• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015+ Shorlandr trailers are having issues with fender brackets cracking

Fozzy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good idea, but I shouldn't have to be doing this to a brand new trailer. I have just over a thousand miles on mine and every one of mine are cracked and so is the main support.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@McMark I like the fender washers, I think that is def the way to go.
I agree @Fozzy, we shouldn't have to do it, but recall or not, it is what it is. Right now I have to trailer while I'm moving into a new dry slip in my marina and want to be as safe as I can be.
(while @MrMoose gets us all brand new aluminum gold-plated triple axle trailers from Shoreland'r, right Mr Moose?)

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Carlisle emailed me this morning and are going to be sending me new radials. Hopefully their balanced but if not that's the first thing I'll be taking care of.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Carlisle emailed me this morning and are going to be sending me new radials. Hopefully their balanced but if not that's the first thing I'll be taking care of.
What did you say to them for the claim?

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Chip F. I told them my fenders have been replace two years in a row now due to cracked parts and that I believed I was experiencing excessive vibration from my tires. I supplies pictures of my broken parts and pictures of tires and sticker showing load rating/vin. I stressed that I thought radials instead of bias ply would help remediate the problem and also stated that the excessive vibrations could break the parts enough on the highway to cause the support arm to swing into the tire and shred while underway, thus being a serious hazard. I expressed all of this on the phone and then repeated that in the form they send you to fill out. Having pictures of broken things probably help.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Chip F. I told them my fenders have been replace two years in a row now due to cracked parts and that I believed I was experiencing excessive vibration from my tires. I supplies pictures of my broken parts and pictures of tires and sticker showing load rating/vin. I stressed that I thought radials instead of bias ply would help remediate the problem and also stated that the excessive vibrations could break the parts enough on the highway to cause the support arm to swing into the tire and shred while underway, thus being a serious hazard. I expressed all of this on the phone and then repeated that in the form they send you to fill out. Having pictures of broken things probably help.
Ok thanks!

bmb5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here are my brackets that are also broken. I have about 1000 miles on my trailer. Need to call Shorelander tomorrow. I am about 5 months out of my 1 year warranty.

Attachments

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the boat back yesterday and also went to Discount Tire to have them put on my new radials that Carlisle sent. Had them balance the tires as well. Drive home seemed a bit better, but, when I got home and inspected everything one of the bolts that holds the diamond plate down had come loose and fallen out. I'm betting the dealer didn't want to tighten too much and make cracks. Fun.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine are broke too. Less than 6 mo old

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The starboard side fender bracket is completely sheered above the bolt. I'm going to have to check the port one more closely tonight because I didn't get a great look at it last night, but there were stress marks on the diamond plate. Here are pics of the starboard side one.
I have been nothing but pleased with my dealer (Grand Pointe Marina, Lansing) through shopping, purchase and post purchase. Great communication and service all around. View attachment 42457 View attachment 42458

Great topic guys! I also bought a new AR240 from Grand Point Marina in Lansing. First month I noticed the fenders shaking then found a bolt on each side missing! Never thought to look at the brackets. Also, I've noticed the bouncing and vibrating at towing speeds and thought it to be peculiar. I tow a travel trailer as well and never noticed and never noticed when I towed my old Crownline on an Eagle trailer. I will be sure to now give it a thorough check as we tow to N MI about 2hrs away quite frequently. I hope Shorelander addresses this defect/issue as it poses a true danger not only to other drivers but my 4 little ones in the Yukon. Love this damn boat though, so fun! Please keep the posts and updates coming...

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks so much for all the posts and info. I also found a thread "Bouncy Shorelander Trailer." To my surprise this situation is happening to many owners as the incorrect tires(bias ply) were fitted to the trailers that specifically call for a radial tire. Long story short, I contacted Carlstar Group who manufactures the tires and they are sending me 5 radial replacements FOR FREE! Shorelander is also replacing the broken brackets. Go to this thread...it will give all necessary info for having your tires replaced! Thanks JB members!

IMG_0233.PNG

MIKEP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you replace the fender bracket? I can’t get the bolt out...

should I have the boat off? Will the suspension spring down when the bolt is out?

Attachments

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How do you replace the fender bracket? I can’t get the bolt out...

should I have the boat off? Will the suspension spring down when the bolt is out?
Help.....Having the same dilema....How did you ever get that bolt out? I have the new brackets, I just cant figure out how to get the bolt out without thinking the suspension will spring down/collapse or push up, and then not being able to align the hole again to put the bolt back in once the new bracket is on it.

evermeire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am dealing with the same issue with my 2015 Shorelandr 24' foot trailer that I just acquired. There aren't many Shorelandr trailer dealers in the state of Washington, so it has been tough to find a parts dealer and anyone in my area familiar with this issue. My trailer's VIN at Parts | ShoreLand'r©

Reveals the following details:
VIN: 1MDASAV29FA558157
Model: YAV50TCBLW-00
Model Year: 2015
Finish: GALV. / ALUM.
Frame: YAV50TCBLW/50TCBBLW
Mfg Date: 04/07/2014
Shipping Weight: 1240
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 6450
Tires:
ST215/75R/D14C

I am actually not sure of the part as the parts diagrams have a variety of trailers that match the model YAV50TCBLW

evermeire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The broken fender bracket is on both sides. I also need new tires as well. I have Carlisle Sport Trailer LH. I wish these tires had manufacture dates stamped on them. I see there is talk about using radial tires instead of bias ply.

Attachments

evermeire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is the trailer sticker on the inside drive’s side of the main frame.

Attachments

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you call Shoreland'r and explain the problem, they might just send you everything for free. Not sure if they've dialed that back as the issue is quite old now, but I got 5 new wheels and tires and a pair of fenders shipped to me for free at separate times. First the tires, and then my brackets broke later on.

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They sent me new fenders and brackets when I bought my 2016 used (in 2021).

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I contacted them through email about the problem and was told I would have to take it to the dealer.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I contacted them through email about the problem and was told I would have to take it to the dealer.
I didn't take to dealer, said they were too far away, they had me send pictures of the vin tag and they sent me the new fenders no charge.
I still have the new ones stored away. My brackets haven't cracked yet