• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

'19 SX190 or '15 SX192?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I been looking at 2016 192 at my my local dealer.. 112 hrs on it. Is that high hours for this year. It has y.e.s warranty intill March ofn2021 . They will.winterize keep it stored for winter. Do covers and life vests anchors and water demo in the spring. After 2500 down loan will be about 2300something. This will be my 1st boat . I live in ct where u can only run 5 to 6 months a year. I will want to pull tubes and possible wake boards ( I dont know how well It will pull a board do to no high tow anchor point . Idk if it's a good deal or not. ( sorry for jumping on ur thread but when there was one that had to do with what I was looking for I did to want someone to say there threads that had info in thm)
Welcome to the forum! 3 year old boat with 112hr is good. Not sure what they're asking but sounds like a good starting point. Good luck!

09kawi438

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
24955, with eveything included. It dose need a minor gel coat repair witch the dealer said they will fix it as well. ..thanks for welcoming me that's some pictures . This is my 1st boat I just wanna make sure its will last me ... my only thing is not being able to pull a wake boarder Cuz no high towline should that be a deal braker ?

Attachments

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
24955, with eveything included. It dose need a minor gel coat repair witch the dealer said they will fix it as well. ..thanks for welcoming me that's some pictures . This is my 1st boat I just wanna make sure its will last me ... my only thing is not being able to pull a wake boarder Cuz no high towline should that be a deal braker ?
In regards to the tow point don’t worry about it. Honestly if your just having fun you don’t need it. However the tower does come in handy for carrying the boards and keeping them out of the boat.

09kawi438

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do the tow point in the swim plat form will pull a wake board? And a other question is with these motors I heard someone said something about heat soak idk what that means. And how many hours are on them before they have problems and need a rebuild. All things I wanna consider before I bbn sign on the line ( would be Saturday)

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yep no problem, I wake boarded a ton behind my SX190. I was able to clear to wave however keep it mind without the tower it will limit the height of your jumps.

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Personally a fan of using regular fuel and having more fuel savings with the na motor. I regularly tow boarders with 5-6 people in the boat and it does fine. Looking at adding the lucky 13 cone to help with cavitation when the boat is filled.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do the tow point in the swim plat form will pull a wake board? And a other question is with these motors I heard someone said something about heat soak idk what that means. And how many hours are on them before they have problems and need a rebuild. All things I wanna consider before I bbn sign on the line ( would be Saturday)
I had the AR192 and I really appreciated the power. I would not have wanted anything less, especially if you want to do some tube pulling. Tubes have a lot of drag. The 192 only needs regular fuel, by the way. Personally, I would not buy a boat without a tower. Just make sure you think about the future and being happy with the boat 3 years down the road. I ended up really liking wakeboarding so I would have regretted not buying the boat with a tower. I also added some ballast to the boat for wakeboarding and I don't think the 190 would have handled that and half full crew on board. Heat soak should not be too much of an issue for you in Connecticut, but if you do notice it, it's a pretty inexpensive, bolt on upgrade of the intercooler that you can do with moderate mechanical skills. Most of us who have done it have purchased the intercooler from RIVA Motorsports ebay page. They buy brand new Yamaha skis and add a bunch of performance parts so they sell the parts they remove including the intercooler. I think mine was $300. I did it more or less because I could. I don't think I ever noticed heat soak performance loss.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I read it right it would be about a 15 % savings buying the used boat. For the new cockpit layout and other changes, plus the comfort of knowing how the was treated/mistreated I personally would go for the 19. Fuel economy will be better to, however, if you need the extra power of the supercharger then you aren't going to be happy with the 190. We don't do water sports and our 2018 190 is fine for us. Last week I was at the dealer and was sitting in the 2019 and 2020 190s and I really do like the new cockpit design, just not enough to trade up for from a 2018. Good luck

09kawi438

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This one someone else post I just hopped o it because I was looking at a used 192 2016 did not wanna make a thread that people were allready talking about

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m not sure about the 192 but before purchasing my 2019 SX190 I looked at many used ones. For the most part all were great boats but after really taking everything into consideration in regards to price, condition and warranty. There was not as much of a difference for me to not go with the 2019. We absolutely love this boat and could not be happier with the purchase. I know the cost is more but we really love the color combo on the 19. Let me know if you have any questions about the boat I could answer for you. But here’s a little shot of how it looks in the water.
View attachment 91407
nice boat

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 19 SX190. For us we rarely pull a tube even. It is just barely sufficient for a tube with 2 teenagers on it. I cant imagine pulling a water skier or wake board. For me, i dont regret not getting the AR, as we dont do watersports, but the tower is a great place to hang fenders from and when out of the boat at the dock, it gives somewhere to grab on to.

I did try the 195 but it is a slippery slope because then my wife said for a few $ more lets look at a 210 and then before you know it she was looking at the bigger boats.

The biggest deciding factor was the difference in price for the 190 vs 195 it is like 2 years worth of gas to enjoy the boat.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For water sports I doubt the 195 would make that much difference as the extra HP is likely going to be more beneficial on the top end (correct me if I’m wrong). I weigh 200# and the AR190 was able to pull me up deep-water on one ski for a couple of years, and could pull me at my desired speed of 34.5 with no problem.

The tower is definitely selling point, and despite what you may tell yourself now, you’ll likely buy a different boat within 6-years.

If I were buying a new 19’ now I would give a serious look to the 195S... that’s a sharp boat.

Oh, and @2kwik4u, you are my hero. Hammock on the tower... Brilliant!

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For water sports I doubt the 195 would make that much difference as the extra HP is likely going to be more beneficial on the top end (correct me if I’m wrong). I weigh 200# and the AR190 was able to pull me up deep-water on one ski for a couple of years, and could pull me at my desired speed of 34.5 with no problem.

The tower is definitely selling point, and despite what you may tell yourself now, you’ll likely buy a different boat within 6-years.

If I were buying a new 19’ now I would give a serious look to the 195S... that’s a sharp boat.

Oh, and @2kwik4u, you are my hero. Hammock on the tower... Brilliant!
The extra power comes from the supercharger which is near instant hit from down low to midrange. You can certainly feel the difference. When I had a big boost leak the boat felt much slower and lazy in terms of delivering power.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The extra power comes from the supercharger which is near instant hit from down low to midrange. You can certainly feel the difference. When I had a big boost leak the boat felt much slower and lazy in terms of delivering power.
I stand corrected