• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

“Who bought the new 2020 AR210”

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello
This is my first post, and my family and I are getting ready to pull the trigger on boat. I am reaching out to see how many of you love the 2020 AR210? This size fits my family of 6, and I would love to see how many of you are in love with your purchase. We live in Land O’ Lakes and we’ve decided to deal with Cycle Springs. I’ve read so many threads of no haggle as they are only left with 2020 models.

Also, our boat show begins in March, should I wait to purchase then to get a better deal or just grab whenever being that 2020 years are all that’s left.

I’ve read every thread on here about the no haggle but then I’m thrown off when I read about boat shows.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 AR210 which is practically the same. I love the boat so far after buying it used mid season this past summer. I usually boat with 4-5 people and we mostly wakeboard, float, and some fishing. I trailer and keep the boat at my house so the 21 is right for me. I read good things on this board about cycle springs. You may also want to look at the other 21s as there are bigger engine options, luxuries, etc. depends on your budget and what you want

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 AR210 which is practically the same. I love the boat so far after buying it used mid season this past summer. I usually boat with 4-5 people and we mostly wakeboard, float, and some fishing. I trailer and keep the boat at my house so the 21 is right for me. I read good things on this board about cycle springs. You may also want to look at the other 21s as there are bigger engine options, luxuries, etc. depends on your budget and what you want
Thanks for the info, yes we are excited to jump onboard to purchase.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There are plenty of volume dealers that will discount the sale, up to 10-11% off MSRP, but you may have to wait until later in the season. You may have to drive a few hours to get that deal though. Call around and find the best pricing, then tell your local dealer what price you got and see what is the best they can do. Figure out how much extra you’re willing to pay for “Good Service”. I saved over 8k by driving 3 hours, and the dealer was great to deal with.

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are plenty of volume dealers that will discount the sale, up to 10-11% off MSRP, but you may have to wait until later in the season. You may have to drive a few hours to get that deal though. Call around and find the best pricing, then tell your local dealer what price you got and see what is the best they can do. Figure out how much extra you’re willing to pay for “Good Service”. I saved over 8k by driving 3 hours, and the dealer was great to deal with.
Ok sounds like a plan, my dealer ran out of 2019’s so they only have 2020 units on their property.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Everything is negotiable, you should be able to get a Yamaha boat and pay under MSRP. Make calls to other dealers that are within a reasonable distance and get a quote and then use that to your advantage. Make sure when they give you a quote it includes prep and dealer fees. I was able to get mine way under MSRP.

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everything is negotiable, you should be able to get a Yamaha boat and pay under MSRP. Make calls to other dealers that are within a reasonable distance and get a quote and then use that to your advantage. Make sure when they give you a quote it includes prep and dealer fees. I was able to get mine way under MSRP.
I have and their prices are so weird, they are higher than Yamaha have them listed. Almost 3k higher.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So the Yamaha MSRP does not include “dealer prep” which as I recall is around $1500-$2000. As inconvenient as it might be, you may be able to find a 2019 further north and save yourself a considerable amount. I purchased a 2018 after Labor Day that year, and saved roughly $5000 off MSRP. To me that’s worth a 6 hour drive but everyone values different things. Regardless where you purchase a local dealer will still be able to service it.

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the Yamaha MSRP does not include “dealer prep” which as I recall is around $1500-$2000. As inconvenient as it might be, you may be able to find a 2019 further north and save yourself a considerable amount. I purchased a 2018 after Labor Day that year, and saved roughly $5000 off MSRP. To me that’s worth a 6 hour drive but everyone values different things. Regardless where you purchase a local dealer will still be able to service it.
So true.. We’ve checked far north almost 8hrs and ppl are really buy up all the 19’s. Roll out of 20’s are really hitting the lots and seems to be the only choice, first boat and love the 20’s so we are battling between 3 dealers at the moment. Thnx for the info.

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took a leftover 2019 AR210 on a sea trial last year. Loved the boat, seating arrangement and the handling but had second thought on the TR1 engines. We also tend to boat with 6 people and decided to go with the 212 Limited S with the twin 180HP engines. Both are great boats but remember what you will be asking the boat to do once loaded up with people and gear.

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took a leftover 2019 AR210 on a sea trial last year. Loved the boat, seating arrangement and the handling but had second thought on the TR1 engines. We also tend to boat with 6 people and decided to go with the 212 Limited S with the twin 180HP engines. Both are great boats but remember what you will be asking the boat to do once loaded up with people and gear.
Great info and totally correct about gear and power. Guess I need to upgrade..... ughhh

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The money shouldn't be burning a hole in your pocket, look for the best deal for your needs. If those needs aren't met, keep looking. SOME dealership SOMEWHERE is going to get you in the right setup, it's up to you, like @Dixie Highway says, to figure out what you value most.

I waited 2 years to get the boat I ended up with, and it wasn't what I initially planned to buy. 2019 AR210 here, and I'm glad I got to this point. I find it to be a great all-around boat, which fits my all-around usage, which is good for me, but you haven't really even laid out what you want to do other than haul around 6 people.

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2018 AR210 owner; hauled around 12 adults people at times. Not a problem with speed. Still pushing 35mph which I can tell you is plenty fast if the water is not glass. The faster you go, the more stuff bounces and owners later discover loose screws, rattling bodywork, stress cracks etc. I drive mine with love. Tubed, wakeboarding everything. I think 210's bring a good "value" proposition for folks who necessarily don't want to spend 55K+ on a boat and still want dual engine. Zero issues at all so far. I even accidentally sucked a tow rope once and was able to get it out while the boat was still in the water. You dont "have to" upgrade, you may want to if you want higher speeds but that comes with a HUGE difference in price for the last few mph on the speedometer.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You put 12 adults in a AR210 to go wake boarding and tubing? I'm guessing they were all jockeys. I test drove an AR210 and thought it was a little tight with 7 adults. The 7 adults were farm sized adults by the way. Went with the AR 240 and am very happy. Got a really good deal on a 19 and the difference in price was not that much.

Last edited:

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm late to the party? Did everyone cover what you need?

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes and no, but we’ve come to the conclusion of just buying brand new. Dealer will give 6k off of price and boat show deal as well. He’s a good guy did a lot stuff with him when got my motorcycle. So we felt best to go new and be the first with any issues.

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mainly I wanted to know who bought the new model being that I’ve seen no post of them on here. I wanted to know what they truly loved about the vessel, and if they felt they needed to go larger. And being that I’m new to this what to ask for going in, but having a good friend walk me through this we feel comfortable now.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes and no, but we’ve come to the conclusion of just buying brand new. Dealer will give 6k off of price and boat show deal as well. He’s a good guy did a lot stuff with him when got my motorcycle. So we felt best to go new and be the first with any issues.
Any deal you're comfortable with is a good deal. So you decided on an AR 210? Color? You're up in Land O'lakes Wis?

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any deal you're comfortable with is a good deal. So you decided on an AR 210? Color? You're up in Land O'lakes Wis?
Blue seems to be the best looking of the 2020, and we are in Land O’ Lakes FL.