• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Gold Package

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where are you shopping at? That’s not a great deal. Buy four bungee lines $70, bumpers $25 each, life vest $40 each from sams or Costco or spend $60 elsewhere, covers are $650.
Absolutely spot on @KCAR250! That’s what I paid for those items.

edit: with absolute no sacrifices to quality or safety whatsoever!

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMHO, since you are paying full price for the boat, delivery, and prep they should be giving you this gold package at no cost. Now if they have a standard package included and this is an upgrade that’s okay, but price seems high for that scenario. I’d at least ask for these items at cost. As some fellow members have suggested getting a few months of time to come back and buy stuff at a discount is a good idea. You don’t know now everything you want and will realize you should’ve gotten something after a few times out. If this is your first boat use that angle to at least pry some safety equipment out of them.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ive literally been on a "Pirate ship", having to tie a sheet bend knot , while at the helm, (none of my crew knew how to tie one) to "rescue" a 1800's era replica double-decker boat that had its engines die during a flash storm on the ICW. The boat was drifting into day-marker. Had I only had the $70 lines, they would have snapped for sure. And that's just one example. Anyway, rant over.
I think I have seen your pirate ship...make the skalewags learn knots, hitches and bends or walk the plank with a $40 pfd.

20200814_161701.jpg
29' Carver retro pirate ship.;)

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think I have seen your pirate ship...make the skalewags learn knots, hitches and bends or walk the plank with a $40 pfd.

View attachment 130317
29' Carver retro pirate ship.;)
Oh I put on a clinic the next day on knot tying!!!!
The Pirate ship Raven, 47’
EECD23AA-942C-45BF-8949-8944BCD850D6.jpeg
and the Belle of Topsail! 56’
Sunk by Hurricane Florence. So sad.

Attachments

Matman01775

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Curious what you mean by “pre order”. I’ve only seen dealerships take deposits for whatever boats come in within your preferences.

and Spring time delivery? Wtf? I’ve heard September-October for some models, but 6-8 months? That’s ridiculous

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer tossed that package in minus the cover, this was in May. That kit minus the cover is not worth that money. Sticker on the anchor box was like $180. I found the same anchor minus the Yamaha packaging for $25 at my local boat store. (Both work great) life jackets and bumpers they include are pretty cheap low end stuff. You can build that kit minus the cover for probably $150 or less at your local Walmart.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Working on a 2021 AR210 pre-order. There is a gold package that includes anchors, bumpers, nice vests, lines, and a premium cover for $1699. I assume that’s not a terrific deal. Already paying sticker plus $2800 in freight and dealer prep. I welcome any advice...

thank you
Tell him you will take the anchor, rope, fenders, fire extinguisher and PFD's including throwable for free, he can throw them in. Then ask if you get a discount on any accessories you order through him till the end of the year or for upto 12 months. Typical is 10-20%. Then buy your mooring cover through him, should cost you about $760.

I have a 2020 AR210 and that is what I did. Don't pay for the gold package it isn't worth it. AND you really, really, want that cover believe me.

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I ordered in Wisconsin. They said delivery could be anytime in late fall; and they agreed to store for me until spring. Dealer said a pre-order is different than the typical allotment they get.

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I ordered in Wisconsin. They said delivery could be anytime in late fall; and they agreed to store for me until spring. Dealer said a pre-order is different than the typical allotment they get.
Also - I did get several quotes and got best deal I could. I agree prices will come down, but candidly didn’t want to miss out on another summer. They did throw in premium cover.

Matman01775

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Also - I did get several quotes and got best deal I could. I agree prices will come down, but candidly didn’t want to miss out on another summer. They did throw in premium cover.
roger that. Didn’t know that was a thing. When I put a deposit down a couple weeks ago I was told they expect to start seeing them arrive in late August.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Matman01775 Depends what you put a deposit on . The 25' footers, I have been told, won't be out for a couple of months two the dealers, everything else is moving along.

@beb0102 Nice, the cover is awesome and great if they threw it in.

Matman01775

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
@Matman01775 Depends what you put a deposit on . The 25' footers, I have been told, won't be out for a couple of months two the dealers, everything else is moving along.

@beb0102 Nice, the cover is awesome and great if they threw it in.
I have a deposit on a 255XD and a 275SE really whatever comes in first. But the dealer was pretty confident the 255 series will be showing up by the end of August. I suppose they could be wrong. I don’t think any dealer really has the full picture.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Both very nice boats.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Is the gold package the same as this diamond? The only deal they are giving me is the mooring cover for free so this package is half price. What do
you think?09202453-BE48-4828-B2EF-917E1CC00A94.png

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Is the gold package the same as this diamond? The only deal they are giving me is the mooring cover for free so this package is half price. What do
you think?View attachment 141657
So it would be $1000 for everything shown minus the mooring cover? All of those items added up could be purchased for well under $1000. Buying their package would be convenient but taking the time to research and buy them individually means you can buy exactly what you want and not get what you don't want. For example, do you really want both regular fenders and contour fenders? Do you want suction cup fender holders? Sounds like a good way to lose your fenders. Do you really want a sand shark for your stern anchor? Maybe, maybe not. Do you want the registration numbers they give you or do you want to get to choose the exact font and color? Etc., etc., etc.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you think?View attachment 141657
Agree with everyone else. I got a cover for the AR250 for $850. The rest of that stuff is maybe $500

Olsonn20

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm assuming you are getting this from team winnebago land? I saw this same thing when I bought my ar195 last year, the only thing I ended up buying from the dealer was the cover. Everything else I went down the list and bought the exact same items from amazon and spent around $400 total and about $1100 including the cover. Much cheaper unless you would want to roll everything into the payment.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I refuse to pay for the cheap crap, I will only buy the stuff I know wont fail on me in high stress/emergency situations. "Too each their own", of course.
Ive seen the cheap bumpers pop, the bungee lines snap in high wind, $40 life vest, not with my loved ones life on the line.

When I say the cost above, that was for everything, not each.

Ive literally been on a "Pirate ship", having to tie a sheet bend knot , while at the helm, (none of my crew knew how to tie one) to "rescue" a 1800's era replica double-decker boat that had its engines die during a flash storm on the ICW. The boat was drifting into day-marker. Had I only had the $70 lines, they would have snapped for sure. And that's just one example. Anyway, rant over.
Or as I like to say... cheap stuff is never good, and good stuff is never cheap.

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems like a lot to me. I was able to find a brand new, still in the box cover for $450 on ebay so definitely check there before doing anything.