• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 252 FSH Opinion

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was invited out on a 252 FSH this morning in LSC to do a bit a trolling and check out the boat. Had a couple of hours to kill before getting into the office.

What a fantastic boat. Handles the chop so much better than my boat. Makes me think about going in that direction maybe for the 2023 models when things hopefully stabilize a bit more. I liked everything about it. Price point is on the high end for us, but still. I would at least have a year or so to work on the Admiral with the long game......

Also the size, I felt, wasn't too over the top to drop in some of the 800-1000 acre lakes around here for water sports. Would love to see a revamped 22' foot FSH with a more palatable price point.

Great Boat!

I'm considering going to a 25' 255XD eventually too - however it's really hard to even talk to the dealerships about it right now. "Price is going up 10%, we can't get them in, but you still have to put money down on a 2022/23 today to get on the list..."

Thanks, but no thanks, looks like I'll run out the warranty on the 2020 before considering another new boat.

@anmut I am of the same mind. Will have to wait and see what happens with everything and how all of this shakes out. Sooner or later this is going to take a turn. Maybe a gently used 252 FSH that someone needs to get out from under next summer or fall could be in my future :) I can get on the water now and am modded enough to do fishing and trolling and handle the open water. But it is nice to dream and see what a solid fishing boat is like.

Maybe a gently used 252 FSH that someone needs to get out from under next summer or fall could be in my future :)
That's where I'm at. Sit and wait.

We're doing a big "undig from debt" push right now, and adding a giant boat to that list isn't in the works. However, I'm keeping my eyes open for a decent deal to come along on several different boats. 252FSH is one of them. AR240, 212S/X are also on the list.

I would love to have something new, but I am NOT dipping my toe into the wierd as dammit market we have going on right now. We've debated on selling ours for profit now (one of the few things we owe less than it's worth on), and sitting tight for a few years. Holding us back is the 10yr old. He'll be 13 in a few years, and will mostly likely change his perception of dad from Hero to Zero in that time frame, and I don't want to lose those years of boating with him.

Glad to hear someone else got out on a 252 though. We only have a few review threads here, and a few people own them. IMO, they're still largely only found "out in the wild".

@anmut I am of the same mind. Will have to wait and see what happens with everything and how all of this shakes out. Sooner or later this is going to take a turn. Maybe a gently used 252 FSH that someone needs to get out from under next summer or fall could be in my future :) I can get on the water now and am modded enough to do fishing and trolling and handle the open water. But it is nice to dream and see what a solid fishing boat is like.

Yeah, it's REALLY tempting to sell our boat right now, and just wait for the eventual collapse of pricing. However that could be another 12-18 months, maybe longer. Hard to make up that family time with the kids just because a guy wanted to get the best deal.

It's REALLY pissing me off that dealerships are basically snubbing good customers and gouging as much as possible. That will be remembered when I purchase my next boat.

@HangOutdoors, just think of all of the work you've done, you'll have to do it all over again

With that being said, I had a 19' for a year or two and realized it was too small. Even the 24' I have could be larger, but i'm happy.

The one thing missing from my boat is a trolling motor. I am not a serious fisherman, but without an electric motor you either leave on the boat motors, throw an anchor or start the boat and move after you drift for a few minutes. It would be SOOOOO nice to drop a trolling motor in and move the boat around the weeds for bass etc..

I would love to attach/detach one of the high end trolling motors to the bow or aft of the boat.

@2kwik4u and @anmut Totally get it. The Admirals Girls are 14 and 16 and being without a boat for any part of our short summers would cost those memories for the Admiral and she would not be too happy. Figure if I bust ass on paying it down than I will have more to put down on a boat purchase down the road.

@Michael Rasmussen Don't get me wrong the 252 FSH is awesome, but my boat with the trolling I put on it changed in usability dramatically. Yes the tower gets in the way a bit, but nothing better than sitting or standing on the swim deck trolling or casting with the remote in my hand cruising along fishing. Pulled out the fly rod and was going around the reeds one morning in a few feet of water, it was fantastic. Its funny the looks and stares I get. People at the ramp asking who added the trolling motor and how is it working out.
The 80# is fine for my boat. I would think on yours you would need the 112# 36v. The install wasn't bad, once I figured out how I was going to do the mount and actually committed to the design.

Also the way I installed the Transducer and Chart/plotter as well as the trolling motor, if someone doesn't want to pay the premium for those items when I go to sell, I can easily remove them and you would barely know they were there.

The big thing I liked about the FSH was walking all the way around and the openness of it.

you put a trolling motor on? Pics or write up? I was thinking of some mounting surface off of the bow. I fish off of the swim platform, would be awesome to have the motor, or at least the controls, there.

@Michael Rasmussen You must have missed the thread. Pages of Pics and write up and suggestions from members. Here it is the journey I took in doing it. Also with the MinnKota it comes with a handheld remote so I can control it from anywhere on the boat or off. Seen bass fisherman launch their boats and put spot lock on about their boat with no one in it aways from the launch. When they park their trucks and come back they push a button and it comes back to them at the dock. I have been toying with the idea to try that, just cause, but I am un easy about it.

