• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 255XD - Clean out Ports

nosterka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine were difficult to remove and install about a month or so ago, sprayed them liberally with silicone spray making sure to get the spray into the crevices where things spin on top of each other. They installed like new with no effort. As part of my SOP and the invasive species protocols, I drain the bilge and live well on the boat ramp I pull the clean out plugs and let them drain. Then fire each motor and give it a half dozen quick brrrrraps to clean most of the water out of the water locks-mufflers.

From the 2021 255XD manual. Be sure and show the dealer who told these plugs shouldn’t be lubricated.

52B63566-783A-4A7C-8A4C-CB342EFFC968.jpeg

Last edited:

Eriejetboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I had significant water on top of them the first time out. I then used silicone spray liberally on each one and haven’t had water on top of them since. I spray them with silicone spray every 2nd or 3rd trip now.