• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 sx230 stains on hull ?!

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I've been looking at buying hut trying to find the right deal.

I've found a good buy but I'm cautious due to the follow pictures.

Difficult to remove if everything else checks out good ?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dude. I love ya cuz your a mountaineer, but you're an idiot for not racing to NC to buy Julian's boat. You're gonna get a better price, but it won't be a better deal, and you're gonna kick yourself in the ass for the next few years because of it with every problem that arises. And it's not *if*, it is most definitely *when*. Price ain't everything, especially in the market you are shopping. Ain't mad at ya, just throwing some truth out there you may want to consider.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
restoring wax will remove those as well but those stains are from salt water or brackish water use you will want to double check everything you can on that boat. I'm not opposed to buying a salt water boat just know going in you will likely need to spend some money if it wasn't kept right and if it was it should be fine. More then likely all cables and hose clamps will need to be changed and several other things I'm just guessing by the hull they probably did not keep up with the salt water maintenance it needs.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also doubles check all the trailer hubs, rotors and brakes its a $1000 question on a salt water boat ask me how I know lol.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
restoring wax will remove those as well but those stains are from salt water or brackish water use you will want to double check everything you can on that boat. I'm not opposed to buying a salt water boat just know going in you will likely need to spend some money if it wasn't kept right and if it was it should be fine. More then likely all cables and hose clamps will need to be changed and several other things I'm just guessing by the hull they probably did not keep up with the salt water maintenance it needs.
I'm browsing and I've asked for photos before I travel to see it. Granted he does fresh and salt....But I totally agree with you on the maintenance that's why I've thought about passing.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm browsing and I've asked for photos before I travel to see it. Granted he does fresh and salt....But I totally agree with you on the maintenance that's why I've thought about passing.
It will be obvious when you see it if its not been maintained right. Most or all the hose clamps will be rusted the throttles will not move easily nor will the steering or you may hear creaks. You can see the throttle cables in the engine compartment. Just take your time when inspecting and don't be afraid to walk away. Also dont be afraid to buy if you are getting the right deal just know you will likely throw several thousand into the boat. I bought a 2011 SX240 with 60 hours and a yes warranty a few months back knowing it had been in salt water but I only paid $23,500 for it which I was ok with knowing I would have to throw some money back into it. All the cables and stuff had been replaced already but I have fixed many minor things but the one thing I forgot to really inspect was the trailer. Make sure to pull the dust covers off the hubs as mine were rusted so bad you could not add grease. Once again not a deal breaker just make sure you are getting the right deal and are willing to throw in the work if it is rough still no regrets on my side I will still likely sell my boat for more then what I have in it in 2-3 years.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dude. I love ya cuz your a mountaineer, but you're an idiot for not racing to NC to buy Julian's boat. You're gonna get a better price, but it won't be a better deal, and you're gonna kick yourself in the ass for the next few years because of it with every problem that arises. And it's not *if*, it is most definitely *when*. Price ain't everything, especially in the market you are shopping. Ain't mad at ya, just throwing some truth out there you may want to consider.
He was so close to having my boat!

Those stains will come right off...not to worry. I'd be more interested in seeing the engine compartment and the impellers. Also the seats are a great indicator of care....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For the stains, start mild and work your way up the scale of harsh chemicals. Start with a degreaser, Davis FSR gel stain remover then On/Off Hull cleaner. After your stains are gone be sure to wax the areas to seal the gel coat back up. Sealing the pores up will prevent easy staining down the road.

Good luck in your boat search!

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@chess - If you boat in the Chesapeake like I do. Really and boat scum remover will do (on-off haul cleaner or bathroom tile soap scum remover ). My word to the wise is if you have a MFI galvanized trailer be sure not let this stuff get on it as it will discolor your trailer....

After you remove the scum , be sure to polish and wax it, as it will save you from having to removing the scum "every time" you go boating....

I hope this helps...