• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Jet boats and salt water

Barry165G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
North Carolina coast here myself. My advice would be " don't get lazy with cleaning, flushing, coating after your outing, even if you are tired".
You have to be dedicated to the process after boating in salt water. Yamaha jet boats are very easy to maintain. I use mainly " Yamashield" to coat everything since it's a bit thicker. Costs a little more but I want the piece of mind.
I try to dock it on a wet slip on salt water for a week or days then pull it out run 5mins with fresh water and salt away and wash it through. But I want to flush it on water. Currently I spoke to a very kind and patient member he had a sx190 2014 same year as mine but now moved up to 25ft. I sent him a picture to see which hose I need to pinch to avoid salt water coming in while I connect my fresh water hose to the flush port. He told me to pinch the red color section, also highlighted yellow is coolant line to exhaust, highlight blue is to the engine. So thankful he show me the path😊

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That red circled section, there should be a Y fitting just on the other side of the bulk head where the flush line comes in. If you pinch it off right there you will not get any water from the flush hose into the engine or exhaust. I could totally be wrong but have a look down inside the mechanical hatch under the clean out hatch to see if the Y connector is down there. You would want to block the line aft of the Y fitting to bring in flush water and not allow salt water in. But, you would not want to leave a clamp on that line for very long, if you want to block off that line while it is moored in salt water then you should install a valve, just don’t forget to turn it back on when you go to use the boat.

Member @lazergeek came up with a great set up using electronically actuated valves for the same situation you are in.

Barry165G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Appreciated 😊😊😊 isn't it the flush water port hose separated connect other side of the engine?

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
My boat stays in the water a max of three days. Fresh water engine flush at the end of a weekend. I just had to replace the steering cables as they were corroded. 2021 252S.

Barry165G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Appreciated the valuable information ;)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My boat stays in the water a max of three days. Fresh water engine flush at the end of a weekend. I just had to replace the steering cables as they were corroded. 2021 252S.
How many hours?

I am going on 300 hours in my 252SE pretty much all salt.

Barry165G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
How many hours?

I am going on 300 hours in my 252SE pretty much all salt.
Hihi how long you leave it on wet docking? I could flush due to wet dockage. Planing to leave it the for 4 days. Then put back to trailer. With it the 4days on wet dock. I will started for 5 mins in idling speed let engine loop with salt water incase engine internal sit too long become crystalized ...

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hihi how long you leave it on wet docking? I could flush due to wet dockage. Planing to leave it the for 4 days. Then put back to trailer. With it the 4days on wet dock. I will started for 5 mins in idling speed let engine loop with salt water incase engine internal sit too long become crystalized ...
I keep it on a trailer, but if I have to keep it in the water - 3 days max. I go through tons of Salt Away.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I keep it on a trailer, but if I have to keep it in the water - 3 days max. I go through tons of Salt Away.
I am also 100% salt water used, but trailer kept after each outing. I also use a ton of salt away.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You will be fine leaving it in salt water and not flushing for a week. Just make sure that you flush it good when you get it home and use salt away or another like product.

Barry165G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
You will be fine leaving it in salt water and not flushing for a week. Just make sure that you flush it good when you get it home and use salt away or another like product.
Appreciated such valuable answer 🤝🙏🙏🙏I have the connector that carry a cup of salt away. Boat on trailer Engine on then run fresh water 5mins until the salt way all used up☺