• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the sale to get in on!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

210 FSH Engine Upgrades

brian86992

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Alright I'm going to ask some dumb and controversial questions. How do we get more power from the 210?

Same hull as the 212x, right? Can you stick 1.8s in it? What would that require? Are the pumps the same? Engine mounts? How about squeezing more power out of the TR1s? Found one other thread on here discussing the Riva tuner but didn't hear specifically about the FSH.

Don't care too much about top speed, really looking for more ability to get on a plane with crew and ballast for wake boarding.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven’t had much luck yet, looking at Riva Tuner and impeller changes, but in all honesty my next boat will likely be bigger and an outboard in 5-6 years.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t know I just really don’t know. I do believe that the 1.8 ths have a larger pump I’m pretty sure of that. I guess you could steal two Jetski’s with the 1.8 and supercharger in them and do the switch to keep the cost down. No one on here has put 1.8 in a FSH 21 yet that I know of no one on here has put 1.8 in a FSH 21 yet that I know of. To do it legally it’s probably $30,000.

mkbcaptain

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ll be watching 👀👀👁👁

scokill

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lemmon won't be worth the squeeze. Just get a new or different boat.

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
silly me, I thought all 21's were twin screw...err jets.

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven’t had much luck yet, looking at Riva Tuner and impeller changes, but in all honesty my next boat will likely be bigger and an outboard in 5-6 years.
Interesting as I am considering going from IO/OB style to jet. Can you elaborate on why youre going back to OB? Thanks.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Going back to an OB boat is due to my desire to have offshore capability in a 24'-26' (or bigger) boat. You are pretty much limited to an OB in that size and description, though I have seen a few old inboard builds like that.

HangOutdoors

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Dixie Highway If you go big enough then you can just keep your FSH on the new boats back deck with a hoist for an inshore runabout. :) Seen this on a few large yachts out my way, ridiculous.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That will depend on my luck in the lottery I suppose. FSH would make a FANTASTIC yacht tender....

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going back to an OB boat is due to my desire to have offshore capability in a 24'-26' (or bigger) boat. You are pretty much limited to an OB in that size and description, though I have seen a few old inboard builds like that.
Yup. Personally I feel 23ft and above twin engines are necessary especially if running offshore.

Check out Sea Pro w Zuke outboards.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
maybe you could repitch your impellers ?? maybe the lucky 13 cones ??

those might give you more torque ?

Swatski had an AR190 that he did some impeller/cone work on, I think he used the Riva tuner on his 1.8l also, you'd have to search some of his old posts to confirm,