• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

EastonRob

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow, nice tuna. That looks like a lot of fun.

I'm taking the boat I'm targeting out for a sea trial this Tuesday. Looks like a high of 45 and some decent wind forecast. Could be fun.

Anything really specific I should look for during the trial? One thing is I want my wife (and me for that matter) to hear the noise level at speed and make sure she's comfortable with it.

Thanks for everyone' help.

EastonRob

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Drifting throttles are usually the main thing that might need to be addressed.
That's just a maintenance or adjustment task, correct? I assume that wouldn't fall in the category or "fundamental issues," hopefully, correct?

Thanks, Zack.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It happened on mine, and it happens on a lot of these jet boats.
It's nothing to be concerned with, it can be easily adjusted.
Just be aware that it's probably something you will see but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

I'm not a mechanic, but I believe you said it had not had its 10-hour servicing yet.
I would definitely have that done professionally by a Yamaha dealer.

EastonRob

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It happened on mine, and it happens on a lot of these jet boats.
It's nothing to be concerned with, it can be easily adjusted.
Just be aware that it's probably something you will see but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

I'm not a mechanic, but I believe you said it had not had its 10-hour servicing yet.
I would definitely have that done professionally by a Yamaha dealer.
OK, cool, thanks Zack. That makes sense.

Correct, has not had the 20 hour maintenance. I dropped in to the local dealer last week and gave him a heads up that I would likely bring it by for the service and winterization. I want to make sure both of those get done before it goes into hibernation where I plan on storing it. After that I'd prefer to do most/everything myself.

EastonRob

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got to do a sea trial today on the Chester River. 44 degrees and about an 8 to 10 knot head wind 🥶. But all went well. It wasn't as noisy as I feared, and it handled well, although there was a noticeable pull to starboard which may have been the wind or it may require some adjustment on the thrusters (I assume that's what I would need to do, but need to do some research). It's definitely lighter than my old Grady White. My wife loved it, so we're diving in and will officially be a jet boat owner before too long. Too bad it's just gonna sit outside until April or May...

Anyway, I greatly appreciate everyone's input and support. I plan on hanging around here to learn and contribute where I can. Thanks again!

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finally received my custom SeaDek order.
Matches the factory SeaDek perfectly!
Love the fish ruler!
Thanks @JetBoatPilot !

View attachment 167443

View attachment 167444

View attachment 167445

View attachment 167446

View attachment 167447

View attachment 167448
Zack, that looks awesome! Do you mind sharing the place you got it and the rough cost of the SeaDeck? I have a 2021 252 and my interior is the light brown color. I'd love to get some of that on my boat as well. Thanks!

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last edited:

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Jetboatpilot.com for the SeaDek
I got it during that promotional group order.
I think it was around $1,000 or so?

Here's what I requested:
From the cockpit kit, #22, 23, 25, 26.
From the swimdeck kit, #3, 4, 5, 6.
Also a 36" fish ruler.
Thats awesome! Thank you! How was the color match? From what my dealer told me the Sea Deck is not what Yamaha uses now, they use Marine Tek mats in a champagne beige for my boat.

FamFish

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put my deposit down April 2021 and the dealer called me up on November 1st to inform me my boat had arrived. I will never forget that phone call. I picked the FSH 252 up on November 12th. I live down in south west Louisiana so we don't have much of a winter. I have taken the boat out 3 times since picking it up. I would have taken it out more but I enjoy hunting and being in the woods. Below is my pros and cons.
Pros
-The boat is very comfortable, I have had 6 adults on boat with plenty of room to spare. Waves from other boats are barely noticeable. I have not been on big open water yet.
-Love the yamaha 7” control screen and Simrad 12” navigation / fish finder screen.
-Easy to pull and launch. Easy to drive but I need to upgrade the rear fin to help improve tracking.

