• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 Model Delivery

DOH...forgot about that. Well it's similar performance to the 2022 models.
:D

Heavier boat different hull design. It may or may not be. That is why I am looking for real world usage. The boat tests on the 220's and 222's that I have reviewed leave some unanswered questions and vary on performance. Could be down circa 5-7 mph from the previous models, that is why I am looking for actual owner reviews and testing. Freeboard and hull design looks like it could handle rougher water better. Now have two people whom are looking at buying a Yamaha and debating on a Used previous model to the new model. In the 22' class boats, so I am hunting information.

Will see what I can pass along after we pick it up and get it out. All I have so far are a couple of pictures sent by dealer, today.
[
Got it out for first time and break in. Eventually felt OK getting to WOT for a bit. 42MPH on light chop (from Connext system). On smooth water I'd expect a little more. No issues for us. Plenty fast. Two people, lightly loaded. Hoping the same with a few more folks. Love the layout of the AR220, so far.

That is great info. You may get another 1 mph or so. It is what I was guestimating. Every person or two you may drop a bit MPH. They are very weight sensitive. What was the water temperature and air temperature? What about elevation? How much fuel in the tank?

Roughly 215' above sea level and 67 degrees surface temp, if I remember correctly. Lake Jordan in NC.

Roughly 215' above sea level and 67 degrees surface temp, if I remember correctly. Lake Jordan in NC.
was your tank full with the full 70 ?

Well it sounds like the performance is roughly the same as with the previous model years. That is great. Good looking boats, I know you will enjoy it.

It's crazy to me that Yamaha is delivering the new AR220's, yet have posted nothing (no new pics or videos) on either their website or Facebook page. :rolleyes:

Jim

Good Looking boat. The gph pops pretty good from 7000 -7400 rpm's. Wish they would reinforce the tower and put a tow point on it. All around I like the boat. But this is coming from someone whom owns a bowrider. Would of bought this boat hands down instead of the AR210 in 2020 if it was available.

We have been waiting for the 2023 275 SDX in SWFL and just took ownership a week ago. First one they got in dealership in our area. Have another one coming end of February and then unknown after that. Dealer said they hope they will get more but don’t expect it. DriveX system is awesome, lots of marinas and restaurants with tight quarters so docking is a breeze now.

Back