• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Last edited:
Reactions: 007

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You gotta love they toys you enjoy the most! Glad you and your wife agree on how you like to go play on the water. Look forward to more pics and posts in the future.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Congratulations on the sale... The new owner got a nice one!!!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Fast sale. That's awesome. Congrats.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sold it for $ 9000.00, made about $ 4100.00 after expenses, not to mention 7 days of labor cleaning, waxing, and fixing stuff.
Soooo, my guess is you didn't point him to this thread...bwahahahahaha.

Nice job Dan!

Glad it all worked out for you. Gotta go with what works best for you. I'm faced with a similar decision with the desert toys. I'm thinking it's time to ditch the toyhauler and step up to a MoHo with a trailer big enough for the RZR4 and a couple of bikes.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I totally agree on the buy low, sell high theory, hell I doubt anyone would buy a stock low and say well I'm just gonna hold on till it goes a little lower. LOL

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wait...What? That's a perfect little boat for two people to buzz around in. Its the sports car of the Yamaha Jetboat fleet. Funny your reasoning is the opposite of what happened to me when my kid grew up. Sold all my wetbikes and dirtbikes and the camper when she went off to college. Now I just have the boat (although I've been eyeing the RZR's lately :rolleyes: )

Oh well, nice flip!

Last edited:

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations and nice sale. I will be looking for a stand up jet ski and I have started browsing the ads. I think it would be easy to fix up and I always enjoyed riding the stand-ups more than the bench seat, waverunner. Everything has its place

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@SuperJetDan, technically you are still a jet boater since according to the coast guard pwcs are just high powered boats with a 1 to 3 person capacity. Nice job on the sale, it's not very often that I hear someone, other than a dealer, making money by selling a used boat.

I understand and some what agree with your rationale, jet skiing is a lot easier (prep, trailering and storage wise) than boating and generally it is less expensive as well. However, I can't think of a time in the last three years that I had my Waverunners out that I didn't miss the shade of the Bimini the sound of music or the taste of BBQ on the water that only a boat can provide.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I totally agree on the buy low, sell high theory, hell I doubt anyone would buy a stock low and say well I'm just gonna hold on till it goes a little lower. LOL
Um, uh, well, what ha happened was.....

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Jim. If he ever saw this thread it would be no big deal to me, nothing wrong with buying low (making something look new) and selling high. I would do the MoHo, much less work and more comfort.
I agree with you @SuperJetDan. YOU found a good deal, YOU put a lot of work into it and YOU should enjoy the fruits of your labor. I would bet the guy you sold it to for 9k wouldn't have considered it when it was $4100. Nor would he have had the knowledge you had to repair it. I'm sure he's as happy as you are.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Were holding you to it @SuperJetDan ... your a fixture here now (again), so we want to see you stay! But congrats on the boat sale!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
When we make it out to Powell, I hope you guys come! I might have to hit Saguaro with the boat too. I have been on that lake, but only once.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length