• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1st Time Boat Buyer - Help Needed on Which of These Two to Buy

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They are good covers, however they have a tendency to drain rain water directly to the cut out for the rear tower support. This will cause dirt and leaves to be washed into the area near the hand grab. My solution has been to glue a small curb made from garage door gasket to the cover using Shoe Goo. You may want to consider a solution as well.
Your family is going to have a fun summer.

libton2003

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip!

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are good covers, however they have a tendency to drain rain water directly to the cut out for the rear tower support. This will cause dirt and leaves to be washed into the area near the hand grab. My solution has been to glue a small curb made from garage door gasket to the cover using Shoe Goo. You may want to consider a solution as well.
Your family is going to have a fun summer.
Pic?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I will try to get some this weekend.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
:winkingthumbsup"
Congratulations! Nice looking boat.
[Now you need to update your signature to reflect the new toy!]

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@libton2003
I forgot to mention that it is important to unplug the power to the Sirius unit under the helm. It will drain your battery in a week with the radio off. Disregard if you have a battery switch.
.IMG_2318rev1.jpg

libton2003

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
@libton2003
I forgot to mention that it is important to unplug the power to the Sirius unit under the helm. It will drain your battery in a week with the radio off. Disregard if you have a battery switch.
.View attachment 121695
Thanks buckbuck. We have a battery switch we turn off after every use. Battery is like 10 years old so i make sure i do it every time!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks buckbuck. We have a battery switch we turn off after every use. Battery is like 10 years old so i make sure i do it every time!
10 years on a battery is impressive....cant possibly last much longer though.