• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You may want to check for a firmware update on the Simrad.
I believe I connected mine to WiFi and upgraded firmware, and maps.

Are you connecting it with NMEA 2000?
If so, have you installed a NMEA 2000 Network and backbone?
Do you see the Trolling Motor show up in the device list?

See examples below.

FYI: This is the kit I'm using for anyone interested.
You can expand it to suit your needs.

Ancor Marine Grade Products NMEA 2000 Backbone Cables Drop Cables Tees Terminators Kits Amazon.com: Ancor Marine Grade Products NMEA 2000 Dual Device Starter Kit, Medium : Electronics

Last edited:

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
You may want to check for a firmware update on the Simrad.
I believe I connected mine to WiFi and upgraded firmware, and maps.

Are you connecting it with NMEA 2000?
If so, have you installed a NMEA 2000 Network and backbone?
Do you see the Trolling Motor show up in the device list?

See examples below.

FYI: This is the kit I'm using for anyone interested.
You can expand it to suit your needs.

Ancor Marine Grade Products NMEA 2000 Backbone Cables Drop Cables Tees Terminators Kits Amazon.com: Ancor Marine Grade Products NMEA 2000 Dual Device Starter Kit, Medium : Electronics
I had a shop do it, but it is connected w/ NMEA 2000 and the gateway. The trolling motor shows up on the Simrad, and oddly enough the controls on the Simrad actually function well. It's the remote functions that aren't all working all the time that don't make sense. The Xi5 is definitely linked to the remote and to the Simrad, but the remote just loses functionality at some point and becomes useless. I've seen on YouTube where there is a sequence to powering on the Simrad and Xi5, but haven't figured that out. Do you know anything about that Zack?

TexAg-00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I may go this route.
Does the sliding mechanism "lock in" when deployed? Wondering what keeps it from sliding while in use.
When installing the shuttleslide, you basically torque down/sandwich the middle plate with the sliding mechanism to a tightness/friction that you’re comfortable with. The more you torque it down, the stiffer the slide. I’ve got mine set to where, with a little ooomph I can have it in either position (deployed or retracted). It has never come loose while running and in the retracted position. (and that includes running in some pretty big chop). It just works. I’m sure the folks at shuttleslide have a more technical answer though, haha.

TexAg-00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Different topic: anyone attempt to sound-deaden their engine compartment yet? I may post this same question in a broader jetboaters forum but thought I’d check w FSH owners first. The noise level when running is my only remaining gripe.
BTW- Zack’s audio posted convinced me to buy the kicker head unit and copy his project! Head unit shows up on Sat.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How did you route the antenna cable to the marine radio?
if you do a search I think you will find that someone has done this already… it may be in a 255 FSH thread. If memory serves you can only use one-side of the uprights..

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
yes. 72. Perfect size even in chop.

group 26 marine batteries. I bought $100 ones from Napa and they’ve been fine. Noco onboard charger with charging plug.

considered lithium but couldn’t justify cost. And I’m not worried about 3 batteries on this big hammer. It can haul em no problem. Centered in changing room, forward.
Any problem running the cable to the motor?

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When installing the shuttleslide, you basically torque down/sandwich the middle plate with the sliding mechanism to a tightness/friction that you’re comfortable with. The more you torque it down, the stiffer the slide. I’ve got mine set to where, with a little ooomph I can have it in either position (deployed or retracted). It has never come loose while running and in the retracted position. (and that includes running in some pretty big chop). It just works. I’m sure the folks at shuttleslide have a more technical answer though, haha.
Thanks. I contacted them earlier this week and they answered all my questions and then some. They were eager to help and quick to reply. Plus I found out they're located about 20 miles from me. I placed my order and should have it Monday so hopefully I'll get it installed for the weekend.

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Different topic: anyone attempt to sound-deaden their engine compartment yet? I may post this same question in a broader jetboaters forum but thought I’d check w FSH owners first. The noise level when running is my only remaining gripe.
BTW- Zack’s audio posted convinced me to buy the kicker head unit and copy his project! Head unit shows up on Sat.
I bought some under-hood thermal acoustic lining for mine but haven't installed it. I'm hoping at least it will deaden some of the noise and resonance I get from mine at higher rpms.

