• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 sx230ho problems

TESTAROBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
good morning, I have a 2006 sx230 ho and I am now on my 3rd ecu, #3 injector just stops working. the first time it was flooding the cylinder now it isn't working at all. my ecu's seem to work for about 20 hrs then they go bad. just put a new ecu in it again and a new injector and still isn't working. is there a known wiring issue with this problem? any help would be welcome, thank you

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What made you think it was the ECU or the injector in the first place? Please give your city or zip in your profile in case there is someone available to help you.

TESTAROBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
well the first time it happened I replaced the injector cause I thought it was bad. it wasn,t so I talked with a tech at Yamaha and they had told me they have been having ecu problems. replaced the ecu and it fixed it. we have chased wires and checked for power and checked the ground/signal lead to that injector and it wasn't working whitch lead to the ecu. fixed the problem. I believe there has to be a wire /harness issue. have read other post on the forum and all point back to the ecu.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

TESTAROBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well after an hour of chasing wiring, we found the problem. found a bad connection on the wire harness plug that feeds the injector rail. now time to put it on the water to confirm the repair. if this fixes the problem I will take a few pics for all to see> thank you for your help

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well after an hour of chasing wiring, we found the problem. found a bad connection on the wire harness plug that feeds the injector rail. now time to put it on the water to confirm the repair. if this fixes the problem I will take a few pics for all to see> thank you for your help
Hopefully that solves your problem. Keep us informed

TESTAROBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat is running great, well with that said I have 2 new ecus up for sale. lol

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
One of the issues that was posted about ECUs is that they aren't sealed well, and that water flowing over the stern (or in @bronze_10 situation, water flowing off a gas station roof) lands on top of the ECU and damages it. One suggestion was to apply duct tape to the top of the ECU to cover it, or put a bit of flashing over it to give it a roof.

JBRyan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where is the ECU located? Does 07 models suffer from same issue? Would like to seal mine up as preventive maint.