• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fire extinguisher?

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With my new SX240 I received a box of coast guard equipment including a small fire extinguisher that might put out a cigarette if used properly. So, I'm planning on buying a better quality fire extinguisher and wondering what other boaters are using--also, how and where do you attach it or store it?

Does anyone have an automatic discharge system installed in the engine compartment?

Last edited:

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should have gotten 2 with your new boat? I did, maybe I was just special :rolleyes:

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh yea. Ones in the rear passenger storage compartment and the other is in the storage area in front of the stearing wheel.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I only got one and was told that they only provide one. I too am interested in recommendations.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I carry several on board. The one I'll go to first if I'm on fire, if I have time, is a big honkin' Halon I still have from the good ol' days. I keep it just forward of the helm.

I keep threatening to install an auto system in the engine compartment, but I'll probably never get around to it.

I've used up two dry chem ABC types so far...on other peoples fires. Go figure :cool:

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I only got one with my new boat. I had one with my old boat I use as well. I keep one in the helm storage compartment and one in the storage compartment with the batteries.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just have the one that is installed just aft of the throttles.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length