• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR210 Stiff Steering

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes bolt right on, no not in center position. Honestly easiest thing a I have done so far to the boat. Fed right through like butter through hull.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yes bolt right on, no not in center position. Honestly easiest thing a I have done so far to the boat. Fed right through like butter through hull.
guess it only matters if you want to center your steering wheel.....

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I laughed so hard, literally, out loud at this as I'm reading this because I was thinking the exact same thing to myself! One of those forehead slapping moments
Not gonna lie, when I went out to take the cable pictures I checked my wheel and made sure everything worked too lol.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
guess it only matters if you want to center your steering wheel.....
It was super easy to center my wheel after I re-assembled my steering system (after I disassembled it to lube and manually move the cables). Once the cable yokes were installed on the jets and the cables (and tie rods adjusted for proper tension), all I had to do was center the jets/rudder by hand. Then I turned the steering wheel (which otherwise just turns without stops) so the Yamaha logo pointed up, before re-attaching the rack to the steering column.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Steering is effortless now. Cables are smooth. Honestly smoother than when i put her in on day one. Pretty happy. Eyeballing, trolling motor mount now.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Steering is effortless now. Cables are smooth. Honestly smoother than when i put her in on day one. Pretty happy. Eyeballing, trolling motor mount now.
Are those cables anchored anywhere in the hull, or floating?

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you’re back up and running! Any clue as to what failed on the old cable?

I’d probably try and see if the dealer can claim warranty on that part and get you some money back.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Awesome!

This is such a great thread. Super informative.
Thanks for the play-by-play!

Looking forward to your trolling motor thread. 🤓

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are those cables anchored anywhere in the hull, or floating?
Cables both old and new where not anchored. Actually very easy thing to do. Got 4200 over all my clothes as usual.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I laughed so hard, literally, out loud at this as I'm reading this because I was thinking the exact same thing to myself! One of those forehead slapping moments
I would have been so mad if mine was locked up. I would have called @HangOutdoors and paid for him to come use his expertise to change mine as well. Hahaha

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do trolling motor now. You can figure out the cable failure later. Get that thing ready to go out.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations, it's a bouncing baby boy! LOL

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210508_152528.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed when I was moving my nozzles, I had water coming out of that black round ring, so it's not watertight, but mine is moving perfectly fine. Looks like I may need to consider lubing these up though

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like that is where it corroded on mine, the port side. Still going to possibly cut them apart. The rubber boot is just friction held, which is crap imho.

I am going to put some SS hose clamps, small, on the boot ends to hold them in place. Also going to slap Wax, basically toilet rings, all over the boots and shaft there and make that a maintenance item to check monthly. That should keep the water out for the most part.

Also, once I was done, I grabbed one of the fins and pulled, to my surprise the the nozzles moved very easily and the steering wheel turned. I know it wasn't like this new and it was a lot harder, since when I put on the CJS Fins originally I remember having to pull and push with more effort to move them. Perhaps mine had issues from the get go.

Can anyone else move their jets from side to side easily from the nozzle? Is that the norm?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for documenting this. Glad you were able to solve the issue.

What is the cable for in your picture (circled below)? Just don’t recall seeing this before.

C1F5CF14-DAD0-4222-812E-6DAC52FA7A08.jpeg