• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Tampa Airfest

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Good Morning
The Tampa Air Show is back for the first time in a few years. Does anyone know what side of the MacDill Air Force Base would be the best place to anchor and watch the airshow?

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have only been to the show on base, but now that we have our boat, might be worth watching from the water. We used to watch the air show in Cleveland by boat.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have never been, I am interested though.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Last edited:

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Out front of the Enlisted Club ;-). Pre Covid the McDill club had seafood night- bucket of crab legs. You probably wont be allowed to be in the beach/marina area and the daily commuter docking area will probably be closed but you can call and ask. https://macdillfss.com/wp-content/uploads/OutdoorRec_Brochure.pdf Military ID may be required.

I havent seen the Coast Guard safety box but the airspace is going to be closed; anywhere off the RWY 23 (230) approach end and I am guessing southwest might be good. Our static display A-10 teams used to do gun loads for the local airshows, probably wont see that there if you buy box seats at McDill. Fun times!

Restricted airspace air box:

sect_2_4327.gif

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Fantastic! Thank you for the info. I'm sure there will be a mass amount of boats, and follow the planes [flag]

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Beer Can Island / Pine Key, East side of the base. You can anchor off the island and hang out on the island as well.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Awww Man!! Totally jealous! How freaking cool will this be. Hope you guys post tons of pix and find a good spot for the show.

How can you go wrong with Bad-ass Military aircraft, boat's and a few beers?

I use to visit a buddy down in FLL and would go to the "salute to Military" air and sea show. It was awesome. Like a Jimmy Buffett concert except with military and airline fly-byes plus the occasion beach assault from an amphibious ship. Was the coolest airshows I've ever seen.

Hats off to all the active and retired military guys and gals on here. Nothing but respect for you all! [flag]

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks like weather is going to awesome on Sunday, hope it stays that way. We will probably be out in the 252.

LethFT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll be out there tomorrow as well.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
All
Thank you for the interest and information. Its pretty nice that MacDill has clearly posted zones in the bay to stay behind, not to mention the police boats trafficking the line too. Attached are some photos from Sunday. I went straight out of the Alafia (Williams Park) and anchored up in line with the water tower at MacDill. This put us pretty close to show center. I cannot attach the videos, but have some pretty sweet Blue Angel fly-by right over the boat.

1648482659897.png

Attachments