Boom Mat Under-Hood Thermal Acoustic Lining

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I took my 252 FSH on its maiden voyage yesterday on the Indian/Banana River in central FL. I absolutely love the boat although it does have a couple of things that I need to address. The steering really is sluggish at slow speeds. You need to think a couple of seconds ahead when below 10mph. One of the vector thrust kits is in my near future to remedy this. The port engine lever likes to "walk back" reducing rpms even in cruise assist. This requires you to keep a hand on it while on your way. And as Zackdadams made clear in earlier posts, the sound system is basically useless unless the engines are off. Even at full volume I couldn't even tell it was playing above around 3000 rpm. Plus the boat didn't magically make me a better fisherman. 🤷‍♂️

Those small issues aside, it's a great boat and everyone had a fantastic time. I have zero buyer's remorse. We're planning one taking it offshore out of Sebastian Inlet this weekend if the weather cooperates. My weekend productivity just took a nosedive. :)
Hey. I’m in Sat beach and plan to take mine new 252 to Sabastian when weather warms up. Would like to see your’s as well.

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I bought some under-hood thermal acoustic lining for mine but haven't installed it. I'm hoping at least it will deaden some of the noise and resonance I get from mine at higher rpms.

Boom Mat Under-Hood Thermal Acoustic Lining
I just finished wrapping the mufflers with insulation and most of the mufflers compartment and underside of clean out cover the best I could , also two large thick yoga mats will be over the engines , lol, And also installed Jeff’s steering fins ,, Have not taken her out yet to see or hear the difference " to cold " but will keep you guys posted ! Any other idea's guy's for the noise ,,,would like to hear ??? I’m Here in Satellite beach, Fl

Attachments

Last edited:

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey. I’m in Sat beach and plan to take mine new 252 to Sabastian when weather warms up. Would like to see your’s as well.
Nice. I love mine. I usually launch from Ballard Park and make a beautiful sunrise run down to Sebastian. I'm hope to take it out this weekend but it may still be a bit cold for my Florida blood. Lol.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice. I love mine. I usually launch from Ballard Park and make a beautiful sunrise run down to Sebastian. I'm hope to take it out this weekend but it may still be a bit cold for my Florida blood. Lol.
Quickly looked this up, seems to be around a 20 mile run to the inlet. Are there no wake zones to contend with? Not overly familiar with that water way, but it’s on the list of places to check out…

(I did sea trial my wave runner from Ballard Park a few years back and appreciated the short jaunt from the ramp to the ICW).

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quickly looked this up, seems to be around a 20 mile run to the inlet. Are there no wake zones to contend with? Not overly familiar with that water way, but it’s on the list of places to check out…

(I did sea trial my wave runner from Ballard Park a few years back and appreciated the short jaunt from the ramp to the ICW).
Once you're past the minimum wake zone from Ballard and near the channel, you can run full throttle all the way to Sebastian.

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
LETS HOOK UP SOON, TO COLD STILL FOR ME THIS WEEKEND , BUD BALLARD PARK SOUNDS GOOD TO MEET , HEADING TO THE RIVER RANCH CAR SHOW SAT !

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unless I've missed it, why haven't any of you Pros posted a walkthrough of your trolling motor installations?

Many of us are still planning ours, and could benefit from it.
Thanks

YamSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My new FSH has been at the dealer since September. Yamaha doesn't have a valid fix for a drainage issue for the starboard bow insulated locker. The dealer wants me to get the boat without fixing the fact that the locker doesn't drain at all. I'm not sure if that's something I want to accept as a solution. Any suggestions on how to handle this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My new FSH has been at the dealer since September. Yamaha doesn't have a valid fix for a drainage issue for the starboard bow insulated locker. The dealer wants me to get the boat without fixing the fact that the locker doesn't drain at all. I'm not sure if that's something I want to accept as a solution. Any suggestions on how to handle this would be appreciated.
What does that mean, a valid fix? It’s the ice box, it should just drain over the side.

YamSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What does that mean, a valid fix? It’s the ice box, it should just drain over the side.
When I noticed the ice box would not drain, I put a blower to it and it did push some water out the side. The dealer thinks the drain hose has been installed higher than the ice box. Shouldn't the dealer snake it and see where it goes at least to verify the issue? Or do I need to call a plumber?

Also, I received a box with letter and a black towel last week thanking me for buying a new Wave Runner. I did not buy a new wave runner though. Has anyone else received this by mistake?

Last edited: