• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Charleston Pinopolis Lock Cooper River Run/ Hilton Head Gathering 5/12 and 5/13 2018

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just saw this, planning on presenting to my wife this afternoon. My only hold up might be my sister law school graduation weekend prior in lexington virgina and the weekend after my sister wants to go camping around charlotte on lake somewhere.

We just got our 2006 sx230, I grew up on salt water Seattle/florida.

I figured she was going to call me crazy when I presented bimini to her but she was excited. We won't make this year but our 10 year anniversary is 2019 so we are looking at bimini then.

The boat has been used on inland lakes whole life besides adding sync tabs to it anything else y'll would recommend to prep boat for this/bimini?
Congrats on the new boat. The below thread should give you all the info you could want on whats needed for Bimini. Trim tabs are not necessary but a nice add for sure.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Might as well join the club... I'm picking up my boat next weekend and will be going on this trip as well. I was waiting to post until it was certain, but it is now!!! Now time to go back through 7 pages of preparation and make reservations and whatnot!!!! This will be the first "big trip" on the new boat and is my "mini-bimini" in preparation for the July fling!!!!!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are all set with hotels for our plan to launch Saturday morning at Remley Point for Hilton Head. My friend from two years ago also plans to join and will do the same in his SeaRay. @robert843 please let us know if your plan to head out early for Beaufort changes. We could use the navigation assistance and love the idea of landing there early to give the kids time to chill/explore before we head to HH. Still need to book marina.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Might as well join the club... I'm picking up my boat next weekend and will be going on this trip as well. I was waiting to post until it was certain, but it is now!!! Now time to go back through 7 pages of preparation and make reservations and whatnot!!!! This will be the first "big trip" on the new boat and is my "mini-bimini" in preparation for the July fling!!!!!
Welcome aboard @JeffVans congrats on the new boat we look forward to meeting you and this is a great first trip with the boat!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are all set with hotels for our plan to launch Saturday morning at Remley Point for Hilton Head. My friend from two years ago also plans to join and will do the same in his SeaRay. @robert843 please let us know if your plan to head out early for Beaufort changes. We could use the navigation assistance and love the idea of landing there early to give the kids time to chill/explore before we head to HH. Still need to book marina.
Still my plan only thing that could possibly change is the ramp right now I'm booked in another part of Charleston Friday night which would mean I will likely launch from the same ramp @Andy S used last year instead of Remley's Point but I will keep you posted.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @JeffVans congrats on the new boat we look forward to meeting you and this is a great first trip with the boat!
THANKS!!! I'm excited to join, the locks (while I'm sure in reality are long and boring game of "hurry up and wait") will be a really cool experience for me and the family!!!!! I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am confirmed for Hilton Head with reservations made. A coupke down the road will be joining and we will all be in one boat.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. The below thread should give you all the info you could want on whats needed for Bimini. Trim tabs are not necessary but a nice add for sure.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/
I'e read all that, besides having fuel, radio and nav is there anything else really neeed (outside of the general safety stuff on boat anyways)

Trim tabs aren't in the budget for this year and prob not next :/

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'e read all that, besides having fuel, radio and nav is there anything else really neeed (outside of the general safety stuff on boat anyways)

Obviously I have no "real world" experience with these boats, but I will say that trim tabs are the FIRST thing I'm doing to the boat. I'm ordering them tomorrow if Lectrotab gets back to me on the price... I'm not picking the boat up until next Friday. They seem like a must have item to me.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
THANKS!!! I'm excited to join, the locks (while I'm sure in reality are long and boring game of "hurry up and wait") will be a really cool experience for me and the family!!!!! I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!
This lock is massive so it a pretty cool experince

