• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 210 FSH Sport

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could be wrong but sounds like you have have something in the Starboard Pump/Impeller. Have you looked?

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, I looked, and nothing. I Was even stoped at a boat check for invasive aquatic species. They looked thoroughly through everything right before we launched. Usually get on plane almost immediately even with 10 people in the boat. I looked up the altitude of the lake, 4580’
that doesn’t seem that high to me and it would effect both engine’s the same wouldn’t it?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When one of my engines runs up to 8000 and the rev limiter kicks in, it is because the engine is having issues with thrust do to weeds in there. Once I do the reverse maneuver to clean them out I don't have an issue anymore.

Was just taking a shot at it for you.

Yes it would affect both engines, you are way to low on thrust.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would say 7200 RPM at high altitude sounds right. Black Hills must be 4000-5000' right?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just saw the previous post. Oops. Anyway, sounds like you are describing cavitation in the starboard engine.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You could also look at the sealant in the gaps in your intake. Mine were crap from factory, I ended up resealing them with life seal caulk. It seemed to give me about 2-3 more mph on average. But I boat in a lot of wind and current so it's hard to calculate, but I believe it made a difference. In your case it could be cause for cavitation.

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It certainly dosen't take much to get cavitation on these pumps. We were out yesterday and got stuck in the river waiting for the bridge to open up. Lots of duck weed floating around. Once on plain you could hear one of pumps just did not sound right. Ended up stopping and pulling the plugs and there was some duck weed still churning around. Also make sure there's not a small stick wedged on the prop. Removing the pump is very simple. Maybe worthwhile to simply pull it to check things out?

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I got under the boat and took a closer look at the intakes. Port side looks pretty good but the starboard side has minor damage to the prop. It must be from sucking up small rocks off the bottom.78F8ED38-366D-4770-A86B-0A679428CFAB.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I checked the props and they had nothing wrapped around them.
I did a GPS check with my phone we where traveling at 35mph.

I did notice that my RPM maxed out at around 7300/7500.
Do you guys hit the 8000 RPM mark?

Thanks for all the feed back on my questions.
maybe I can buy you a beer someday.

Just curious if you found your issue?

Thanks,