• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Noob to the tube questions

smthng

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just ordered a tube/wing thing that looked way too much fun to pass up. Fortunately, I have friends with a couple of teen kids who've been begging me to get something. That leads to the questions...

I have the LS2000 with a working ski pole and the standard rear tow hook. Which is better for tubes? I would think the pole, but I defer to experience.

How much rope, what kind? I see three common "things" on Amazon for towing... Ropes, Harnesses and a quick connector. I'm pretty sure the rope is mandatory. Do I need a harness and how useful is a quick connector?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wouldn't use the ski pole to tow a tube unless it is a small one with only one person on it. Use the tow hook on the back for tubes with 2+ people on them.

Most new ropes come with a quick connector now. And most tubes do too....

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with @Julian, I wouldn't tow from the ski pole (if it's like the one that I had on my Sea Doo). I'd tow from the rear tow hook. I think the harnesses that you're looking at might be for connecting to the rear tie downs (one on each side of the boat). These would be used if you had an outboard engine back there. So IMHO, just connect one end of the rope to the tube, the other to the rear tow hook. Not sure of what length though. Mine always came with the tubes I've bought so I never measured them.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
x3, use the tow connection on the back. You will get plenty of pulling fun out of that. I use about a 60/65 foot nylon rope.

You can get some good whip if you make a tight turn and then straighten out with some throttle. It is when you straighten out that they actually whip outside of the the wake in the direction of the turn that you had taken. Lot's of fun

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The problem with using the pole is that it might bend. If you only have one tube you probably don't need a quick connector for it, just leave the line attached to it. As for size/type there are plenty of options, just choose the one that can handle the expected weight of the tube when the tube is at full capacity rider wise. The ropes for the four person tubes are a lot thicker than the ropes for the 1 and 2 person tubes.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Be sure to inflate tube till it is quite firm. Hard to plane otherwise

Bill

Freezer41