• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

1997 Euroline Cyclone

dkeyes0814

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just bought a 1997 cyclone jet boat with a 90hp 2 stroke and am having problems. Got it on the lake and it was very very slow even with throttle all the way open, an alarm started going off, im guessing that it is an overheating alarm because the engine was super hot and smoking a little. After i shut it off and drifted for a while i tried starting it again and it will not start. Just need some troubleshooting tips on what to check. Thanks for the help!!

Let us know what is in it for an engine, so we can point you to the proper resource. My guess that vintage is a Mercury SportJet, or possibly a Force powerhead. Photos work if you can't figure it out.

Thats the one! Looks just like mine. I've been trying to find info but i dont know much about 2 strokes so its been a struggle. Thanks in advance for any info!

Good find, I saw others with the Mercury SportJet as well, in 120 and 175hp versions. I swear, everyone was making a small jetboat back in those days.

yea it looks super fun, but i may have bitten off more than i can chew lol i can work on engines but i have no idea where to start troubleshooting and have minimal tools

I just bought a 1997 cyclone jet boat with a 90hp 2 stroke and am having problems. Got it on the lake and it was very very slow even with throttle all the way open, an alarm started going off, im guessing that it is an overheating alarm because the engine was super hot and smoking a little. After i shut it off and drifted for a while i tried starting it again and it will not start. Just need some troubleshooting tips on what to check. Thanks for the help!!

Hi dkeyes0814,

Did you ever figure out the problem?

I have a 96 Euroline with a similar overheating issue but never took it out on the lake yet.
Ran it on the garden hose and it still has over heating issue.

I have checked compression, spark, fuel line, exhaust port. Rebuilt the pump and carbs.

Only thing left is a leak in the manifold gasket or cylinder gasket. Which is a bigger job to do.

Thanks for any updates or advice

Hi dkeyes0814,

Did you ever figure out the problem?

dkyes0814 never signed back in after his original join date and 3 posts on Jul 12, 2019

when you run it on the garden hose is that water for the exhaust cooling ( engine has a sealed coolant liquid like a car) or for engine and exhaust

I might take the thermostat out and see if you see water passing through,
otherwise get an infrared thermometer to point at different locations on the engine to see if you can identify the hotspot,

Way late response here but I owned a 1997 euroline cyclone as my first “boat”. Mine had a 175hp mercury sport jet and pump. Don’t know what the op’s Alarm sounded like but when mine went off and my friends mercury outboard did the same the problem was low oil pressure in both instances.

Back