Cons
-Boat was missing the table leg but the dealer will ship to me eventual. Not the end of the world but would like to have the table leg before spring.
-Like so many others I had striped screws in fiberglass. I have watched several YouTube videos on this and plan to fix it myself. I talked to dealer and they said they would fix it but its a 4 hour drive. I‘m a do it your self guy so I will fix it.
-At slow speed you are constanly working the steering wheel. I plan to upgrade the rear fin as mentioned above.
-I know everyone said it was load but dang it is load. I‘m doing my research and plan to make some upgrades to make the boat quieter.

Over all I really like the boat and I’m happy with the purchase. All three trips have been fun family cruzing trips. I have not gone fishing yet. I just finished the trolling motor install. I did the install myself and I’m very happy with the outcome. I cant wait to go fishing and give it a field trial test. I went with the MotorGuid Xi5 105 lbs thrust with the 72” shaft. I think its 72“, I know its the longest one I found on MotorGuid web site. I went with MotorGuid because I would like to eventually hook the backbone cable up from Simrad to MotorGuid. I took a lot of pictures of the install as it progressed and hope I can find time to share the install with you guys one day. Happy boating.

Attachments

TexAg-00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Howdy all- I just posted this in a different forum on here but thought I’d put it here as well. Regarding my trolling motor solution for the 255. Hit me up if you have any questions!

Hey folks- thought I’d share my setup as it might interest some people on here. I went w a 36V Motorguide (72” shaft) on my 255FSH. For the mount I used a shuttleslide and could not be happier. Excellent build quality and top notch customer service. I did everything myself because of how shuttleslide made their product pretty easy to install. When picking the correct mount, just email them and they’ll work with you to get the exact one for your boat. Being able to retract the trolling motor when not in use is pretty awesome. Let me know if you have any questions.

P.S. I also did lithium batteries with an onboard charger. R2-D2 (that’s what the kids call the trolling motor because of how it beeps when going into anchor lock) will hold us in place all day on those batteries. Love it.

Attachments

Jdgars

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Howdy all- I just posted this in a different forum on here but thought I’d put it here as well. Regarding my trolling motor solution for the 255. Hit me up if you have any questions!

Hey folks- thought I’d share my setup as it might interest some people on here. I went w a 36V Motorguide (72” shaft) on my 255FSH. For the mount I used a shuttleslide and could not be happier. Excellent build quality and top notch customer service. I did everything myself because of how shuttleslide made their product pretty easy to install. When picking the correct mount, just email them and they’ll work with you to get the exact one for your boat. Being able to retract the trolling motor when not in use is pretty awesome. Let me know if you have any questions.

P.S. I also did lithium batteries with an onboard charger. R2-D2 (that’s what the kids call the trolling motor because of how it beeps when going into anchor lock) will hold us in place all day on those batteries. Love it.
Do you know model number and size of mount u bought from them?

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mount:
SS-7-UHD

Extension plate (you’ll need it):
BMAP-RE (you have to ask for the long (6”) version in your order form).

All in it cost ~$350 w shipping. Well worth it!
I did the exact same. And I used a Minn Kota quick release with my MotorGuide because it's WAY more solid than the mushy/wiggly Motorguide mount.

Also, I mounted mine on the starboard side, because my dock is configured so that I board from the port side. Plus the fuel cap is on the port side, so pretty much 99% of the time I'm docking, I'm tying up on the port side, and I didn't want the trolling motor to be a tripping hazard.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mount:
SS-7-UHD

Extension plate (you’ll need it):
BMAP-RE (you have to ask for the long (6”) version in your order form).

All in it cost ~$350 w shipping. Well worth it!
Thanks for the info. I may go this route.
Does the sliding mechanism "lock in" when deployed? Wondering what keeps it from sliding while in use.

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length

I have the exact same trolling motor on my 255 and have tried (with no luck) to connect it to the Simrad interface. It's actually connected but is causing all kinds of other issues with the remote and satellite. Wondering if you've connected the two on your boat or just operating off of remote only?