• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Factory Boat Issues ?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well good thing I called Yamaha and asked about the warranty. I currently have no warranty on the boat because the dealership hasn't done a warranty release yet telling Yamaha I own the boat. The guy I talked to said that I will be hard pressed to be in their system by my Monday service date. The closer I get to the start of the season the harder it is going to be to get in to have the work done. Just getting better by the minute!!!
Relax, go and get the work done and by the time it gets done your boat will be in the system. If not and you have to pay out of pocket Yamaha will reimburse you. Focus on the positive, you have a boat with some minor, albeit annoying issues, that will be taken care of and you will have a great time on your boat over the next several months.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport HAHAHA you must be single. No married man starts any sentence with relax :D. But thanks, I called both dealers and we should be good to go.
Or "calm down" LOL!!!

Good deal on getting your good to go! Many hours of enjoyment are ahead!

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a small update on the new boat. The dealer told me that they found silicone in the clean out of the left clean out but no issues with the right. They also said they had no issues on the pond with either engine. They later called back and asked me if I wanted them to take it out on the lake to really check it out. They told me that it is a $150 charge and isn't covered under warranty. I told them that since I ha e to travel two hours to them I wanted it right before dragging it back and it was well worth the $150. They called this morning and said you were right there is definitely something wrong with that right engine. They are tearing into it now and hopefully I will know something tomorrow.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a small update on the new boat. The dealer told me that they found silicone in the clean out of the left clean out but no issues with the right. They also said they had no issues on the pond with either engine. They later called back and asked me if I wanted them to take it out on the lake to really check it out. They told me that it is a $150 charge and isn't covered under warranty. I told them that since I ha e to travel two hours to them I wanted it right before dragging it back and it was well worth the $150. They called this morning and said you were right there is definitely something wrong with that right engine. They are tearing into it now and hopefully I will know something tomorrow.
Sorry to hear that it wasn’t a super simple fix...but money well spent to have them take it out put it through its paces.. hope it is a relatively simple fix.

Wheelspin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Good job sticking to your guns. Every time I have ever thought "maybe they were right and it's fine" and caved, I have regretted it.

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I stopped by the dealership today while traveling through the area for work and spoke with the tech working on my boat. He said that he is really stumped about what is happening. He said when he puts it in the small pond next to the service shop and revs the engine they have no issues, but in the lake they see it. He has been on the phone with Yamaha multiple times and now they are asking for video of what's going on. The tech has switches the pumps from one side to the other to see if that makes a difference. Just waiting on warmer weather for them to take it out.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I stopped by the dealership today while traveling through the area for work and spoke with the tech working on my boat. He said that he is really stumped about what is happening. He said when he puts it in the small pond next to the service shop and revs the engine they have no issues, but in the lake they see it. He has been on the phone with Yamaha multiple times and now they are asking for video of what's going on. The tech has switches the pumps from one side to the other to see if that makes a difference. Just waiting on warmer weather for them to take it out.

Hope they get it sorted quickly!!

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update.....

The dealership says the issue has now been fixed. According to the service department the intake grill on the starboard side was slightly crocked when installed. This slight offset was enough to cause cavitation when taking off. They ended up taking the boat out on the lake 3 times before finally figuring out the issue. I picked it up yesterday and haven't had a chance to take it out myself yet, but I am pretty excited to get out on the water. I hope this issue isn't a preview of what owning a 2021 is going to be like. I hope this helps someone else with this issue.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Update.....

The dealership says the issue has now been fixed. According to the service department the intake grill on the starboard side was slightly crocked when installed. This slight offset was enough to cause cavitation when taking off. They ended up taking the boat out on the lake 3 times before finally figuring out the issue. I picked it up yesterday and haven't had a chance to take it out myself yet, but I am pretty excited to get out on the water. I hope this issue isn't a preview of what owning a 2021 is going to be like. I hope this helps someone else with this issue.
Well at least they found the problem! I hope that it is all smooth sailing from here on out for you!

Let us know how it works!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Update.....

How’s your boat working??? All good?

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How’s your boat working??? All good?
Unfortunately I don't know yet. The weather hasn't been great here in SE Ohio and the River is really high and muddy. If I can get a nice day on a weekend I will trailer it up to a lake and test it out. After the amount of time they had it on the water I am pretty confident that it is fixed. They got the boat with .2 hours on each engine and I got it back with 1.6 on each lol. Although I am thinking I may need to rename the boat from No Proplems to All the Proplems haha

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unfortunately I don't know yet. The weather hasn't been great here in SE Ohio and the River is really high and muddy. If I can get a nice day on a weekend I will trailer it up to a lake and test it out. After the amount of time they had it on the water I am pretty confident that it is fixed. They got the boat with .2 hours on each engine and I got it back with 1.6 on each lol. Although I am thinking I may need to rename the boat from No Proplems to All the Proplems haha
Right on…. Hope you can get out on it soon and not have to change the name of the boat!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How goes it ? All good ?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Cocked intake grate... weird. Happy you got it fixed! #covidbuilt

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So far so good. She seems to be running like a champ and the family is enjoying her a lot. Thanks for asking.
Right on! Glad its all sorted!