The thing I like best about the 252 FSH is the captains chair seating, and the seating right behind it. It is SO much better than the 190/210 it's crazy. I live near some fairly large lakes in MN and the extra size, on those lakes would also be welcome. I'm hoping in 5 years we'll have property on one of those lakes and then a 252/255 would be in the cards for sure.

@2kwik4u and @anmut Totally get it. The Admirals Girls are 14 and 16 and being without a boat for any part of our short summers would cost those memories for the Admiral and she would not be too happy. Figure if I bust ass on paying it down than I will have more to put down on a boat purchase down the road.

@Michael Rasmussen Don't get me wrong the 252 FSH is awesome, but my boat with the trolling I put on it changed in usability dramatically. Yes the tower gets in the way a bit, but nothing better than sitting or standing on the swim deck trolling or casting with the remote in my hand cruising along fishing. Pulled out the fly rod and was going around the reeds one morning in a few feet of water, it was fantastic. Its funny the looks and stares I get. People at the ramp asking who added the trolling motor and how is it working out.
The 80# is fine for my boat. I would think on yours you would need the 112# 36v. The install wasn't bad, once I figured out how I was going to do the mount and actually committed to the design.

Also the way I installed the Transducer and Chart/plotter as well as the trolling motor, if someone doesn't want to pay the premium for those items when I go to sell, I can easily remove them and you would barely know they were there.

The big thing I liked about the FSH was walking all the way around and the openness of it.

@HangOutdoors Thanks for the ride report!

Being able to walk all the way around while other people are on the boat is a great feature of the CC boats. Along with that is the T top posts, always a place to grab on while underway or stopped and hanging out. Just did another marathon day on the water yesterday, all day comfort, put in @ 0500hrs and took the boat out around 1900hrs, first time I’ve completely exhausted the trolling motor batteries (got 7 hours @1.8mph). (Fun fact, when that happens with the RipTide Ulterra it just won’t go anymore and it beeps at you to let you know I’m not moving to make sure there is enough battery left over to stow the motor.)

I was invited out on a 252 FSH this morning in LSC to do a bit a trolling and check out the boat. Had a couple of hours to kill before getting into the office.

What a fantastic boat. Handles the chop so much better than my boat. Makes me think about going in that direction maybe for the 2023 models when things hopefully stabilize a bit more. I liked everything about it. Price point is on the high end for us, but still. I would at least have a year or so to work on the Admiral with the long game......

Also the size, I felt, wasn't too over the top to drop in some of the 800-1000 acre lakes around here for water sports. Would love to see a revamped 22' foot FSH with a more palatable price point.

Great Boat!

Do you think it’s just the larger size that gives it a better ride? Or does the FSH have a different hull design?

Probably weight plays a big part and displacement.

Similar question - have you been in a 240 and is the 250 substantially better in chop?

Now that I have plenty of garage and tow vehicle one of the e series is looking pretty nice.

I have been in a 240 but it was a much calmer day, last year and only for a brief ride. Didn't feel much different from my boat in those conditions.

The 25' felt good in the conditions we were in. 1-2' footers, non directional chop and some white caps. Still bouncing around a bit. The waves on LSC in the bay are weird sometimes. I am sure some of it was my excitement to go out in the boat. Really wanted the Admiral to join but she said she wasn't getting up early on her day off to go fishing. :rolleyes:

I have been in a 240 but it was a much calmer day, last year and only for a brief ride. Didn't feel much different from my boat in those conditions.

The 25' felt good in the conditions we were in. 1-2' footers, non directional chop and some white caps. Still bouncing around a bit. The waves on LSC in the bay are weird sometimes. I am sure some of it was my excitement to go out in the boat. Really wanted the Admiral to join but she said she wasn't getting up early on her day off to go fishing. :rolleyes:
Thanks.

I was bummed the first day I went out in my 21’ when all the surf boats were out. I expected it to handle the waves better. 2’ waves are not very fun in these.

Nothing is fun with the surf boats out. I usually just pull the kids tubing a bit slow and let them bounce over the big wakes.

2022 252 fsh just rolled in. The base price was over 85k after tax/dealer fees/ freight/warranty/service plan/ gap insurance was over 105k after 2500 down payment. I’d say that’s a significant increase. I had a deposit on a 2021 255 fsh since November and it was canceled last month. Dealer called today that he had a 22 252 so I went and got that.
They still didnt even know the colors until the shrink wrap cover came off. Y’all this thing is so much more palatable that the 21’s colors. I asked about the other colors and they didn’t know those either. But hey I should’ve be picking it up Friday! They told me the official release should be mid month.

Man Good for you. That is a really nice boat. Looking forward to some of the pictures. Wonder if there are any changes on it from the 2021's.

$105k is something I can't swing on a boat. My dreams of a 25' FSH are dwindling. I will have to live vicariously through other members boats:)

Last edited:
Man Good for you. $105k is something I can't swing on a boat. My dreams of a 25' FSH are dwindling.
It’s absolutely appalling to think that something that used to be very affordable ballooned out of control in just a few short months. I just hope I didn’t over pay so that I’m not totally screwed when out time to upgrade.

Back