• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 24 se limited

Dave berry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love boat GPS not good put my own in Yamaha blew it on the GPS

Most members do or use navionics.

That’s the new larger conneX, right? I was hoping that navigation system would be useable.

Dave what system you put in? Got time to post a pic?

The system that came terrible Yamaha should be ashamed beautiful boat with this gps I mou,Ted my 7 in smiord next to used phone holder holes powered at lighter no problem Does anyone know who software yamaha used dealer nor yamaha won,t answer or don,t know it is pretty that about it

Someone know this guy? Go check on him! He may be stroking! ?

I'm just fine gps on yamaha is terrible

I'm just fine gps on yamaha is terrible

Can you elaborate on your specific gripes with it?

I would have hoped that they would install an OEM system that would be up-gradable over time, but that is complicated. Most boat sellers have realized the need for add on GPS/Radar/etc systems and just design their dash board with open space to accommodate this (like they did with the FSH). I guess they are targeting more of the "Lake Boat" market with their open bow runabouts, so those of use that use them in the ocean end up with RAM mounted GPS units of our choice.

Is Dave drunk?
Don,t drink Terrible Gps ON MY NEW 24 foot Yamaha IF you got all the answers please let me know what soft ware who made gps for yamaha I will Make it easy for is it A Garman or other Brand BY the way used Cash to buy boat not bad for a drunk

Looks live Dave has been on the board sometime :)...Not bad at all with a full cash payment!!!

Congrats on the nice boat. With luck someone will come up with a way to improve the GPS on it. The OEM systems are generally "fixed"/"set" and there is not much incentive for the builder to make it better once they take your cash. Perhaps a module to implement at least screen mirror for cell phone so you could use Navionics or some other app near shore? Don't hold your breath, but be sure to compile your gripes and alert Yamaha corporate, at least that can help future users.

Can you elaborate on what you think doesn't work well? Perhaps others have come up with a work-around or other ways to do what you want it do to..

Your first two messages in the thread read like straight stream of consciousness, and the lack of commas, periods and breaks in some cases made it less than easy to read...that's probably the source of some of the humorous comments about your health and alcohol level. This board is pretty relaxed and folks are quite friendly, so stick around some more to see it for yourself. It is what is it, but adding a few commas and line breaks will go a long way to help folks get a good understanding of your comments and concerns.

Best of Luck!

Back