• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 ar195 gauge changes

Ibeflyinhigh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the look and layout of the new 23 connext gauges. Is it a possibility to update my 22 195 via software to the new style? or will it require changing out the entire unit? I'd love to email yamaha this question if anyone has a contact. Screenshot_20230202_211319_Chrome.jpg

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Following.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Highly doubt you can do anything other than buy a new screen. With that being said, you could sell your old screen pretty quickly.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I don't think the hardware themselves has changed, just the software on-screen layout. I may message my dealer as well to see. My only fear is, I have had zero issues with my Connext screen whereas I see on here many other have had many issues. Don't know if it is worth the risk to update.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I don't think the hardware themselves has changed, just the software on-screen layout. I may message my dealer as well to see. My only fear is, I have had zero issues with my Connext screen whereas I see on here many other have had many issues. Don't know if it is worth the risk to update.
Wishful thinking lol. Probably would have to be buddy buddy with a mechanic and see if he would load in software for you. To be sure you can cross check part#s on the screen.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Part #'s are different from 2022 to 2023. They are the same from 2020 - 2022. So they must have changed screens for this year.

Ibeflyinhigh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Part #'s are different from 2022 to 2023. They are the same from 2020 - 2022. So they must have changed screens for this year.
Still the same 4.3" size. And I did talk to someone who says they can be updated but the different part# makes me wonder now. I'll have to call dealer

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Still the same 4.3" size. And I did talk to someone who says they can be updated but the different part# makes me wonder now. I'll have to call dealer
You never know, it’s probably the same unit and the part number changed to delineate the software load on it. My 195s has the 7” screen and it’s number changed as well.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
can you 7" connext people take a picture of the back specifically the connection to the unit?

trying to see if its same as the 4.3. would love to get a 7"

keytoparadise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
In a perfect world, I'd love to flushmount my Simrad 7" and just move my connext screen over in the place of my phone mount. I'm not sure a 7" screen would even fit.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
In a perfect world, I'd love to flushmount my Simrad 7" and just move my connext screen over in the place of my phone mount. I'm not sure a 7" screen would even fit.
it’s been done

keytoparadise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
it’s been done
I didn't think the dash panel had enough room for a 7" screen. I'm getting ready to give it a shot but I don't know how willing I am to cut into the panel. lol