• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 AR250 Fuel gauge

Corkey250

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Filled the boat today with gas then hit the lake for the last 30 minutes or so of the motor break in time. Beached the boat and hung out. Three the kids in the boat and took some laps at 35 (lake limit). Then did about 2 hours of tubing. When I got back and beached low fuel went off showing 3-9% fuel. However when on plane coming back in I was around 65-70%. Then took out for some more laps (2, about 20 minutes) and went from 65-70% down to 40%. Beached again to load up and was 1-3%. On plane back to pull from water was at 30%. I checked for gas smell in engine compartment, and the bilge drain spout while on, both had no gasoline smell.

fuel used meter said I only used 29 gallons.

have 75 gallon take.

anyone else have this problem? Should I take to dealer for warranty issues? Sorry first boat and only second time out.

Corkey250

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Filled the boat today with gas then hit the lake for the last 30 minutes or so of the motor break in time. Beached the boat and hung out. Three the kids in the boat and took some laps at 35 (lake limit). Then did about 2 hours of tubing. When I got back and beached low fuel went off showing 3-9% fuel. However when on plane coming back in I was around 65-70%. Then took out for some more laps (2, about 20 minutes) and went from 65-70% down to 40%. Beached again to load up and was 1-3%. On plane back to pull from water was at 30%. I checked for gas smell in engine compartment, and the bilge drain spout while on, both had no gasoline smell.

fuel used meter said I only used 29 gallons.

have 75 gallon take.

anyone else have this problem? Should I take to dealer for warranty issues? Sorry first boat and only second time out.
about 5 hours on motors now.

Paul K

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have noticed a very similar thing the fuel percentage gage vs the fuel consumption in gallons shown by the computer. That last 2 times we left the water fuel percentage was at 25% (approx. 19 gal left) but fuel consumption showed 40 to 45 gallons used. We made a point to fill up each time and both times put 43 to 47 gals in the tank. The % meter seems to have some extra built into it so you can get to a marina to fill up before your are out. Hope this helps. Enjoy your boat. We are on our 2nd yamaha and love them!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have found that the connext screen “fuel used” tab is very accurate, within a couple of tenths at the most. The fuel gauge may settle down a bit after you get some hours on it. The 190 series fsh boats had similar issue.

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a new AR 250 and I noticed that I get a very different fuel used percentage when the boat is sitting in the water vs on plane. when i am not on plane it looks like I have much less fuel left

BlueBulls

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Connect your battery grounds together...my boat came with a black battery cable about 18" that I had no idea what was for until I started trying to figure out the same fuel gauge issue. I'd run through about half a tank and the fuel light would come on, levels jumping all around, not showing 100% even at fill-up. After connecting the grounds together all these issues and several others seemingly related to voltage issues disappeared immediately. Fuel gauge now shows 100% at fill-up, smoothly and predictably draws down, and does not jump around.

The Connext system draws off both battery banks - I think the slight variances in voltage in the system cause havoc if everything is not connected through the grounds. You'd think this is one of those things the 'prep fee' should account for but it seems to be a fairly common problem.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Connect your battery grounds together...my boat came with a black battery cable about 18" that I had no idea what was for until I started trying to figure out the same fuel gauge issue. I'd run through about half a tank and the fuel light would come on, levels jumping all around, not showing 100% even at fill-up. After connecting the grounds together all these issues and several others seemingly related to voltage issues disappeared immediately. Fuel gauge now shows 100% at fill-up, smoothly and predictably draws down, and does not jump around.

The Connext system draws off both battery banks - I think the slight variances in voltage in the system cause havoc if everything is not connected through the grounds. You'd think this is one of those things the 'prep fee' should account for but it seems to be a fairly common problem.
Excellent post! Another instance of improper grounding / bonding causing issues. Sorry to hear the brow ridged knuckle dragger who did the prep didn’t install that cable, but it’s a boon for the community here in that it shows how important proper grounding is.

mykwalker1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a similar problem and always fill it up and reset the “trip computer.” It is always very accurate to within a gallon at most difference and seems to be accurate when wake boarding a lot on a tank and also when just cruising on a tank.

it is a bit nerve racking when you slow down to go under a bridge and the fuel percentage reads zero!!!