• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Truck Tow Vehicle

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 1st Gen Sequioa(4.7L) w/ 275k miles that pulls the FSH190 fine, is great for tight launches. I usually pull third row seating out for trips as we went from a 7 to 2-4 person vacation family. I also have a 5.7L Tundra that pulls it like downtown JB as the primary vehicle. And yes, I am a Toyota fanboy. The 5.7L gets 14-15mpg empty or loaded down 🤷‍♂️.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked at leasing a new Sequoia, unfortunately to high. I want to max out no more than $500-$550 on a 2 or three year. SUV's don't appear to be in that range anywhere. I can't bring myself to even justifying $1,000+ dollars on leasing a vehicle. F-150's are just under $500. Putting some effort into working the family :) on their approval.

1702249621870.png

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think you are just spinning your wheels thinking about a F-150, if seating for 6/7/8 as one of your basic criteria. With this passenger amount and having a vehicle that can tow, seems you are pretty much limited to just full size SUVs.

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you are just spinning your wheels thinking about a F-150, if seating for 6/7/8 as one of your basic criteria. With this passenger amount and having a vehicle that can tow, seems you are pretty much limited to just full size SUVs.

Jim
May have to calve the children....

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I have decided to keep my Expedition. Currently I am out in the Drive, taking a break right now, Replacing the Front and Rear Struts. Just finished up the Rears, and have the wheels off on the Front. Bought some nice KYB Strut Plus for all the way around. Everytime I hit a bump it throws people or sounds like the struts in front are going to fall off.

Fun Stuff. Pulling the boat out of storage late next month so I want to get the Tow Vehicle up to par.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I give. Front upper control arm nut is now just spinning with the shaft and I can get it off. Any Idea?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No.

Wish there was. I got the nut down almost to the end then it froze. Impact just spins everything. Wondering what to do.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
trying to picture it, but I think I know which nut you mean. Check with local Napa or other parts store to see if they have a replacement, then cut that one off if you can get at the threaded section behind the bolt. maybe?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
trying to picture it, but I think I know which nut you mean. Check with local Napa or other parts store to see if they have a replacement, then cut that one off if you can get at the threaded section behind the bolt. maybe?
thanks, was just looking at them at AutoZone. Great Idea.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
bought upper control arms

now I have another bolt that is stuck

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I just did uppers and lowers on my 06 Town Car(104k). The torsion bar softs and links were toast.
No rust here, stuff comes apart as it should, I still clean threads with a welders wire toothbrush before disassembly.
The kyb's will sit high till the springs get happy.
Really nice having a tight front end.:cool:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I just did uppers and lowers on my 06 Town Car. The torsion bar softs and links were toast.
No rust here, stuff comes apart as it should, I still clean threads with a welders wire toothbrush before disassembly.
The kyb's will sit high till the springs get happy.
Really nice having a tight front end.:cool:
I Have the two rears done and the front driver's side put back together. Had to knock off last night too cold. Doing in drive. Figured I would finish the front right today. Then see if I can get it in for a front end alignment.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow... finished. Will get a front end alignment, it is just off a bit. Drives like a new suv. The KYBs are fimer in ride , but like them so far on my test drive. Can't wait to hook up the boat and see how it feels towing.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow... finished. Will get a front end alignment, it is just off a bit. Drives like a new suv. The KYBs are fimer in ride , but like them so far on my test drive. Can't wait to hook up the boat and see how it feels towing.
Good job! That was tough! Sounds like the juice was worth the squeeze.