• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Charleston Pinopolis Lock Cooper River Run/ Hilton Head Gathering 5/12 and 5/13 2018

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, after stumbling upon this site while researching the Bimini run(to do on my Sea Doo RXT not boat), and finding the @robert843 video (Carolina flag got my attention), I would love to do this run next year with y'all. Of course, I would have to trailer to either starting point as I reside at the end/turn around point.
Enjoy reading the trials and tribulations of the adventures (and the pics/vids) and want to meet up with you guys sometime for some cruising either in the Challenger or the RXT.
Brought my mom and step dad this year. This coming trip my inlaws want to come.

We will love to have ya!

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can't wait to do this run next year. I had just picked up my boat 5/19 so making this trip wasn't an option. But, I have made the Cooper river run to Charleston 6 or 7 times now in the past. We just went last month from the ramp right below the lock on the tail race down to Charleston and stayed overnight and then headed back up. But, my group has never gone further than Charleston and that is what I would like to do for sure! I hate a late season trip didn't end up panning out on here, so I'll be patiently waiting for early next season!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are gonna do Charleston to HHI and probably make it s full day on HHI this time my family is looking at a fri-sunday or friday-minday trip in may.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a little delayed for me but here is some footage from our run in late August clearing Jacksonville Fl to Hilton Head SC. @Andy S @Ramblin Wreck and @ACrews were all able to join

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a little delayed for me but here is some footage from our run in late August clearing Jacksonville Fl to Hilton Head SC. @Andy S @Ramblin Wreck and @ACrews were all able to join

How long of a run is that? My sister lives right off amelia island and thought about making run down to visit her.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How long of a run is that? My sister lives right off amelia island and thought about making run down to visit her.
I don’t recall the exact mileage it was around 200 though. I think it took about 11 hours on the way there that was including a fuel stop, lunch stop in savannah area and us getting pulled over by the water 5.0 for about 30 minutes.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My Garmin tracked 175 miles from Fernandina to Hilton Head

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I don’t recall the exact mileage it was around 200 though. I think it took about 11 hours on the way there that was including a fuel stop, lunch stop in savannah area and us getting pulled over by the water 5.0 for about 30 minutes.
Water 5.0 for 30 minutes? Sounds like the Coast Guard...

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pulled over by water 5.0 sounds like it could be interesting story. Good thing you dont have a kegerator on boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Water 5.0 for 30 minutes? Sounds like the Coast Guard...
Unfortunately no it was a sheriff Boat in Georgia. Apparently Georgia has multiple levels of no wake zones based on the size of the boat. We saw a sign that said resume safe speed so we proceeded to do so but apparently that sign was not for us. Worked out fine in the end he even gave us a restaurant recommendation

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Well if you have to get stopped, a good food/beverage suggestion is a good way to end it vs. the alternative...

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any plan on making this trip again in 2019 (Cooper River Run/HH)?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any plan on making this trip again in 2019 (Cooper River Run/HH)?
My family will make the run sometime in may. We wont do locks/cooper river this year. We will put in at Ramona in Charleston somewhere and then go to HHI.

the trip across lake/locks and river was fun we just want a little more time in HH

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am all in on a run to HH. I'll start up on the diversion canal or below the lock on the Tail Race Canal or something like that depending on group plans. I have done the run to Charleston plenty but never past Charleston down to HH. Plus, I had the new boat an entire season and never got to meet a single one of you! :( I need to fix that in 2019!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am all in on a run to HH. I'll start up on the diversion canal or below the lock on the Tail Race Canal or something like that depending on group plans. I have done the run to Charleston plenty but never past Charleston down to HH. Plus, I had the new boat an entire season and never got to meet a single one of you! :( I need to fix that in 2019!
The cooper river is awesome run. We will do that another year and then spend time around Charleston

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have big plans over the next couple years and not sure if I will do the lock run or Hilton Head run this year. Not sure if I plan to clear Florida or va to ny on the ICW next year but either will take a lot of my time so I’m may pass the organizing of this trip off to someone else next year while I work on my other trips.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have big plans over the next couple years and not sure if I will do the lock run or Hilton Head run this year. Not sure if I plan to clear Florida or va to ny on the ICW next year but either will take a lot of my time so I’m may pass the organizing of this trip off to someone else next year while I work on my other trips.
Don't be a buzz kill or a party pooper Robert! Just do all the above. We depend on you!

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hopefully someone else will take the lead on this. It will be my first trip and I'd rather go with someone that's made the trip before.

I'm interested in any of these trips in the NC, SC, GA area :) I've been boating exclusively on lakes the past several years and I'm ready to explore other areas. This is a large part of why I joined the Yamaha family and joined this board. Too bad winter is coming!!!

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hopefully someone else will take the lead on this. It will be my first trip and I'd rather go with someone that's made the trip before.

I'm interested in any of these trips in the NC, SC, GA area :) I've been boating exclusively on lakes the past several years and I'm ready to explore other areas. This is a large part of why I joined the Yamaha family and joined this board. Too bad winter is coming!!!
There are enough of us that I'm sure the trip will still happen even if @robert843 ditches us. We'll let him try to find new friends, but he knows we're his favorite.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Before a 2019 thread is started, we are thinking about making this a four day trip May 9-12 2019. Drive to and enjoy Charleston on the 9th (either boating locally or aquarium, etc. Then run to HH on the 10th stay there on the 11th to actually enjoy HH for a full day. We would return to Charleston and home on the 12th (Sunday-like last year). We are fairly comfortable running this solo if needed; but it would be great if anyone else is interested and saftey is in numbers.