• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2008 Yamaha 212x

clintbroden

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are thinking of buying a 2008 212x from a private seller. We would be the third owner. All lake use. It has about 150 hours on it and some very minor scratches. Standard equipment with two batteries and tower speakers.

-We are taking it for a test run tomorrow. Any suggestions what to look for? Candidly we have no clue so any guidance is appreciated no matter how basic

-We will have it checked out by a repair shop and have them verify hours. Assuming it has no major issues, is $30,000 a good price?

Thanks for the input

Last edited:
Check Nada for pricing...they are a pretty good guide.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats

Look under personal watercraft---Nada doesn't seem to know the difference between a boat and PWC

Will also make a difference if the owners have made any expensive modifications....like Perfect Pass, Sound System etc

After your test run, have the boat pulled out of the water and see how much water is in the bilge....shouldn't be much (like a bucket full)....if there is, she has a leak (can be fixed, so not a deal breaker...)

Was the boat ever wet slipped?
Crawl under it....all the way, and look for cracks and scraches through the gel coat (you shouldn't see any different color than the surface color).
Look for waterlines in the bilge.
Take lots of pics and post them here-especially of anything that doesn't look right.
Test every component.
The X has ballast. Make sure it fills and empties with no leaks.
Trailer tire age (is on sidewalls--if original, you are going to need to replace very likely)
Battery age?
Looks for stains and tears in the seats, cracks in the gelcoat.
Make sure engine RPMs reach 10,200 or very close. If you have GPS, ensure it reaches 50MPH (GPS is better than the speedo on these boats)

With the engines off and the throttles in forward you can see the impellers. Check if they look damaged. Post pictures of them if you are not certain.

How were the hours determined? A dealer or individual with the cable can read the hours from the engines.

Does water spray out of all the cooling (pee) holes on the side? They are small diameter holes on the drivers (starboard) side. There may be two or four of them. If hot water is flowing out when the engines are above idle that is an indication that the cooling system is working. The single larger diameter hole is the bilge pump.

Do all of the gauges work? Especially check the depth and fuel gauges.

2008 212 x is the boat I wish I would of bought !!! My fav yamaha !!!

Your during the high season, but on a stock boat, $30K with those hours and time is high IMO. I sold my SX 230, same age, 67 hours, with $4K worth of upgrades and accessories, all virtually new, brand new AGM batteries on a dual switch/ACR, JL Audio Stereo system, all trailer repair upgrades, new clean out plug repairs, etc. and sold for $2K less than the ask listed above on the X.

2008 212 x is the boat I wish I would of bought !!! My fav yamaha !!!
X2

@clintbroden welcome aboard. Hopefully the test ride goes well. It might help to post up what area you're in. Maybe a "seasoned" owner would be willing to meet you and help you out.

IMHO 30k is pretty high. Obviously, like @txav8r said, there's a lot of variables that might make it worth that much though, but that boat would have to be in mint condition and loaded to the gills with nice upgrades.

Check Nada for pricing...they are a pretty good guide.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats

Look under personal watercraft---Nada doesn't seem to know the difference between a boat and PWC

Will also make a difference if the owners have made any expensive modifications....like Perfect Pass, Sound System etc

@Julian since most of the options are that are clickable on nada are standard on yamahas, should we click them?
I guess what I'm asking is, is the base nada price include the standard options in their price?

Also. Is there an option to change the year?
Can't find it

Never mind. I figured it out. This is what I drew up. Looks ok?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-03-19-17-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-03-19-17-13.png
    287 KB · Views: 26
Almost all of those add-ons are included in the base price. I don't think the value that you have there is correct.

So more or less the price above the options! Thanks @txav8r

Anyone have a list of standard items for an '08 X they can post.

Yam
Anyone have a list of standard items for an '08 X they can post.

Yamaha does not offer options. Everything on the boat including the trailer is standard. Mooring covers are an accessory. A shipping cover comes with the boat.

@Randall Knapp - You are correct, the top line is the line you should start from. The only things Yamaha sells as add ons are: Cover, bow filler cushions (on some models), wake board racks, Dual battery switch (on some models).

Never stood on a Yamaha jet boat. Lol I think this forum is teaching me something

Only true option on that boat is a galvanized trailer. Everything else is standard or is an accessory, like the cover etc.

And that price is,definitely too high...

Back