I pull the drain plug in the live well and let it dry out with the hatch open. Other than that I change the oil and fog the engines and that's it!

You will hear different things from others, but personally I do not run anti-freeze or do anything else to winterize.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I didn’t have any issues with my FSH last winter.

one thing you will want to do is with the boat out of the water, I do this right when I pull the boat out of the water, start the engine and rap the motor to half throttle for about 10-15 seconds to blow most of the water out of the muffler. There should be a sticker on the stern of your boat describing this procedure.

As far as the raw water wash down goes, just pull the fixture off and remove the line at the back of the valve, it’s a slip lock type of fitting. Blow that line out to remove the standing water in that line. I didn’t do that last year and it was fine after the winter and it was out in sub zero temps.

Other than that, put the correct amount of storage fuel treatment in the tank, fill it, and take boat for a cruise.

My boat stays in a heated shop for most of the winter so I do not fog the engine.