• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR210 Trolling Motor

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So after the all's said and done, how's it working out as a fishing machine? worth the mod; cost and time? would you rather have the FSH? I'm going through this issue myself, except I want to go a bit offshore on calm days.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Works great. I have been 10 miles off shore in the Great Lakes in a decent chop and it worked fine. Yes I would rather have a 25' FSH but 80k plus is not in the cards right now. The family likes lounging in the boat and I can use it to fish no problem. The tower gets in the way once in a while but really no complaints. It is as close as you can get to best of both for around 40k in boat. Since we are 50% Watersports (probably a bit more) and I do fishing the other part of the time, it works fine. Live well, walking all the way around the boat, etc. Would be nice but it is not a must have. there are work arounds.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Works great. I have been 10 miles off shore in the Great Lakes in a decent chop and it worked fine. Yes I would rather have a 25' FSH but 80k plus is not in the cards right now. The family likes lounging in the boat and I can use it to fish no problem. The tower gets in the way once in a while but really no complaints. It is as close as you can get to best of both for around 40k in boat. Since we are 50% Watersports (probably a bit more) and I do fishing the other part of the time, it works fine. Live well, walking all the way around the boat, etc. Would be nice but it is not a must have. there are work arounds.
The way you have your boat set up, you have the best of both worlds. Well done.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I love DIY threads and this has to be one of my favorites! :)

Such a clean and innovative installation. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I was going to use the Anchor Locker but decided that I wanted to use the anchor locker while on the water with the trolling motor. I set it up so that I can put the trolling motor on and still do a day of tubing and other watersports, use the front ladder and/or bow for getting into the boat, etc. I keep all of my tow ropes and a couple of fenders in my anchor locker. Also with it off to the side, it doesn't impede my vision while driving and the kids whom sit over in that bow seat are not impaired with it.

Best I could figure out to do to.