• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Charleston Pinopolis Lock Cooper River Run/ Hilton Head Gathering 5/12 and 5/13 2018

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As of now we are doing the full trip... me, wife and 3 kids in tow (4,3,1) calling my mom to see if she and my step dasd want to join the fun. If so we will have 7 total.

We will be driving up Friday and finding hotel room to stay at near put in.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Planning on getting handheld vhf for this... I will be getting a garmin 54cv for other trips and bimini 2019...

We have fenders ect, my mom will be coming as well as long as nothing comes up. Left msg for DM at shelter cove looking at hotels now for the night

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All set at Shelter Cove. Since we plan to run ahead early and give kids some downtime in Beaufort, it looks like there may be docking charges at Downtown Marina (after the first hour-no stated minimum). Only $.50/ft per hour. Just thought I would mention and don’t think that would require any reservation.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All set at Shelter Cove. Since we plan to run ahead early and give kids some downtime in Beaufort, it looks like there may be docking charges at Downtown Marina (after the first hour-no stated minimum). Only $.50/ft per hour. Just thought I would mention and don’t think that would require any reservation.
Yeah I saw that as well.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Andy S you have YDS? able to bring on trip and tell me exact hours on my motors? Plus anything else you may find (hope nothing)

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Too late to join? I was able to successfully add it to my wife’s calendar with her knowledge! Not sure if we would do the full Pinnopolis Locks to HH run. May start in Charleston.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Too late to join? I was able to successfully add it to my wife’s calendar with her knowledge! Not sure if we would do the full Pinnopolis Locks to HH run. May start in Charleston.
Never too late, glad to have you.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@GMAN2015 I will add you to the list for the Charleston to Hilton Head stretch if that changes and you decide to do the lock just let me know so I can move it. For some reason the edit button is missing on my end for the first post so it won't let me edit it to add you right now @Administrative

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@GMAN2015 I will add you to the list for the Charleston to Hilton Head stretch if that changes and you decide to do the lock just let me know so I can move it. For some reason the edit button is missing on my end for the first post so it won't let me edit it to add you right now @Administrative
I believe I made the correct change.

@Julian perhaps we should rethink that post edit time limit.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wisefam22 I keep a dedicated laptop with YDS in my boat, so I will be happy to help get a read on the trip. We may need to do that in Hilton Head since I plan to leave from Charleston Saturday morning.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well after some changes in plans for me @Joshua Miller @GMAN2015 @Seadeals I'm launching from WO Thomas Jr Ramp in Charleston instead of Remley's point this will likely be better for all of you any way. Its off of 526 in Charleston with better interstate access. Still keeping the same launch time though if any of you guys plan to launch else where just let me know and we will set up a spot to convene on the water probably on the ICW. Are any of you guys staying in Charleston Friday or are you guys driving in Saturday morning? Finally exactly one month out!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are staying in Mount Pleasant Friday night. Remley’s is “buried” but much closer and we may prefer to cut back across the bay on the water vs 526. Not decided yet; but will advise so we can start down Elliott Creek together.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ate a very intresting lunch on Charleston harbor yesterday. I should have listened closer to the specials as I thought I was getting a deep fried soft shell crab CAKE sandwich. What I got was an ENTIRE deep fried soft shell CRAB shell and all with all of the legs hanging out of the bun. I ate it and it was not bad but I do prefer the texture of the crab cakes better.

Moral of the story is listen closely when eating out on this trip.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ate a very intresting lunch on Charleston harbor yesterday. I should have listened closer to the specials as I thought I was getting a deep fried soft shell crab CAKE sandwich. What I got was an ENTIRE deep fried soft shell CRAB shell and all with all of the legs hanging out of the bun. I ate it and it was not bad but I do prefer the texture of the crab cakes better.

Moral of the story is listen closely when eating out on this trip.
Lol welcome to the south I was downtown in Charleston yesterday to buy just had a burger for lunch at Tbonz on market

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Well after some changes in plans for me @Joshua Miller @GMAN2015 @Seadeals I'm launching from WO Thomas Jr Ramp in Charleston instead of Remley's point this will likely be better for all of you any way. Its off of 526 in Charleston with better interstate access. Still keeping the same launch time though if any of you guys plan to launch else where just let me know and we will set up a spot to convene on the water probably on the ICW. Are any of you guys staying in Charleston Friday or are you guys driving in Saturday morning? Finally exactly one month out!
I still plan on driving down to Charleston on Friday and staying the night there. I'm fine to launch wherever you think is best.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well it looks like I'm officially out. A combination of family graduation party and Mother's Day has road blocked me. Maybe y'all will have too much fun and want to do it again later in the summer...

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well it looks like I'm officially out. A combination of family graduation party and Mother's Day has road blocked me. Maybe y'all will have too much fun and want to do it again later in the summer...
Don't feel too bad. I'm not throwing in the towel jus yet, but it's starting to look as tho I may face the same thing.

2 is better than 1 at using peer pressure to do another trip before summer is over.

Oscar0421

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately, not going be able to go. I had to cancel my reservations due to work. I will catch you guys next time.