Those are the basic minimums correct. There are a lot of things you should bring basic tools spare parts and such and many other recommended items that add to safety and comfort on that trip but could the trip be made with all required offshore safety equipment, fuel, nav and vhf communication yes it could.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Speaking of basic minimums. I think there is a grocery store in walking distance on Hilton Head. The bars likley have top shelf burbon but if you want to enjoy top shelf Cigars with your Burbon you may want to add those to the list. Personally I am bringing a bottle of Basil Hayden’s dark rye and some Cohibas unless someone knows those are readily available in walking distance on Hilton Head. Priorities right :winkingthumbsup"

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Speaking of basic minimums. I think there is a grocery store in walking distance on Hilton Head. The bars likley have top shelf burbon but if you want to enjoy top shelf Cigars with your Burbon you may want to add those to the list. Personally I am bringing a bottle of Basil Hayden’s dark rye and some Cohibas unless someone knows those are readily available in walking distance on Hilton Head. Priorities right :winkingthumbsup"
Actually first priority is to make sure the head is clean, tp is is abundant, and to bring my wife’s favorite liquor and wine. I don’t want to end up tied to the anchor.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm a firm believer in the Bill Clinton concept.... Bring your own pleasure (whiskey, women, and cigars) so you can be sure you have it. hahahhaha

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So, even though this isn't an "offshore adventure", if you have a VHF radio and want to PM me your MMSI, I'll start and keep a list up of member's #s and post in this thread so we all have a central repository of everybody's info. I just bought my radios for Bimini and am going to save all of that info in it and would like to do the same on this trip. I'm not exactly sure how the rules on the forum works, but if I can make a list and pin it to the top of this thread I will, so we all have the info for those interested... Just an idea, let me know what y'all think....

Jeff

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Stumbling around on the site to this. Have heard from coworkers about hilton head. May need to put on bucket list!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, even though this isn't an "offshore adventure", if you have a VHF radio and want to PM me your MMSI, I'll start and keep a list up of member's #s and post in this thread so we all have a central repository of everybody's info. I just bought my radios for Bimini and am going to save all of that info in it and would like to do the same on this trip. I'm not exactly sure how the rules on the forum works, but if I can make a list and pin it to the top of this thread I will, so we all have the info for those interested... Just an idea, let me know what y'all think....

Jeff
I am sure you have the best intentions. I have no issue sending you my mmsi so that is it not required too many times but as in my Bimini post perhaps best coordinated by the group leaders who may decide to delegate. Also not something that I think we want posted in an open forum.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am sure you have the best intentions. I have no issue sending you my mmsi so that is it not required too many times but as in my Bimini post perhaps best coordinated by the group leaders who may decide to delegate. Also not something that I think we want posted in an open forum.
ahhh ok, yeah I was kinda wondering about that, I wasn't sure how "personal" that information was. Probably not as needed for this trip as it is for Bimini (DSC calling) but just figured I'd offer to take care of it. No big deal either way.

I guess I should have worded that better, "I am willing to compile the list of MMSIs, so the group leader doesn't have to do it (my way of actually contributing something to the trip. lol)"

Last edited:

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Stumbling around on the site to this. Have heard from coworkers about hilton head. May need to put on bucket list!
I haven't been on the trip yet but it seems fun, and going through the lock seems like a cool experience that not a lot of people will ever do. So, come on down!!!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
ahhh ok, yeah I was kinda wondering about that, I wasn't sure how "personal" that information was. Probably not as needed for this trip as it is for Bimini (DSC calling) but just figured I'd offer to take care of it. No big deal either way.
Several members have their mmsi listed on their forum signature, so maybe it isn’t that personal. I’m not sure.

Maybe a Google sheet shared with specific email addresses for trip attendees would be better. Just something that the Google bot isn’t going to pickup for general Internet consumption. :)

I don’t think anyone is going to discourage you from doing the work. Lol!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jeff
There are several threads that have a bunch of members MMSI numbers below are a few and I'm sure just before the Bimini trip they will start one again this year. I do not have an MMSI number so I'm not much help here but will usually post a link to my Inreach Satelitte GPS tracker on here before most trips.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimini-vhf-mmsi.5266/